Wine on Fantasy

texascutie

Mouseketeer
Can anyone who has recently been on the Fantasy confirm if they offer a Rose wine at dinner? My daughter and I split the wine package last summer and they didn't offer one in the standard package. I did submit a request to guest services months ago, fingers crossed as a chilled rose is so nice in the summer heat. Thanks in advance! 🍷

They might have rosé by the glass, but I’ve never seen bottles in the package - only Red or White. For chilled with a package that would be bottles of White.

That's too bad. I thought I saw someone with a glass of rose near the theater last time so that makes sense they sell by the glass only. Thanks though!

I mean, they could? Honestly I haven't done white zin (aka rose) since my senior year in college - discovered red afterwards. Never looked back.

I mean, they could? Honestly I haven't done white zin (aka rose) since my senior year in college - discovered red afterwards. Never looked back.
I typically only drink red, however my daughter likes rose and we are splitting the package. I have found when it's hot out a chilled rose is nice too. Need to find a nice white wine for the summer, not too oaky or heavy.

I'm about 50/50 in agreement with many of your posts (and that's not a bad thing, we all have opinions). But I have to agree with you whole heartedly on this one; especially a very good Pinot Noir. Only problem I have is I like red and my wife likes white. :goodvibes

I'm about 50/50 in agreement with many of your posts (and that's not a bad thing, we all have opinions). But I have to agree with you whole heartedly on this one; especially a very good Pinot Noir. Only problem I have is I like red and my wife likes white. :goodvibes

My dad likes white and I am solidly in the red camp (I've tried whites...they just aren't my jam) - so when we cruise together we just get things by the glass since my mom doesn't drink wine at all and my sister is usually just on her dinner break so she can't drink anything.

This has made me wonder if his favorite wine (that he discovered on DCL and mentioned to the local wine store he frequents so much they now get it regularly) will be available on the B2B European cruises my parents are going on at the end of the month. I WhatsApped my sis and she said she hadn't thought about that yet but would check - and said she has a couple of good wine people to recommend things to him if they don't have it. (It's St. Francis Chardonnay.)

Just a reminder that you CAN bring a bottle of your own rosé on board. Each guest 21 years and older can bring up to 2 bottles of wine, each up to 750 ml. You can put it in your in-room fridge, or ask your steward for ice to chill it. So if you can’t find a package that you like, or you want a full bottle instead of buying by the glass, you can go this route. 😊

Rose is not white zin. Rose is made from a variety of grapes including Grenache, Pinot nous, cab franc. It can be made with Zinfandel but rarely - and it is not the white zin that more aligns with the moscato of today.

My dad likes white and I am solidly in the red camp (I've tried whites...they just aren't my jam) - so when we cruise together we just get things by the glass since my mom doesn't drink wine at all and my sister is usually just on her dinner break so she can't drink anything.

This has made me wonder if his favorite wine (that he discovered on DCL and mentioned to the local wine store he frequents so much they now get it regularly) will be available on the B2B European cruises my parents are going on at the end of the month. I WhatsApped my sis and she said she hadn't thought about that yet but would check - and said she has a couple of good wine people to recommend things to him if they don't have it. (It's St. Francis Chardonnay.)
The main issue I have with getting wine by the glass is the variability of the pours. I think that I get a short pour at least half the time. Some of the bartenders are stretching the 750 ml bottle to get 6 pours (125 ml or ~4+ oz) rather than the “standard” 5 pours (150 ml or ~5 oz). Since the price per glass is frequently about 1/4th the price of the bottle, there’s already an extra premium in the wine-by-the-bottle pricing even when they get 5 glasses per bottle. No need to stretch it even more. I’ve been buying wine by the bottle (either as part of the wine package or as a single bottle), drinking half, and having the assistant server bring the bottle to the next MDR the following night where I finish it. Most red wines (my preference) seem to hold up well for two nights. Drinking half of a bottle provides two generous (~6+ oz or 187.5 ml) pours at a price that approximates the price of two much smaller pours when purchased by the glass.

I like the approach at some of the WDW restaurants, where they identify the size of the serving for wine by the glass. Some even have pricing for a single glass (usually 150 ml) or a quartino (250 ml). The quartino is usually served in a small carafe.

The main issue I have with getting wine by the glass is the variability of the pours. I think that I get a short pour at least half the time. Some of the bartenders are stretching the 750 ml bottle to get 6 pours (125 ml or ~4+ oz) rather than the “standard” 5 pours (150 ml or ~5 oz). Since the price per glass is frequently about 1/4th the price of the bottle, there’s already an extra premium in the wine-by-the-bottle pricing even when they get 5 glasses per bottle. No need to stretch it even more. I’ve been buying wine by the bottle (either as part of the wine package or as a single bottle), drinking half, and having the assistant server bring the bottle to the next MDR the following night where I finish it. Most red wines (my preference) seem to hold up well for two nights. Drinking half of a bottle provides two generous (~6+ oz or 187.5 ml) pours at a price that approximates the price of two much smaller pours when purchased by the glass.

I like the approach at some of the WDW restaurants, where they identify the size of the serving for wine by the glass. Some even have pricing for a single glass (usually 150 ml) or a quartino (250 ml). The quartino is usually served in a small carafe.
I’m so with you! My daughter and I split the package last summer; she picked half white and I picked half red. Her’s came to the table in a chiller and we averaged a bottle each every 2+ mdr sittings. It was definitely more economical than per glass. Just deciding how many each for 10 nights in July! Plus since I preorder, that’s paid for before cruise. Maybe a sparkling for mimosas needs to be added. Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter