Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! I only know it’s Tuesday because it’s the only day this week DD doesn’t work LOL!

I did well yesterday and today with YouTube workouts and I did track my food but I keep picking at the pecan pie on the counter…ugh.

I got asked to cover a small dog shift at the shelter yesterday afternoon (the original volunteer got sick) which I was happy to do, lots of little cuties in there right now-LOTS of fluff balls LOL! I opened one kennel and this teeny tiny mop of a dog came barreling out and leaped into my arms like he had been missing me for years 🤣 he held onto me and hugged me-we had never even met before 😂 His kennel notes said he is adopted, which is great, just waiting to be neutered before going home.

DD and I did some returns today and she is at Hershey park with my nieces and nephews this evening-they have to be freezing I imagine they will be heading home soon.

@HappyGrape Happy to see you! We wore a lot of layers and ran in/out of the house-we also said “MY GOSH ITS COLD” 2,961 times 😂 temps are going back up though-37 today and 50 tomorrow!!!

Woowhoo DD is doing 4 word sentences on her augmented speech device! Could still really use all the positive thoughts and prayers you can spare for potty training success.

Woowhoo the temps for the rest of the week are trending above freezing during the day. A bit warmer than it generally is this time of heat but not too warm.

Woohoo... we seem to have all survived the wind storm last night. Somehow it knocked a pot off the front porch, which rolled down the front steps and is laying in the garden. Later in the morning I'll go out to take a look at it.

Woohoo... I did get out for a walk yesterday, I found a nice pocket of time between the wind/rain storms that were blowing thru. It felt really really good.

Woohoo... almost no one is around at work so it is super quiet. I'm going to spend the day reading system architecture documents and watching some videos for soft skill learnings.

Woohoo... I get my hair cut this afternoon. My gal has moved to a new place, more of a salon than the barber shop she was at, I'm hoping it will be a more relaxed pace.

Kind of woohoo... the new scale arrived this morning. Woohoo because I got the Aria this time which interfaces with my FitBit, not so woohoo I'm going to have to face the music of the poor eating choices over the past week.

Woowhoo DD is doing 4 word sentences on her augmented speech device! Could still really use all the positive thoughts and prayers you can spare for potty training success.

Woowhoo the temps for the rest of the week are trending above freezing during the day. A bit warmer than it generally is this time of heat but not too warm.
Potty training...ugh!

DD is 25, so obviously she is potty trained lol, but I honestly never thought we would get there. When she was 2, she successfully potty trained over the summer before beginning PreK-3. In August, she got a serious stomach bug and got sick in the toilet to the point that she refused to go near it after she was well. As an early childhood expert, it was very embarrassing to notify her new PreK teacher, a close friend of mine, that she was no longer toilet trained and would not be able to start PreK the following week. Being toilet trained was a requirement of the school. Her teacher told me to send her anyway and just give her one week. It only took one day. She wet her pants, and the other kids who used the bathroom was all the peer pressure she needed to never wet her pants again.

Whooo-hooo- it’s currently 50 degrees and sunny which is significantly warmer than forecasted!

Whoo-hoooo- I was so inspired by the weather I went into Walmart and did all my New Year’s Day food shopping after dropping DD off at work! Got almost everything just need to go Friday for 2 types of veggies and a dessert from Sams club

Whoooo-hooo- our new coffee maker is absolutely amazing and everyone in our house is enjoying it!! Fabulous gift from my parents-it has a full thermal pot AND a Keurig!! We have never had a keurig so being able to make one cup of coffee in the afternoon is so nice and DD can make a cup of her vanilla latte in the morning and she’s thrilled!

January Schedule:

1/2/23 - 1/8/23: Summer2018
1/9/23 - 1/15/23: Oneanne
1/16/23 - 1/22/23: PAsFab5
1/23/23 - 1/29/23:
1/30/23 - 2/5/23:

Please choose a week to host. Thanks, Summer

Last edited:
I got on the new scale this morning and I am ever so thankful that the number it showed me is only two pounds more than what I was at when I left for WDW... phew. Very surprised by this, maybe my overall calorie intake isn't as bad as I had thought even though the foods that made up those calories were not balanced or nutritious.

I am thankful that I've been able to get out for midday walks the past two days... now to start back up with the nightly yoga as well.

I am thankful to be able to go up to Port Townsend tomorrow and celebrate New Year's there. Went the first time in 2019, we all know what happened to 2020 and last year couldn't get up there due to the bad weather. It sounds like they have great plans laid out.

I got on the new scale this morning and I am ever so thankful that the number it showed me is only two pounds more than what I was at when I left for WDW... phew. Very surprised by this, maybe my overall calorie intake isn't as bad as I had thought even though the foods that made up those calories were not balanced or nutritious.

I am thankful that I've been able to get out for midday walks the past two days... now to start back up with the nightly yoga as well.

I am thankful to be able to go up to Port Townsend tomorrow and celebrate New Year's there. Went the first time in 2019, we all know what happened to 2020 and last year couldn't get up there due to the bad weather. It sounds like they have great plans laid out.
Good for you!party:You should be very proud.

I'm afraid to step on the scale...I've been a very naughty girl! I'm just enjoying myself right now and will deal with the consequences in the new year.

I forgot a thankful... yesterday I got a text from AT&T saying "did you forget HBO MAX comes free with your service, we don't see that you've ever signed in to it." Ha ha, I didn't forget, I never knew. But the timing was perfect as I've watched everything I care to on my other premium channels. First up for binge watching... The Gilded Age.

Thankful today for many things, not the “normal” things that’s for sure!

My day started with me opening the front curtains to discover that our living room window was shot and shattered overnight by a BB! Not what I was expecting!

Thankful for homeowners insurance who was kind and took my claim immediately. They said I had to call the police, so I did.

Thankful for law enforcement, who showed up pretty quickly for a non emergency call. They provided a incident number immediately and I was able to provide that to our homeowners insurance.

Thankful for our claims adjuster who already got the check in the mail to us! Unfortunately we will have to pay out of pocket for the window next to the one that was vandalized (so they match) and this certainly was not a expense we were anticipating but it’s the best outcome of a bad situation.

Another home a street over was hit as well so I am hopeful they have a easy time with repairs. Not sure if anyone else called in throughout the day to report damage but I am sure the officer will update me when he calls back.

We didn’t catch anything on our Rings and neither did the neighbors beside us-hoping the other home got a video of some sort!

What a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter