Wish I stayed Longer RPR

sbrownell

Earning My Ears
Hi! Not sure where to post this all since we spent 10 days 2 at the RPR 4 at Disney BC and 3 days on the Wonder. So I guess I'll cut this up by each section.

First of all, thanks to everyone for all the info. We left 10/18 out of San Diego at the ungodly hour of 6:40 - flew thru LA and arrived in Orland around 5pm. We were traveling with a party of 10 and rented a van from Specialty Vans. They were great.

Driving at 5-6pm towards US was a joke. Bumper to bumper traffic. Arrived at the RPR and was extremely please with the service, accomodations and the personel there. They were polite, the rooms were clean and as big (if not bigger) than the deluxe resorts at Disney. We had a $139 rate AA, and also received our Loews First gift of fruit on the second day. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel Jakes. Good food - really like it

If I ever come back I will stay at US and visit Disney. The front of the line priveldges really spoil you. We made the mistake of doing US first thing in the am and then we were going to finish up (upgrade our passes) with the IOA. However, we were'nt aware that IOA closed at 5pm to get ready for the Horror night, big mistake. We were done with US by 1:30 using the express passes. Oh well, we just went back to the pool and rested. A few of us went to Citiwalk for dining and a bit of the world series. Citiwalk after 9pm reminds me of Burbon Street. What a cool place (we did have children with us so it was short lived). We ate at Margaritaville. Food was awesome.

We only had one day at the parks before we headed off on Sunday to Disney's beach club. (i'll post that part on the Disney trip report side).

Any questions, please feel free to write.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at universal. I have not yet read your report on the disney board, but I am curious to know how you would compare the two hotels. Which did you prefer and why?

Thanks for posting!

I enjoyed RPR much better than the Disney BC. It's newer, nicer, you have coffee machine in room, the hotel is better located to the parks & city walk and its just a more grand hotel. BC was okay. Our rooms smelled like bleach (really bad) when we checked in. Almost like someone had thrown up. The rooms at the BC were showing there age, and RP was brand new.

Also, using the express pass priviledges can't be compared to early entry at Disney. If I went again. I would stay at a Universal Hotel, visit both parks and then see Disney at my leisure. We live in Southern California, and the parks here have just about every ride that is in all 4 Disney theme parks. Not sure when we will be back if ever, but just my two cents.

Were US parks crowded this time of year? I wanted to go for one day next year on 10/30/03 and am debating on whether to stay onsite to take advantage of the FOTL privilege. It will really depend on how manageable the crowds are.

Thanks

I would definitely stay on site. After being able to use the FOTL priviledges I wouldn't go without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter