Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I guess I had FOMO, so I caught a cold (so far no other symptoms than a stuffy and runny nose).

It’s frustrating because my students come to school sick constantly. I have windows cracked open even though it’s been in the 20’s-30’s. I wear a mask most of the time except at my desk behind plexiglass and next to an open window. We clean and disinfect surfaces all day. Somehow the little stinkers still got me. I really wish that parents would keep their sick kids home instead of giving them Tylenol for their fever hoping nobody will notice. I notice when the child falls asleep during class, has glassy eyes, and starts crying.

I guess I had FOMO, so I caught a cold (so far no other symptoms than a stuffy and runny nose).

It’s frustrating because my students come to school sick constantly. I have windows cracked open even though it’s been in the 20’s-30’s. I wear a mask most of the time except at my desk behind plexiglass and next to an open window. We clean and disinfect surfaces all day. Somehow the little stinkers still got me. I really wish that parents would keep their sick kids home instead of giving them Tylenol for their fever hoping nobody will notice. I notice when the child falls asleep during class, has glassy eyes, and starts crying.
Yesterday I had a conversation with a co-worker about how when I was in school, we had to be at deaths door and confined to bed before we were allowed to stay home. Sorry to hear they finally got you and hope it doesn't turn in to much of anything.

Today I am thankful for...
... my little faux Christmas tree. Each year I am amazed at how much stuff I can load on to her. When I was at the nursery earlier in the week I looked at some small trees, thinking I might put one on the porch but they started at $50 - ouch!
... that I'm past the self-isolation phase and have enough energy to actually get out of the house for a little while each day. I'm going to test again Sunday and will hopefully be clear.
... for my co-workers. We're going thru a rough patch at work right now and everyone is tired and sick. I am so grateful to have people around me where we can have open and honest conversations and work things thru.
... and I'm thankful that we are almost at the Winter Solstice! End of next week the days start to get longer again and it is amazing how quickly just two minutes a day adds up.

I'm very ready for winter solstice. I had an after school workshop yesterday...an unpleasant one at that...and when I looked out the window at 4:30pm, it was pitch black. I didn't leave until after 5:30pm. The streets surrounding my school get scary after dark. I felt sick, tired, and unappreciated after that awful workshop. I just wanted to get home. Ugh.

Anyway, we need more light...every day, more light.

I am thankful for more light coming...
I am thankful for all of my sick days...
I am thankful that I don't have the Covid symptoms...
I am thankful that I got the important things done at school enabling me to take time to heal without worry...
I am thankful that my school BFF is coming back on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thankful for modern medicine and the fact that by and large most illnesses are little more than an inconvenience...such a change from just a few generations ago.
Thankful for standup comedy.
Thankful for dining for dollars fundraisers, such wonderful excuses to get takeout.

Happy Friday!!!

Catching up on Thankful Thursday….

Thankful for some additional time yesterday evening that I used to bake cookies for the staff at the SPCA. I was going to do it today with the baby under my feet/in my hands but I was able to finish and make 3 trays up last night. Delivering them this morning before my sister goes to work and I get my niece for the day.

Thankful for the email that I received last night to sign up for the next series in my womens Bible study group. I miss getting together and the learning/growing I get from the study each week and I am excited to get started again!

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday and start to the weekend!!

I'm to the point where I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... this is day 10, so hopefully I'm coming to the end of it. I'm going to test again Sunday, with my fingers crossed.

For the weekend it'll be mostly sticking pretty close to home. I need to get my Christmas menu and grocery list together and clean house... always with the cleaning house. I want to get out for a couple cold wintery walks and need to get a few more things for the gift bags. I want to go to the Farmer's Market Sunday, it looks like the weather forecast is for mixed rain/snow so that will be very "seasonal".

I'm to the point where I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... this is day 10, so hopefully I'm coming to the end of it. I'm going to test again Sunday, with my fingers crossed.

For the weekend it'll be mostly sticking pretty close to home. I need to get my Christmas menu and grocery list together and clean house... always with the cleaning house. I want to get out for a couple cold wintery walks and need to get a few more things for the gift bags. I want to go to the Farmer's Market Sunday, it looks like the weather forecast is for mixed rain/snow so that will be very "seasonal".
I feel you. It took me a couple of weeks after the 10 days to feel normal again. I hope it is quicker for you.

I took a second sick day for my cold to avoid bronchitis and pneumonia. I’m using my inhalers and mucinex which usually does the trick. I’m trying to get well for all of the fun holiday activities at school next week and more importantly, Christmas.

My BFF is returning to school on Monday, and I can hardly contain my excitement.

Did I mention that my Bestie is coming back to school after being on medical leave for two months? She popped in to visit her students and I missed her because I was home sick. Bummer. It's okay...I'm ready for Monday. I made her a welcome back sign already, with glitter no less...
Can you tell I'm excited?!

8DA273B7-3BB4-4105-9423-B25C27E6567F.jpegB9B47C74-83AA-4562-9B5C-891F653C37B5.jpeg1539CED1-FF94-4FF3-8BB6-B99DA0587369.jpeg

Early rise for presents
Visiting others in NY
Christmas with family (hopefully after 3 years without them)
Dress up for Christmas
Open gifts one by one so each person feels special
Presents before dinner
Dinner cooked at nephew’s home
Traditional Christmas dinner (Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding)
No speech, just a blessing before dinner
Table seating plan
Both movies (Christmas Vacation) and whatever games the kids got for Christmas (We got them indoor snowballs and Cards Against Maturity)

We usually stay over but not this year.

Last edited:
@Oneanne I sure hope your feeling better soon!!

@Summer2018 feel better!! Rest up this weekend!!

-Rise early
-Visiting others (not against hosting, but other family members insist on hosting which is fine!)
Christmas with family
-Depends-we do a PJs with my in-laws and we do a theme with my family-sometimes it’s PJs sometimes something else
-Open gifts one by one
-Presents after dinner at my family and we split it at my in laws-kids go before and adults got after
-Homecooked
-Traditional dinner
-No speech just prayers
Both!
-Peace and quiet

-Depends on how late we are out Christmas eve
-combo
-with the fam
-pjs Christmas eve, Christmas shirts and sweats Christmas day
-one at a time Christmas eve, all at once Christmas day
-after dinner Christmas eve, before Christmas day
-cook dinner
-whatever takes our fancy but we have items that are traditional for us
-n/a
-assigned Christmas eve, where you like Christmas day
-tv/movies...football games this year!
-peace and quiet over night

Christmas eve is the event in DH's family and then I host a small Christmas day get together with us and my in-laws. It's 48 hours of chaos but it's great

- Being of Scandinavian decent we do the most of the big Christmas stuff on Christmas Eve, except stockings, so as kids we were early rise but now it is lie in.
- I usually host, but the past few years have been multiple Christmas's so a lot of visiting.

- I need to make more friends so that it isn't just family every year!
- PJs on Christmas Day
- Open one-by-one
- Open after dinner
- I love to go out for Christmas dinner on Christmas Day, but rarely do it.
- Not traditional, this year the pot luck menu has turned out to be quite eclectic.
- As Queen of my household I rarely give a formal speech.
- Sit wherever
- For many years we would do a movie in a theater on Christmas Day, which is fun.
- No staying over, all peace and quiet.

Did a lot of running around today (Saturday). I was in-and-out of Home Goods, Hobby Lobby and Nordstrom, all down at the mall 20 minutes away, by 10:10am this morning. Since then I've made trips to three of the local grocery stores and now have pretty much all the foods for Christmas except perishables.

Tomorrow morning I need to pop in to Whole Foods to do an Amazon return and then I'll go to the Farmer's Market. I'd like to have a fancy brunch out tomorrow, but have to wait and see if I test negative first. We are supposed to start getting snow in the afternoon, so the plan for the rest of the day is to hang out at home... and breathe!

Made it to pop century last night! So wild to just go straight to the room and use my phone to get in!

Just ate some packaged pb and crackers. Think we’ll head to Disney springs here in a bit. We found two sets of very old magic bands so want to visit guest services and see which works better! And of course we’ll check out the Christmas trees and stores.

So thankful to be on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter