Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

LOVE family movies-what are you all going to watch???
Unfortunately, that got put off because DS needs to go rescue a friend with car trouble. (We were going to watch Lightyear and then maybe something else yetTBD.)

I've been finishing up baking/candy-making instead, and once the peppermint bark (chilling now) is cracked and packaged, I think I'm going to watch A Christmas Story Christmas (which neither of them were particularly interested in.)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE Everyone!

1671914922095.png

We are free! The big thaw did take place over night and the ice is gone. I had intended to get to the grocery store early this morning, but over slept and didn't get out of the house until 9am... evidently everyone else in the neighborhood had the same idea because it was hopping! They had people out in the lot doing traffic control, which was really helpful, and being around the all the people was actually fun.

After that I went up to The Junction where a couple stores were open early, bought some odds and ends, chatted with a few people and then stood in line to get in to the
French bakery to pick up a baguette. After that I had time to kill before the yarn store opened, so I went to the drive thru Starbucks and since it was Christmas I bought for the gal in the car behind me. As I was pulling out I looked back and she was so excited and waved... it was so satisfying!

All that I have left for today is to bake the gingerbread cake, frost cookies and do the final clean up. A
truly glorious day!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE Everyone!

View attachment 727196

We are free! The big thaw did take place over night and the ice is gone. I had intended to get to the grocery store early this morning, but over slept and didn't get out of the house until 9am... evidently everyone else in the neighborhood had the same idea because it was hopping! They had people out in the lot doing traffic control, which was really helpful, and being around the all the people was actually fun.

After that I went up to The Junction where a couple stores were open early, bought some odds and ends, chatted with a few people and then stood in line to get in to the
French bakery to pick up a baguette. After that I had time to kill before the yarn store opened, so I went to the drive thru Starbucks and since it was Christmas I bought for the gal in the car behind me. As I was pulling out I looked back and she was so excited and waved... it was so satisfying!

All that I have left for today is to bake the gingerbread cake, frost cookies and do the final clean up. A
truly glorious day!
You certainly have Christmas Spirit!

Happy Day after Christmas everyone. Hope everyone has had lovey soul filling celebrations.

We have today off since Christmas fell on Sunday, so the big plans for today are to get out for a walk at the beach... a storm front has been blowing thru so this will have to wait for a bit... and cleaning up from yesterday, including getting as much sugar out of the house as possible. And I'm thinking of going out for lunch.

Motivation for this week... this is the magical week between holidays, so I plan on tapping into that magic as much as possible. Friday I take off for Port Townsend and will be meeting up with my Niece and Nephew in law for dinner at my favorite restaurant: Saturday I'll be meeting up with my Sister and her Girlfriend for early dinner and after that it is enjoying the First Night celebrations until 9pm when the anchor drops... gotta love a town of old people who get things done early! Sunday we meet up at my Niece's house for a brunch of round shaped foods, writing down and burning the things we want to discard and second Christmas. Sunday afternoon I head home and again we have Monday off. So so looking forward to it, it is going to be the vacation I didn't have!

Last edited:
Merry day after Christmas to everyone!!!

Our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were absolutely wonderful, we got to see all our family on both sides-youngest to oldest and everyone in between ❤️

I ate everything and anything I wanted these past 2 days and often had 2nds and 3rds!!! Back to healthy eating, gallon of water, working out and some extra vitamins today!

Hello hello. Christmas eve and Christmas day were lovely. I did 99% of my food prep between the 23rd and 24th so all I had to do on Christmas for dinner was heat and eat. Made my life even easier by ordering the meat portion of the meal from a local market so I could focus on what I am actually good at....side dishes! I went to visit my mother on Christmas eve...it was difficult as she really doesn't recognize me anymore...she knows she knows me but not who I am. But I made the visit early in the day so I was able to relax after.

The colds are working their way out. DD still has a light cough but it's staying under control with just vapor rub. Completely messed up my nails opening toys will have to re-do them before I return to work on Thursday.

Tonight we are taking the kids to our local zoo to see their light display. The walk will be good and it is supposed to be dry with little wind so we won't be miserable.

Working on potty training with DD. She has started ripping off her pull up when wet so the light bulb seems to be turning on. Please send any remaining positive Christmas vibes our way as I really hope she'll be 75% trained by the time break ends.

We also need to replace our outdoor Charlie Brown Christmas decorations...snoopy and Charlie have been shoved full of replacement lights and Linus' head keeps coming off. So if anyone sees any online that aren't crazy expensive let me know!

We made it to Long Island, but DD and DH got really seasick. It's weird that I don't get seasick, but thrill rides at Disney are a no go for me.

We had a wonderful day with my family. The kids have gotten so big...no toys to assemble. We surprised them with indoor snowballs, and it was so fun. The day was over before we knew it. I have several family members with Covid, so I am very grateful that we all stayed healthy and were able to spend Christmas together.

We had some guest not being able to join us on Christmas due to covid. I too enjoyed two days of eating some treats and more indulgent food but happy to go back to eating healthier form today.

Goal for today - buying healthier food.

How is everyone coping with the cold storm in US?

Hello Happy Grape, happy to see you back! For my area (upper west coast) we're back to pretty mild temps but lots of rain and more than enough wind.

Feeling mentally rested this morning and ready to refocus and apply myself, during this short three day work week. A lot of things that have been consuming brain power are now past, opening up space for new things... after New Years it'll be time to really sink into the the long quiet days of winter.

I need to start channeling my Scandinavian roots and get out side despite the wet and wind:

1672157371841.png

I've certainly got enough coats to chose from, so no excuses. I also need to buy an new scale (my current one has died) and face the music for all the self-pity sugar and holiday food. I can feel at least +5 pounds back on my body and it does not feel good.

That is a great quote @Oneanne and @HappyGrape We are hanging in here. The bitter cold has passed so now it's just regular cold and dreary. May try to make some soup next weekend. Unfortunately I did not think ahead and packed Christmas leftovers in the containers I use to freeze soup...opps.

Feeling quite flabby at the moment....really need to work on getting some tone back. Last night's walk at the light show felt good and lots of up and down the steps trying to keep on top of laundry. Been making an effort at work to park a little further away from the door anytime it's above 20 when I get to the office. Below that and I park as close as possible!

TOPIC TUESDAY
ED60D605-727B-4352-9337-9CDDEA006B8A.jpeg
I went for a long walk this morning. I didn’t hear the calories screaming, but it did feel good to move my body after all of the indulgence.

I literally forgot what day it was until now. Sorry for dropping the ball and missing Motivation Monday. I didn’t even know it was Monday, and I was supposed to be hosting. Motivation? I have none. It will be back in 2023. Until then…Cheers!🥂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter