Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Decidedly not a woohoo… I woke up early this morning with a very sore throat. With everything going around I decided I had better get myself home as quickly as possible, so I changed my return flight to one at 9am this morning, boarding is starting in a few minutes.

On the woohoo side, I was able to get on todays flight and get an aisle seat. Disney is going to credit me the amount for the nights I didn’t stay and there are three less days the pet nanny has to come. So even tho the flight change was pricey I do come out ahead with the $$$.

And woohoo… I got what I needed out of the days I was here, and I am happy with the trip. I am also happy that I’ll be sleeping in my own bed tonight and will be home to face being sick with
whatever this is.
Awwwww I am so sorry to hear this!!! What a unexpected turn of events!!

Safe travels to you and we will be waiting to hear how you are feeling! ❤️

Joining @Oneanne on the sickness train this morning! Hoping I can find a empty seat-everyone is sick!!

Whooo-hooooing today that I am a remote worker so when I am sick I don’t need to take a sick day (although I considered it today which is really saying something!!)

Also whooohooo that I can lay down on my lunch break and nap today!

Today I am thankful for Alaska Airlines, Tylenol and Uber. Travels home yesterday were so smooth and effortless that when I walked in the front door I thought "wait, how did I get here?". Last evening I started to run a fever, then the congestion showed up. Today I am flat out sick, so even tho I am sad about leaving early it was the right thing to do. It all feels so surreal, Tuesday evening I was strolling around World Showcase and then suddenly I was back at home.

This is definitely a cold and feels like it is going to be of medium severity, and again even tho I am sad to be using vacation time being sick, I am grateful that I have the time to do nothing but rest and get well.

Last edited:
Thankful for tried and true recipes...and new ones in pintrest
Thankful for stand up comedy
Thankful for Christmas lights and going to see cool displays
Thankful for managers who understand sometimes lunch break needs to be an hour to go see a concert at school
Thankful for soft sweatshirts with those little thumb holes

Thankful for everyone here, I know I always have friends who are here for me to share all the good times and the bad times.

Thankful for DDs honesty. Her honesty as she grows into a full blown teen has been a blessing, I pray it continues.

Thankful for my health and hoping for recovery this weekend from whatever it is that I have.

I’m thankful for my health, hoping to stay healthy so that I can spend Christmas with my family in NY for the first time in three years.

I’m thankful that today is the last day before my challenging student leaves. It’s been 65 difficult days dealing with a psychotic 5 year old. In 22 years of teaching, I never had a student so scary and dangerous.

I’m thankful that the weekend is almost here.

DD has joined the sick train too. She started to not feel good on Monday and came home from school and then seemed fine Tuesday and Wednesday morning. When she got in the car after school she did not look good. She only had a 100 temp then. By midnight she was up to 102.5. She has been home yesterday and today. I think I will take her to see the doctor. It doesn't seem like the flu. She has a very mild runny nose, a headache, sore throat, ear pain and her stomach hurts. These are all the signs she gets with strep. She is doing a bit better today. She hasn't had medicine for the fever since 6:30 last night and is only at 101 now.

DS had his band concert last night. Poor DD has missed hers the last 2 years. It was a great concert. They even had the guy that helps the band (he deals with any payments as well as all the announcing of things during marching band) read Twas the night before christmas as one of the bands played.

My woohoo and Thankful Thursday are the same. DD does not know when her anxiety or depression kicks in. I know and try to tell her and when I do this she yells back that that is not the issue. I knew she has been a little off the week or so and didn't say anything and was just keeping an eye on her. Wednesday she texted while at school and asked to see her therapist because she feels like she might have season depression. This is huge for her. I asked the hard questions to see how bad it was and she is nowhere near how bad things got last year so she noticed it early on. I am woohooing that she finally seems to know when things are getting a little off and is able to ask for help before it gets bad. I am thankful that she is comfortable with telling me when she needs help and that she realizes that she needs help.

Just got back a little bit ago from taking DD to the doctor. Looks like the flu. Strep was negative and her ear was not infected. We didn't test for the flu since all her symptoms pointed to that. No need to put her through that test. So lots of rest and fluid and treat symptoms as needed.

@Oneanne and @PAsFab5 I hope you guys feel better. and sorry Oneanne that you had to cut your trip short.

I just did a drive around the neighborhood so I could feel a part of the world but not interact with anyone face to face. I’ve done a few minor things, but haven’t tackled my big thing for the day yet, which is to finish putting up the outdoor lights on the porch.

This cold isn’t horrible, so I feel like I can/should be doing things but at the same time it has me flattened. Maybe tomorrow…

Happy Friday Everyone!

@Oneanne don’t push yourself! Rest and feel better

@piglet1979 so sorry to hear about DDs flu-hoping for a quick recovery for her! Glad she reached out about her mental health-that is amazing!

I started a antibiotic last night at have 4 doses in so far. I think I am doing better. I slept 10pm-10am and again from 1-3pm today. I will be going in a hour for a grocery pickup but that will be it. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

All weekend plans cancelled here except maybe church Sunday…we will see. I called DH and I off from all volunteering at the spca (DH is sick too…)

DD has a packed weekend-she’s doing Christmas candylane at Hershey park tomorrow with her cousins, and has a chick fil a work party Sunday afternoon and her youth group Christmas party Sunday night! Hoping she stays well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter