Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

We each received a personal link that is good until July 12th. Not busy, no queuing with anyone else. The link took you right to your registration page and your name was grayed out so you couldn't change it. Hope that answers your question.
What kind of stuff was available for purchase? Was it the same stuff that was available in 2020?

What kind of stuff was available for purchase? Was it the same stuff that was available in 2020?

Several "bundles" - AP, Commemorative Weekend, Challenge, and various distances. They included a variety of magnets, pins, a tervis tumbler, and an ornament. No Pictures. No jackets/spirit jerseys.

example of pricing: AP Bundle: Magnet, Tervis Tumbler, and Logo Pin for $69.99 (plus any fees/taxes)

Several "bundles" - AP, Commemorative Weekend, Challenge, and various distances. They included a variety of magnets, pins, a tervis tumbler, and an ornament. No Pictures. No jackets/spirit jerseys.

example of pricing: AP Bundle: Magnet, Tervis Tumbler, and Logo Pin for $69.99 (plus any fees/taxes)
Thanks!

ve been able to get a semi-reasonable reservation at POFQ. Now I just need to get reg
I booked ASMusic. Still hoping to snag a DVC studio, but at least now I have a backup plan. Hopefully they release some decent discounts, because I had to look away to book ASMusic at $150/night

Moved from AKL—> CBR —> POFQ in the span of a week lol now just waiting on bib status (if one or both of us get in we are good to go if neither get in but we get in for marathon weekend I’ll probably cancel November’s resort and run a local 10k that Saturday)

Moved from AKL—> CBR —> POFQ in the span of a week lol now just waiting on bib status (if one or both of us get in we are good to go if neither get in but we get in for marathon weekend I’ll probably cancel November’s resort and run a local 10k that Saturday)
I am deciding between POFQ and Coronado Tower.

I am so ready!!! Had 2 cancelled registrations due to COVID - hoping third time's the charm. Now this means I have to actually get back to running.....

There's a likelihood that I'll not be home when registration opens, so anything special to know about trying to get in via iPhone instead of computer?

does anyone have any idea if you will be able to convert to a virtual if you sign up for in person? I know that historically they have not allowed deferrals to the following year and I don't expect that to change but I'm not sure what they lose out on if they let an in-person bib holder convert to virtual if they choose. I sent an email, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm curious about this too. Let us know if runDisney responds. I'd like to sign up for in-person but if the Covid situation becomes worse between now and then, I'd like to be able to transfer my registration to virtual.

I'm curious about this too. Let us know if runDisney responds. I'd like to sign up for in-person but if the Covid situation becomes worse between now and then, I'd like to be able to transfer my registration to virtual.
The response I got was fairly boiler plate and suggested that deferrals (as usual) would not be offered.

There's a likelihood that I'll not be home when registration opens, so anything special to know about trying to get in via iPhone instead of computer?
I would just say scroll fast and skip parts that you can tell are optional - entering things via phone is always hard, even if you have some input fields auto-filled and so the key is to get through the registration with minimal input and then come back later and change things. I would probably skip any of the proof of time entry stuff for sure.

I would just say scroll fast and skip parts that you can tell are optional - entering things via phone is always hard, even if you have some input fields auto-filled and so the key is to get through the registration with minimal input and then come back later and change things. I would probably skip any of the proof of time entry stuff for sure.
So would you do this for Dopey Registration too? I know you can go back submit POT but for Dopey don’t they ask you for anticipated finish times for the full and 10k/5k? Would you say just to skip all that and basically get your name and contact info in and nothing else?

So would you do this for Dopey Registration too? I know you can go back submit POT but for Dopey don’t they ask you for anticipated finish times for the full and 10k/5k? Would you say just to skip all that and basically get your name and contact info in and nothing else?
I mean, I would...In all honesty it is more important to me to get the registration than worry about entering the time. And if the past registration is an indicator, they didn't "save" your selection until after you paid for it. So any seconds lost filling out time that are not important delays getting to the point of submitting payment. I don't recall them asking for Dopey any anticipated time other than the main marathon time - I just don't remember though. Basically I'm saying try to fill out required stuff - and do it as fast as you can because the worst thing that can happen is you get put in a later coral but at least you are in the race. Again, this is just my opinion and if they happened to improve the reservation system where it saves your spot the minute you click it then this is moot and you'll have time to enter things correctly before payment - but I don't anticipate them actually improving their registration system (I hope they do).

I mean, I would...In all honesty it is more important to me to get the registration than worry about entering the time. And if the past registration is an indicator, they didn't "save" your selection until after you paid for it. So any seconds lost filling out time that are not important delays getting to the point of submitting payment. I don't recall them asking for Dopey any anticipated time other than the main marathon time - I just don't remember though. Basically I'm saying try to fill out required stuff - and do it as fast as you can because the worst thing that can happen is you get put in a later coral but at least you are in the race. Again, this is just my opinion and if they happened to improve the reservation system where it saves your spot the minute you click it then this is moot and you'll have time to enter things correctly before payment - but I don't anticipate them actually improving their registration system (I hope they do).
what is the required stuff and is it clear what is required? I don't remember, it's been a few years.

Most if not all of my past races have been from work. Usually have a personal phone(iPhone) work phone(android) personal tablet(iPad) and work tablet(android) going. If I remember right my best luck is iPad on WiFi or the android phone and then it’s the same process as any computer, just need to make sure I’ve got my glasses for the tiny screen.
Wishing you good luck and hoping for the same. I was thinking it couldn’t happen last minute as there are no DVC rooms, but we found time for a quick trip, a room at ASM and companion flights for points on SW so I just need a bib and I won’t miss the return to RD.

eta: I do remember one time I didn’t select a shirt size and it flagged it as an error and locked up, had to start over, luckily my other device got in and I made it

what is the required stuff and is it clear what is required? I don't remember, it's been a few years.

To my recollection, all information is "required" to move on to the next screen. But what you place in most all spots can be edited later. The things I would imagine are hard to edit later would be name, address, email, DOB/age and gender. Although, I've got to imagine even address/email may be editable at a later time, but I highly doubt name, DOB/age, and gender are that easy to edit at a later time (and may even pre-fill based on your runDisney profile). With that being said, don't just completely skip the other questions. Because from these images, they have the classic "*" next to them to indicate that the process might likely bounce you back to doing the same page again when missing questions.

So if you're aiming to save a few seconds on registration, just submit an estimate above 2:00 hrs on POT. For a t-shirt size, just select something quickly and edit later. Have your CC ready to enter.

In all likelihood, it's getting into the actual registration page that is going to take the precious time. In the past, they didn't save your bib once the registration page started. But the registration itself takes maybe 1-2 minutes if you're quick and doing a solo one. The time it takes to actually get from queue to the registration page can be 5, 10, 20 minutes, and that's where the time is most likely lost. So my advice is several devices, with several different browsers, opening the link at times before and after the registration window opens. Maximize your chances and minimize the time waiting in the queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter