Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

Why are there 2 options now in MDE - wishes desert party & the tommorowland terrace fireworks desert party?

Why are there 2 options now in MDE - wishes desert party & the tommorowland terrace fireworks desert party?
The Tomorrowland Terrace fireworks dessert party is the original party that has been going on for years. THAT party discontinues on July 5th. From then on, the Wishes Dessert Party replaces it. This new party is still in the same location, but has added dessert offerings and is double the price!!!

Thanks! We have it booked for 5/24 and I kinda panicked when I saw both options ...

Yep....but it will still be sold out every night.

Bingo!!!! And that is exactly why everything at Disney is getting astronomically priced. As long as there is demand prices will keep going up. :sad2: And there will always be demand. We are booking it for October, but only because we have never done it before and it is our first trip just the two of us. No way would I pay that price on a regular basis.

This will be my first time to Disney-world, and we are going May 16th-May 21st! Anyways, despite ridiculous amounts of time playing on disney planning tip sites and touring guides, etc..., I only just discovered the dessert party about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have become absolutely obsessed with getting a reservation, stalking the website, and randomly checking the site when I get up in the night to use the bathroom. I know, I've got it bad. Haha. But.....I'm starting to become disheartened, as I've had absolutely no luck.

I need everyone's honest opinion, seeing as how our trip is in a little over 3 weeks away... do I need to just give up on getting this reservation?

How fun! We will be there almost the same exact dates! :flower1:

I have read on a few tip pages (for getting this reservation), that checking the disney site the night or two before the event can sometimes get you a reservation because people start finalizing their plans and finally start canceling the reservations they aren't going to use to avoid the no show costs. I've also read that it is worth it to walk up and ask if they have availability right before the event as it has worked for some folks. But....Perhaps the dessert party is a hopeless dream for us. :sad:

I have been on some boards to try and join a group for one of the firework cruises for wishes instead. I'll let you know if I find any for any of the days we will be there. pixiedust:

Well the cancellation policy of the dessert party is 5 days. We have a wishes cruise booked for our arrival day but I'm thinking of canceling it. I feel like the any reservations before July 5 for the dessert party is going to extremely difficult to get since people are going to want to go before the price increase.

Aww... I would totally love to have that cruise, but alas, we do not arrive until the next day. I have terrible luck. Haha. I still have a smidgen of hope we might both luck out and snag some reservations. Fingers crossed!

This will be my first time to Disney-world, and we are going May 16th-May 21st! Anyways, despite ridiculous amounts of time playing on disney planning tip sites and touring guides, etc..., I only just discovered the dessert party about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have become absolutely obsessed with getting a reservation, stalking the website, and randomly checking the site when I get up in the night to use the bathroom. I know, I've got it bad. Haha. But.....I'm starting to become disheartened, as I've had absolutely no luck.

I need everyone's honest opinion, seeing as how our trip is in a little over 3 weeks away... do I need to just give up on getting this reservation?

You might want to consider the "Pirates and Pals" cruise! It's fabulous many like it much better than the Dessert Party!

You might want to consider the "Pirates and Pals" cruise! It's fabulous many like it much better than the Dessert Party!

That's an excellent suggestion, thank-you. How do you think my chances would be so close to the trip? I can only call for this reservation I think... I could just try calling every day?

Woke up at 5am on my holiday day off of work to see if I could get reservations on December 30 for the New Year's Eve preview fireworks. I kept refreshing the page and that day would't show up as available to search. Then when I went to January, the whole week was available. Figured out Dec 30 and 31 are not coming up. Guess they don't have the Fireworks Party that night? Or it's reserved for "important" people. Oh well...

They normally have 2 Firework Shows those nights and it is not unusual for the dates to be released later. I would call everyday in addition to checking online.
Be prepared the cost for those nights in the past have cost more than what is the norm.

Thanks, sjs314. I will keep trying, just in case! I see they have Dec 24 an 25 blocked, as well as Dec 30 and 31.
Won't hurt to keep checking, but I will have an alternate viewing place picked out just in case. And we will try for Fast Passes to the preferred viewing area that night too!

I've been obsessing over this Wishes Dessert Party for our Thanksgiving trip and thanks to this thread, I looked into the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. We're booked for the last night of our trip! So glad I found this! I'd heard of it before but never thought about it. I'd been sad when I found out there was no MVMCP during our trip but this has made it all better :D
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter