Windsor Hills pool construction update?

ChadsGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I did a search on this but didn't see much detail. I have recently heard about the pool updates going on at Windsor Hills and was wondering if anyone has any further information on exactly when it will be complete? I saw one thread where someone said "by January." Our family had booked a 6-bedroom house, checking in Thursday, January 25, 2018 and I'm wondering if we should anticipate much noise, disruption to our stay.

Since we'll have a nice large private pool at the house, I'm less concerned about actual use of the community pool than I am about noise, trucks, etc throughout the community resulting from the construction work.

Any info that you can share would be great! TIA!

If I remember correctly the pool is near the condos so you may not be affected anyway.

That's what I'm thinking too...last time we stayed in a townhouse and we were right across from the pool but I know the single family homes are further back so hoping it won't be noticeable. Thank you!

We've always stayed in the condos and I have never seen the single family homes. Have a great trip!

We will be staying at Windsor Hills late May through early June 2018. I assume (hope) the construction will be done by then?

If it helps at all we stayed in a condo the week of July 16th. They were working on replacing the roof on the gym, theater, covered patio area and office all in front of the pool area. This did affect some of the parking in front of the pool area for trucks and construction. Yet, they were very good at making sure it disrupted guest and residents as little as possible. I don't think they started construction until about 9am daily and were done by 5pm. Some construction noise was heard at the pool and in the gym while they were working but never at night. They also did a decent job of playing music in the pool area and gym to cover up the construction noise.

The homes are a considerable distance from the community pool so I doubt those staying in homes will be bothered by the construction at the pool at all.

The homes are a good distance away from the community area so you shouldn't be affected by any noise. From what i was told today by the owner that we always rent from is that pool construction begins September 18 and should be done by late January(if not sooner.) The pool and slide will not close during construction, the area being worked on is behind the pool. They are adding a larger hot tub, dueling water slides and a interactive water feature.

If it helps at all we stayed in a condo the week of July 16th. They were working on replacing the roof on the gym, theater, covered patio area and office all in front of the pool area. This did affect some of the parking in front of the pool area for trucks and construction. Yet, they were very good at making sure it disrupted guest and residents as little as possible. I don't think they started construction until about 9am daily and were done by 5pm. Some construction noise was heard at the pool and in the gym while they were working but never at night. They also did a decent job of playing music in the pool area and gym to cover up the construction noise.

The homes are a considerable distance from the community pool so I doubt those staying in homes will be bothered by the construction at the pool at all.

This is all good to know and makes me feel much better, thanks!

The homes are a good distance away from the community area so you shouldn't be affected by any noise. From what i was told today by the owner that we always rent from is that pool construction begins September 18 and should be done by late January(if not sooner.) The pool and slide will not close during construction, the area being worked on is behind the pool. They are adding a larger hot tub, dueling water slides and a interactive water feature.

Very helpful, thanks so much! I am not worried at all anymore! Can't wait for our trip!

The Windsor Hills facebook page has both the conceptual drawings and the timeline posted. It also states that the proposed date for the end of construction is January 31st 2018. I am thinking that Irma has probably delayed that end date, but no updates have been posted yet! You may be okay if they have a soft opening during your dates!

The home we stay in in Windsor Hills has posted conceptual drawings of the pool updates. It says it should be completed in January. Here is the link:

http://www.villaparklane.com/coming-soon/

We're staying there too! We LOVE Windsor Hills and stay in a different home each time but I have a feeling we might be returning to this one.

Thanks for sharing the link to the pictures. I'm sad we'll miss it this time...I guess we'll just have to start planning our next trip!

We're staying there too! We LOVE Windsor Hills and stay in a different home each time but I have a feeling we might be returning to this one.

Thanks for sharing the link to the pictures. I'm sad we'll miss it this time...I guess we'll just have to start planning our next trip!

Have fun Carrie24! We will be there in October. We have stayed at Villa Park Lane quite a few times over the past few years. It has become our favorite holiday home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter