Windsor Island Resort

Heluvsme

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at this newer resort? It is so new I’m finding very few reviews on it. It’s located in Davenport.

We have stayed at WH and Championsgate previously but came across a nice townhouse online in this resort.

I’d appreciate any information anyone may have.
Dawn

I would love to see some reviews of this place as well. The biggest drawback I have heard so far is that the resort is so new there is still a ton of construction and not all of the amenities are in in place.

Bumping up this thread to see if anyone has any updates in the past year or so. I'm planning a vacay for a group of 12 - 6 adults, 6 kids - and there seems to be some lovely houses available in this community.

Bumping up this thread to see if anyone has any updates in the past year or so. I'm planning a vacay for a group of 12 - 6 adults, 6 kids - and there seems to be some lovely houses available in this community.
I'm the OP, and we loved it there! Clean, new, nice part of town, nearby restaurants, stores, etc. It was a little farther out than we were used to, but the drive was worth it.
Highly recommend!

I'm the OP, and we loved it there! Clean, new, nice part of town, nearby restaurants, stores, etc. It was a little farther out than we were used to, but the drive was worth it.
Highly recommend!
Your recommendation encouraged us to pull the trigger and book a big, new house in Windsor Island! We have a large family and needed space for 17 with all the grandchildren! Thanks so much for posting! Did you have a chance to use the lazy river/water park area? I am hoping it won't be ice cold in March!

Your recommendation encouraged us to pull the trigger and book a big, new house in Windsor Island! We have a large family and needed space for 17 with all the grandchildren! Thanks so much for posting! Did you have a chance to use the lazy river/water park area? I am hoping it won't be ice cold in March!
How was your stay? I’m looking into this community for our large family. I’ve already seen a few houses with negative reviews 😟

How was your stay? I’m looking into this community for our large family. I’ve already seen a few houses with negative reviews 😟
The home (The Grand) was lovely. One of my sons and his daughter were able to use the water park and loved it. The rest of us never got to use it because we were so busy traveling to and from and spending time in the Walt Disney World theme parks. Make no mistake, you will be doing some commuting! Two or three times it took us over an hour and 15 minutes to get home because of traffic conditions. Our shortest commute one morning was about 22 minutes to the animal kingdom theme park. The resort is the closest to that one. If you’re going during a busy travel season, you will deal with terrible traffic. We have decided that staying in that home (or neighborhood) would be a vacation in and of itself. We would go back as an entire family just to stay there and actually make use of the home and the facilities. It would be a tough sell to get us to return if we were actively visiting theme parks.

One additional piece of information that I wish I would’ve known about beforehand is the parking pass situation. Our large group had five rental vehicles. As I mentioned, we were quite a distance away from the theme parks. We were all forced to leave the theme parks in the middle of the day to return back to the resort and stand in line at the rec center to get our parking passes during the hours that those passes are distributed. We were shocked that the gate attendants were unable to provide those to us upon entry. That meant that we had to leave the magic kingdom, ride the monorail to the ticket and transportation center, ride the shuttle to our cars, just to start our long drive. Then we all had to do it all again when we returned after having already done it that morning. I think you can see what a pain that was! We had to do this in order to keep our cars from being towed.

Last edited:
We have been repeat renters since I first posted this thread and each time the homes we’ve rented have been exceptionally clean and well appointed! We are going back for our 4th time in 2 weeks, can’t wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter