Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day! ;)

Waiting over here too!!! Love reading all of the August folks posts...esp Stacymarie. At least we can laugh at this!!! Now hopefully they'll open August soon!!!!

This will be our first time doing the dessert party? Have any of you done it before? It looks awesome and I can't wait for them to open up the reservations already!

I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day! ;)

Do tell, where was your table located popcorn::

I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view! :thumbsup2

Well I booked a couple of weeks before the party and I was way in the back. :lmao: Theory proven again!

I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view! :thumbsup2

I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."

I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."

There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!

There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!

that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.

that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.

We went to the railing. Honestly, we could barely see from our table. The view was very limited. I don't think we could see all of the castle. We were basically in the very back and there is the hanging ceiling. A CM told us we could go up once the fireworks started and there was a lot of room as someone else said. The tables were many feet away form The front. It's not like we were elbow to elbow with the people at the front table. No one seemed to have an issue with us and we were careful not to block anyone else.

We booked do late bc we booked the trip on a whim. Just about 2-3 weeks before we left.

We just went to the dessert party a few days ago. :banana: It was amazing. And, not to get everyone's hopes up, but we didn't have a reservation. We just happened to walk up at 9pm and ask if they had any cancelations or room for our party of 6. I was fully expecting her to say no because I had checked online for months before, but she said "Sure!" and let us right in. :lovestruc It was AWESOME. We loved it.
I did want to say to the above quote, that when checking in...she actually told us to leave the table and stand by the railing to watch the fireworks. Now I don't know if that was because we had for little kids with us, or if it was because our table was in the back, or if they say it to everyone. But she did say that and we did stand up there. Honestly, I thought everyone was standing up there?! :confused3 We stood and watched the parade before too. Anyway, just thought I would let you know that. And I didn't hear anyone complain that they couldn't see. I had so much fun there and I hope to do it again soon. Good luck getting your reservations everyone!!! :)

that's good to know!! Honestly, the other post scared me because I just thought how much fun would that be if I had people with their butts hanging in my table LOL.

I have a confession....so sorry for all those waiting for August to open up...but I'm a bit worried for it to open...I don't think I'm ready. I'm waiting for September, and it's been nice, kinda lurking, seeing everyone get excited and the anticipation builds towards the end of the month, but soon, after August opens up, THAT WILL BE ME!! I'm not ready for that kinda of pressure!!:scared: I know I will be checking day in and day out, worried I might miss my chance!! It will make me LOOPY!! :tongue:

Well, it's sure to happen soon enough...Good luck to those waiting for August, here's some pixie dust your way ;) pixiedust:

Thanks for your reply :goodvibes

Well I booked a couple of weeks before the party and I was way in the back. :lmao: Theory proven again!

Thanks for the verification :thumbsup2 Another good reason to keep watch over "opening day" for ADRs

that's good to know!! Honestly, the other post scared me because I just thought how much fun would that be if I had people with their butts hanging in my table LOL.

:rotfl: ohmygosh your post made me laugh :lmao: I think I read the other post you're talking about & the lady who was at the rail posted a picture of their table, they were actually behind a pillar in the back so there was no way they could have seen anything from their table. The person who told her to move did not have a table against the rail but wanted to stay seated & was telling others they were not allowed to stand at the rail - even tho the CM had told guests otherwise. That was, I think, where the conflict arose.

What I got out of that thread was unless you lucky enought to get a table that right up against the rail, that most likely you will find you'll need to stand at the rail to see the fireworks. All the more reason to book as soon as possible and "wish" for a table positioned up against the rail :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter