Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Weather is looking good, upper 60s to start with highs later in day of mid 80s. Humidity has been down lately but that might tick up. This time of year weather is pretty consistent and predictable, much better than last years rain filled weekend.
This is a little warm for my liking. We just arrived this evening so I am thrilled to have the week to acclimate. Have a long run tomorrow morning, seems it will be similar weather for the race weekend. I’m sweating already 🥵

I think the "I Did It" t-shirt for purchase (not as the included race shirt) is traditional, they've had them about as long as I've been doing Disney races (before runDisney was runDisney). I like that they continue that tradition.

Long ago they'd sell a Champion-brand "I Did It" t-shirt featuring a cool graphic of the race course map on the back of the shirt. Those were my favorite.

I don't like "I Did It" on the medals and mileage magnets, though! And it certainly doesn't need to be the most prominent feature of the finisher tshirt.

Unrelated, but I am VERY HAPPY to see they brought back some raglan-cut sleeves on the I Did It shirts, now they need to do the same on the official race shirts!! Raglan cut is better for running/ease-of-movement and often fits better for women and people with athletic builds (like runners!). Disney cheaped out big time when they changed their shirt cuts several years back so this is a change back for the better that I hope is expanded. (I rarely wear my new, cheaper runDisney shirts but my old raglan-cut Champions still get heavy use!)

Yeah the I did it stuff had been around since I started doing runDisney in 2015. But they were always their own shirts, sometimes with a cool course map.

They also usually have what I think of as the "premium" shirt for each distance. I loved those, they were tech shirts but nicer and with trim or side panels, etc. Some time recently they started combing the two into one shirt, and I hate it. I don’t mind seeing Finisher on it but I Did It, save it for the pins/magnets/mugs or the separate shirt.

Wow, almost here already. I haven’t been on in a couple weeks and suddenly there’s 17 pages and I‘m leaving in 3 days for the race! Anyways, anyone still looklong for a post race party ticket? I always sell mine and say maybe next year I’ll go, nope, definitely have one available

Wow, almost here already. I haven’t been on in a couple weeks and suddenly there’s 17 pages and I‘m leaving in 3 days for the race! Anyways, anyone still looklong for a post race party ticket? I always sell mine and say maybe next year I’ll go, nope, definitely have one available
Yes! I will buy it from you if you still have it!

I have a question about the $15 credit. Last year I added it to the Disney gift card website, and then was able to transfer it to a regular Disney gift card. This year I can add it to the website and look at "Transaction history" but it is listed as "Walt Disney World Resort" and can't transfer it to a regular gift card. Does this mean it can only be used during the party? Or can it be used at WDW other places/times? I'm not planning on going to the party.

I have a question about the $15 credit. Last year I added it to the Disney gift card website, and then was able to transfer it to a regular Disney gift card. This year I can add it to the website and look at "Transaction history" but it is listed as "Walt Disney World Resort" and can't transfer it to a regular gift card. Does this mean it can only be used during the party? Or can it be used at WDW other places/times? I'm not planning on going to the party.

I noticed the same thing, I wasn't able to merge it with another card either. Maybe because it has an expiry of November 13th?

I’ve never been able to merge it and never go to the party but never had a problem spending it anywhere on property during our trip
usually just keep it on my phone and use It for whatever the first purchase is so I don’t forget about it

Following up Great Lakes post, he no longer needs a spot on my memory maker. I’ve got one spot for the 10k and the half. If someone needs/wants their pics, let me know. It’s $10 a race.

Anyone who is worried about being swept to the point that they feel like they should track the balloon ladies….just track the pacers from the last pace group AND yourself so you can easily compare times when you and they cross the chip mats.

Is runner tracking active, and if so where is the link?

The Event Guide is not the most user friendly, but glad that they are using local elementary schoolers as interns for this project.

Is runner tracking active, and if so where is the link?

The Event Guide is not the most user friendly, but glad that they are using local elementary schoolers as interns for this project.
It is not yet active, but here is the link https://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-WD-2022

And it was hard to find for sure. I had to go to Events -> Half Marathon -> Spectator Viewing and then click "Learn More" in the top right corner to find it. Intuitive!
1667223035629.png

Weather is looking good, upper 60s to start with highs later in day of mid 80s. Humidity has been down lately but that might tick up. This time of year weather is pretty consistent and predictable, much better than last years rain filled weekend.
After running and training in Miami, this is going to feel wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter