Winter Park Questions - Commute to Camping Stadium

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Will be staying in Winter Park for two nights over winter break (one of the nights will be at a Bowl Game in Orlando - so need to decide to how we want to get there). Will have one full day in Winter Park and one dinner in the area. Any suggestions welcome as well as an idea of what kind of holiday events go on during the week between xmas/new years.

Thanks!

I would just take an Uber or taxi, it’s not far. The stadium is in an awful area. I wouldn’t venture away in that area. Mt Dora is nice to visit that time of year. Lk Eola has decorations up and is nice. Nice restaurants close by.

I would just take an Uber or taxi, it’s not far. The stadium is in an awful area. I wouldn’t venture away in that area. Mt Dora is nice to visit that time of year. Lk Eola has decorations up and is nice. Nice restaurants close by.
Thanks for the recommendations. We will consider taking an uber to the stadium. At the end of the night, it's so stressful to order/wait for an uber with masses of others doing the same. Any recommendations on car services that we can pre-book and choose a pick up spot?

When DH & DS have gone to games there they always purchase parking in advance as early as possible .. to get best lot possible .. with minimum walking. No way I'd show up to try to find parking. You likely will end up in an area you don't want to be in.

Here is map of lots and you can see where you go for ride share drop/pickup.

1696261025853.png

We've been several times and find it best to park at the Amway center. They have free busses that will drop you off right at the stadium and will pick you up and take you back.

We've been several times and find it best to park at the Amway center. They have free busses that will drop you off right at the stadium and will pick you up and take you back.
interesting - thank you. i found the official info on this - nice option! in your experience, is it crazy at the end of an event waiting for these shuttles? we are scarred by last year's bowl game that we went to in miami and getting an uber back to the hotel was incredibly difficult.

interesting - thank you. i found the official info on this - nice option! in your experience, is it crazy at the end of an event waiting for these shuttles? we are scarred by last year's bowl game that we went to in miami and getting an uber back to the hotel was incredibly difficult.
It's a little chaotic, theyre 1st come 1st served but they have a ton lined up and ready to go. They do have a clear line that you have to stand in so its not super crazy. Plus there's a bus lane. So once you get on, it's pretty quick back to the amway. An uber would be very crazy imo. The busses will be on the northeast side of the stadium. We have walked back to the amway too, it's not that far. As others have said this is not a great part of town, but they'll be a ton of people walking and tons of cops directing traffic so we've never felt unsafe. We go to a lot of orlando soccer games (same area, different stadium) as well so we've done this trek a lot

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter