"Wish" to join~~~

Eeyore2003

DIS Veteran
My first post here at "The Dis" since 2001. I was "wondering around" and fell in here. I have lost 50# and kept it off for about 5 years now, but have quite a ways to go and have not been able to "get it together" since then.

Changes in my life just make me want to get this off once and for all, I'm truly sick of it. My "baby" is graduating in 4 weeks, I've been a SAHM for 25 years and now have to go out and "face the world" and find something to do.

I also am planning a belated 25th wedding anniversary trip to Disney the first week in December this year at the Polynesian.
Not too romantic at this weight and I would just love to look great.

SOOOOOOOOOO maybe this will give me a little extra incentive. I don't really do well on "diets for the masses". I am an RN and have come up with a healthy eating plan that works for me, if I'd just follow it. I also exercise on my stationary bike, but not as reliably as I should.

My incentive for the last couple months now has been my trip to Disney in December, but I just haven't been able to "get it together" for a length of time to show any improvement. I'm definitely a Disney Nut and maybe a little Disney "Wishing" will get me going. :rolleyes:

Welcome to WISH! Tell me a little bit more about you eating plan! Jump right in and share what you have to offer and grab up all the support that is here ---- open your arms wide because there is ALOT of support to grab!
:D

Well, my personal belief, is that people follow an eating plan "for life" if they enjoy what they eat, so that's how I plan my meals and snacks. I need to look forward to each meal and enjoy eating it to feel satisfied. SOOOOOOOO my little plan is geared toward my likes and dislikes and I really don't know if it will work for others. It's about 1200 to 1300 calories. I have to add that this thing "evolves constantly" depending on how I'm doing, the seasons, what I get sick of etc. But I try to keep the calories the same. Another good snack, especially in the afternoon is a slice of cheese with a fruit. Sometimes keeps me less hungry. This is it, gets a little long, but like I said, it's been a long time in the working and it's made for my likes and dislikes, and how I cook.
I also try to exercise on my bike 200 to 400 calories off, which brings the total for the day to about 900 to 1000. I guess my belief is that losing weight is really and equation: Calories "inhaled" vs. Calories expended. I know many might disagree, but that's just my feeling.

Breakfast:
1 slice homemade bread with thin spread of jam and Brown and Brummel marg.
sometimes I get "stricter feeling" and have one slice of regular or two low cal breads
Coffee with cream

Snack: 1 mug of one of these (not sure what I'll do for summer now)
Homemade cappaccino
Homemade hot chocolate with a few marshmallows
Raspberry Cappaccino
Chai Tea, spice or vanilla flavored
Homemade Russian Tea
when I'm out and about, I treat myself to a Small Latte with skim milk

Lunch:
2 slices low cal bread
1 slice turkey meat, any flavor
lettuce and a little low fat mayo, (not fat free, hate that stuff)
1 fruit
1 cup (measured) skim milk with 1 teaspoon Nestle's Quick

Snack:same as AM, 1 of the choices

Dinner:4 to 5 ounces meat, any kind, best grilled or baked, but sometimes I treat myself to something breaded or "saucy"
1 cup green veggies
1/2 cup bread type veggies
If I make a casserole, I make ones that have calories listed and stick to about 350 calories for the meal. I have found some really delicous low cal ones with good sized portions too. Just gotta look.

Dessert:
1 cup (measured) fruit salad
I make a salad of all kind of fresh and canned fruits, even a few Craisins, then I sprinkle over this sugar free pudding and mix it up good
OR
1/2 cup low fat ice cream
Coffee with cream

On Tuesday, it's my hubby's afternoon off and we go out to lunch: I have a cup of soup and a piece of pie at my favorite little cafe in town
OR
small Oriental Salad at Applebees (we live in a pitifully small town)
(I don't have my afternoon snack these days)

Saturday AM: I weigh in at my hubby's clinic, then I get a frosted donut of choice from Dunkin Donuts

Sometimes we get supper out that night and I get a low fat sub and my choice of chips from Subway

Snacks on Saturdays are "iffy".

Sunday AM: I have 2 eggs and either one piece of homemade bread or 2 slices regular bread,
Coffee and cream

Most fast foods I get a childrens meal of choice
Sit down restaurant: soup and or salad depending upon if it's lunch or supper.
:)

to our family :)

There are a bunch of WISHers in the World in December and we are planning a meet,

December WISHCON

PM me with your dates and I'll add you to our list!

Glad to have you on board and good luck with your new lifestyle!

It sounds like you have a terrific plan that is working for you and your lifestyle! That's what I like best about WISH --- we have almost as many plans as we have WISHers!;)

HERE you will find instructions on adding the WISH clipart to your signature. Everyone starts the challenge with the plain 'WISH' clippie and then earns 'loss clippies' in 5 pound increments for the weight loss DURING their participation in the challenge. I lost quite a bit before joining the challenge so I chose to add the 'total loss' amount in my signature under my clippie. Feel free to do the same!

HERE you will find the 'WISH family photo album. We use this place to post pictures and a little bio about ourselves. We'd love to hear more about you too!

Nativetxn [Kath] likes when new WISHers sign in HERE . It helps for her to get all of our WISHers compiled together on her 'official' list. If you'd rather not be included in that list ---- just let her know.

(I bet you never though becoming a WISHer would be this hard!;) )Now that I gave you so much more to do you will have a little bit less time to worry about eating 'bad' food! Be careful though --- as time spent WISHing this weight away with your new friends will become addicting!:D

I do not post here....but I lurk and read the thoughts of others.....having to lower my cholesterol has been an issue for me and giving up some of those SNACKS hsa helped me to lose 5 lbs....now a retest of the blood and we shall see.....thanks everyone and again welcome eeyore2003........you have been missed!!

Welcome to the WISH board!! Glad to have you here! You will find lots of supportive and friendly people who offer wonderful advice!! :):)

Hi Eeyore2003. Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I’m so glad that you found us and are going to be joining our happy support group, here.

You sound like you have a handle on the eating plan you wish to follow and are determined to reach your goal. What a great incentive a December anniversary trip to WDW must be.

We have all kinds of plans represented here. Many of us control our carbohydrate intake, many others follow the WW point system and then there are several WISHers who count their calories just like you.

Whatever program you choose to follow, the one thing you can count on is our support group which is composed of people following all kinds of different nutritional plans yet have the same final goal–losing weight and getting smaller.

I’m really glad that you are going to be part of my support group now. WISH has helped me stay focused, motivated and determined. It has been a great help for me and I have no doubts that it will be helpful for you too.

I see our own Wovenwonder has provided you with the links for your clipart and the challenge. I hope you will post to the challenge thread, it helps me not leave anyone off the club roster.

I do not doubt that you will successfully reach any goal you set for yourself. You can do this and we are going to help you. All we ask is that you help us too.

Welcome to WISH, I think you’re going to like it here.

<b>Hey, Pumba! It's great to see you here too, glad you stopped by!</b>

Katholyn

WELCOME!!!

Woo-hoo! The Polynesian is my FAVORITE Disney resort! Don't worry, we'll keep you on track and motivated. You just show up here every day, read all the posts, create your own post if you want to ask a question or celebrate, and grab your clippie!

CONGRATULATIONS! Losing 50 pounds is NO easy task, and you already did it! You can lose the rest too! Just stay focused - there is NOTHING you can't do!

Hope to see you around often!!!!! Start counting down to your magical trip. You will be strutting your slim stuff on the beach of the Polynesian before you know it! :)

Welcome to WISH Eeyore2003.

Sounds like you have a plan that is working for you. Congratulations on the weight you have lost.

Sending you some Disney ~~~~~PD~~~~~~your way to help you get motivated and stay on track.

Good luck in your search to "face the world".

Have a great time at WDW in December. I have plans to go that week also. There is a bunch of WISH people going.

Eeyore2003, just had to welcome you to WISH because it is the "Minnesota Nice" thing to do...yes, I am from MN too! So, you have already lost 50 lbs! That is so great! I think you will find lots of support and motivation here, but also I am thinking you can teach us all a trick or two. I am so happy to have you as our newest WISH member!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter