Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I am not going to volunteer for hosting a week as I am back to college and doing a weight loss course/program one day a week and with full time job and kid I just don't want to let you all down as I have done in the past.

I am grateful that my son is settled in the new school after being bullied for few years. He is thriving. I am thankful we got a dog - gorgeous golden retriever girl we called Lily and she is just fantastic, we are all mad about her. I am grateful that I feel so much healthier then year ago.

January Schedule:

1/2/23 - 1/8/23: Summer2018
1/9/23 - 1/15/23: Oneanne
1/16/23 - 1/22/23: PAsFab5
1/23/23 - 1/29/23: PollyannaMom
1/30/23 - 2/5/23: ShannyMcB

Thank you to all who have signed up so far...

Last edited:
I can take the week of the 30th...I will not be able to do any additional weeks in Feb due to work commitments.

Thankful to have found a cough suppressant that all my kids are willing to take.

We are supposed to go to a new year's function tomorrow but DS7 has a bit of a cough so it may be a divide and conquer situation.

Made two batches of freezer friendly soup over the last few days...chicken bacon chowder and stuffer pepper soup. So that will take care of lunches at work for a bit. Trying to get a jump on the new year resolutions.

Anyone else see people magazine is changing their approach to their new year weight loss series? I think it's a positive change https://people.com/health/peoples-e...on-going-beyond-the-scale-to-meaningful-wins/

Sitting at the ferry dock waiting for the boat. I had thought about taking the long scenic route around Hood Canal but it is so grey and wet this morning I’m not sure how much of a treat that would be… yet it calls to me. Guess I’ll decide when I’m on the other side.

Christmas is down. It was a sad shock to the system, even tho I did it. I’m sure I’ll be glad if it when I get home tho.

Thinking about plans and goals for the New Year. First up is to do more clearing out, finishing up in the basement then going thru the upstairs closets… again. I just have to stop bringing new stuff into the house. Another goal for 2023.

Happy New Year everyone! Here’s to making it a happy, healthful year for us all. And thanks to all of you for being such an important part of my healthy living journey!

We're back from WDW! I'd love to say it was our best trip ever, but it wasn't. It wasn't a horrible trip, we had tons of fun, but DH caught a cold and he's a typical man about illness. I did get him to do rope drop every morning so we rode everything we wanted to. In the afternoons we were back in our room for nap time until fireworks or whatever was happening in our park of the day. He was a trooper. The weather was a bit colder than we'd anticipated but for the most part warmer than home so that's a win--and we missed an ice storm!

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was a total blast. It was so fun to have my brother come with us and we loved having our kiddos there. It was great--and it snows on Main Street!!!! I'm so happy to have been there for that. It also snowed at Hollywood Studios during a little streetmosphere mini parade. It was wonderful and the decorations are so great.

We did the Christmas Tree Stroll at Disney Springs. Boy has that place grown since the last time we were there! It took us three visits to find all the trees!

Eating was not fantastic--I think there was at least one day when no fruit or vegetable passed my lips. We'll see what the scale has to say tomorrow. Don't think my clothes are any tighter so that's a win.

Glad to be back here with you all!

Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip in spite of your DH being ill. It truly is a wonderful way to spend Christmas. Our Christmas/New Years trip to WDW in 2008/09 was one of our most memorable holidays and was while DD still believed in Santa. The decorations were spectacular...it couldn't have been more magical.

My Tempurpedic mattress miraculously lasted 20 years which is unheard of. Anyway, lately I've been getting backaches in bed which means it is time for a new mattress. I decided to get an entirely new bed, bedding, and wall art to spruce up my bedroom. I don't typically spend money on my bedroom, and it's beyond time for a refresh.

The past couple of days, everything has been arriving...my gorgeous blue, turquoise, lime green and pink Lilly Pulitzer quilt, Tempurpedic mattress topper, headboard, bed frame, ocean paintings...the mattress is due to arrive on Monday. I'm so excited!!!

Historically I don’t do anything for New Years, which is why discovering Port Townsend’s First Night celebration back in 2019 was so exciting.

I did do the long drive and it was wet 2/3 of the way, then miraculously the clouds cleared and it turned in to a beautiful winter day.

I’ve just had dinner with my Niece and her husband and when I told them about the house down the street from them that is for rent, they were like why aren’t you doing something about it? So I’ve requested a viewing! Jan 1 came up as an option so fingers crossed she’ll get back to me and be able to do it. It is going to mean a lot of work done very quickly to get myself dug out of the current house. OMG… so much to think about. I’m going to trust that if it is meant to be it will happen. And if it is just meant to be the kick in the pants I need to finish clearing out and getting ready, that is also a good thing. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

@Summer2018 ok how do I know when the back pain is mattress caused vs just worse in the morning?

New years varies for us but three years stand out for very different reasons.

1999 (oh the panic of y2k) I was in high-school. My parents were having a party and 2 of my friends came over. We played some games and started getting bored as the night went on. My newly licensed cousin came over and got bored as well. He volunteered to take us somewhere so we piled into his car and off we went to First Night Providence. As we didn't have admission to any of the happenings we went to waterfire and shivered until it was time for the countdown. When the world didn't end (haha) the fireworks went off by the statehouse. It was all very random but a great start to the new year.

2009 (or maybe 2010? Pre-kids but after getting married) my cousins and I decided we wanted to spend the new year together. Most of us bought tickets to an area hotel for an event which included dinner, a champagne toast, a room for the night and breakfast the next morning. All our parents were THRILLED as we'd all be together and no one would be driving. It was a night of dancing, drinking and general silliness for all of us...one of the last before we all had kids and got "real jobs." We still laugh about the happenings of that night.

2019...oh if we only knew. DD had a stomach thing she passed on to me. It hit around 1130 at night. I did not spend the countdown by the TV. I think I should have known it was not going to be a good year.

We're back from WDW! I'd love to say it was our best trip ever, but it wasn't. It wasn't a horrible trip, we had tons of fun, but DH caught a cold and he's a typical man about illness. I did get him to do rope drop every morning so we rode everything we wanted to. In the afternoons we were back in our room for nap time until fireworks or whatever was happening in our park of the day. He was a trooper. The weather was a bit colder than we'd anticipated but for the most part warmer than home so that's a win--and we missed an ice storm!

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was a total blast. It was so fun to have my brother come with us and we loved having our kiddos there. It was great--and it snows on Main Street!!!! I'm so happy to have been there for that. It also snowed at Hollywood Studios during a little streetmosphere mini parade. It was wonderful and the decorations are so great.

We did the Christmas Tree Stroll at Disney Springs. Boy has that place grown since the last time we were there! It took us three visits to find all the trees!

Eating was not fantastic--I think there was at least one day when no fruit or vegetable passed my lips. We'll see what the scale has to say tomorrow. Don't think my clothes are any tighter so that's a win.

Glad to be back here with you all!
Welcome back! Glad you guys had a good trip I loved hearing about everything you did!

@Summer2018 ok how do I know when the back pain is mattress caused vs just worse in the morning?

New years varies for us but three years stand out for very different reasons.

1999 (oh the panic of y2k) I was in high-school. My parents were having a party and 2 of my friends came over. We played some games and started getting bored as the night went on. My newly licensed cousin came over and got bored as well. He volunteered to take us somewhere so we piled into his car and off we went to First Night Providence. As we didn't have admission to any of the happenings we went to waterfire and shivered until it was time for the countdown. When the world didn't end (haha) the fireworks went off by the statehouse. It was all very random but a great start to the new year.

2009 (or maybe 2010? Pre-kids but after getting married) my cousins and I decided we wanted to spend the new year together. Most of us bought tickets to an area hotel for an event which included dinner, a champagne toast, a room for the night and breakfast the next morning. All our parents were THRILLED as we'd all be together and no one would be driving. It was a night of dancing, drinking and general silliness for all of us...one of the last before we all had kids and got "real jobs." We still laugh about the happenings of that night.

2019...oh if we only knew. DD had a stomach thing she passed on to me. It hit around 1130 at night. I did not spend the countdown by the TV. I think I should have known it was not going to be a good year.
Parts of my 20 year old Tempurpedic were still firm and that’s how the entire mattress used to feel. The discomfort was only after lying on the mattress. Not anywhere else.

Happy New Years Eve!

We don’t have any special traditions but my kids do! My sister in law has hosted a kids New Year’s Eve for as long as I can remember and they do something fun in the afternoon (bowling, trampoline park) then go back for a special dinner and snacks and watch the ball drop. DSs obviously don’t go anymore since they are adults but DD still goes and can’t wait for tonight!

I host New Year’s Day so typically DH and I just go out for dinner early in the evening since we host so many the following day. Tomorrow we are having 16 folks over to celebrate New Year’s Day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter