Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for 9:00 and was then offered 9:15 as an option--which I took!:cool1:

So happy it opened. It was a fun and suspense filled wait though!!

Could the time just be a way to avoid a back log of people lined up? It was my understanding that it all starts at the same time...
no?

I too put in anytime and was offered 9:00. Does anyone know if the time you are offered has any relation to how many people have booked in front of you? In other words, do they fill up the 9:00 slots first, then the 9:10 slots, etc.?

I too put in anytime and was offered 9:00. Does anyone know if the time you are offered has any relation to how many people have booked in front of you? In other words, do they fill up the 9:00 slots first, then the 9:10 slots, etc.?

Well, I had to have been one of the first to book- I was the first to post that Aug. was open on this thread, and I got 8:10 (the equiv. of 9:10 but Wishes is 9:00 that night). So I don't think it was based on when I called. I asked for anytime, though.

I too got 910 but selected anytime. I hadn't realised they staggered the entry and that first booked get better seats !!! do 910 bookings get poorer seats then?

I got an email straight away.

I think everyone who used the "anytime" option yesterday got 9:10 as their time.

I asked for 9:00 and was then offered 9:15 as an option--which I took!:cool1:

So happy it opened. It was a fun and suspense filled wait though!!

I clicked ANYTIME and was given a choice of 9:00 or 9:15. I took the 9:00. Kona for breakfast, Dessert party for supper. Hmmm. THIS is the way to end a short trip. :goodvibes

When we went last year, it wasn't done on a 'first-come/better seat' basis, it was assigned seating and it was done on a 'first-reservation made/better seat' basis. I only know this because we were in the first row and I asked how we lucked out with that ( I thought it was because we had 3 in our party). The cm expalined that the first ones to reserve get the front row and so on.

That's good to know that there was a CM confirmation of what we've been assuming all along (not that you can always believe everything they tell you ;) ) We are going to be at the DP in a week and a half :-)goodvibes ,) so I will see where we're seated since we booked just a few hours after June booking opened :thumbsup2

Did anyone else NOT receive a confirmation email from Disney for their reservation? I can see the reservation listed on the Disney site with my other reservations but unlike those reservations I did not receive a confirmation email this time.
Pat

I have the same thing! It's making me a little nervous. I have a confirmation number and it is listed with my reservations, but I never got an email...I booked for the 31st fyi

I too got 910 but selected anytime. I hadn't realised they staggered the entry and that first booked get better seats !!! do 910 bookings get poorer seats then?

I got an email straight away.

I think the time is just so that everyone doesn't show up at once. Honestly, they never asked us what our reservation was for. The nametags were already on the tables when they let us in. They just directed us to a table that already had our name on it.

I hadn't even noticed the time LOL. I went back and looked at the ressie and it says 8:00.
Pat

YAY!!!! We booked our dessert party for Saturday August 25th, 2012 at 9:10pm. It was so worth the wait. :banana: This will be our first time, hope it is good. I hope everyone else gets the time they want. :dance3::yay:

Booked it for our first night (8/25)! :cool1:

One thing I thought was odd though: When I called earlier I was told that it was $29.81 a person (for a total of $89.43), but when I went online it was only $25.55 a person (for a total of $76.65).:confused3 Needless to say, I booked it online.

I had to cancel my reservation for the dessert party back in early January (it was too freaking cold out!), so this will be my first time experiencing it. I cannot wait. I think it will be the perfect way to start off our trip.

So, I booked our August 25th reservation for 7 yesterday within 10 minutes of the August window opening. I picked the time option for "anytime" instead of picking a specific time. I was given 9:10. I thought that was a funny time because I knew there was no way they sold enough spots already to bump my check in time from 9 to 9:10. Well, out of curiosity this morning, 24 hours later, I signed in and tried to see if I could get a reservation for 9:00 for our group of 7. Sure enough, 9 o'clock was available. I wonder why if I made our reservation 24 hours ago I was given the 9:10 slot when I picked the "anytime" option instead of being given the 9:00 time slot. I kept our 9:10 reservation because of the first come/better seat rumor. I'm hoping that you're all right, that the earlier you book the better seats you get. Fingers are crossed that this is the case!

Okay Aug 25th people count me in too! I tried to book online (it was showing 9:10) but the system kept kicking me out so I phoned and got 9:00. Trying to keep it a secret from the family but the past two hours have been killing me I don't know how I'm going to last 2 months!!!

Can anybody who has been before confirm with ABSOLUTE certainty that the tables are pre-assigned. I really don't want to get in line an hour before our check in time. I'm wondering if we just show up at 9 with a 9:10 check in time that we will still have our pre-assigned table. Can somebody confirm that it's definitely not that you get a table depending on where you are in line.

Can anybody who has been before confirm with ABSOLUTE certainty that the tables are pre-assigned. I really don't want to get in line an hour before our check in time. I'm wondering if we just show up at 9 with a 9:10 check in time that we will still have our pre-assigned table. Can somebody confirm that it's definitely not that you get a table depending on where you are in line.

I have been 4 times .... the last time being Jan 2012 ... and everytime the tables have been pre-assigned. There's a card with your name on it on the table. Enjoy! :goodvibes

I have been 4 times .... the last time being Jan 2012 ... and everytime the tables have been pre-assigned. There's a card with your name on it on the table. Enjoy! :goodvibes

I sure hope that is the case this year too. I made our reservation for 8/10 on the first day reservations opened (around 5 p.m.). I was curious to see how full the event is for that night because I'd like to know what our chances are of getting a good table. In the event description on the Disney Dining website, it says "Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests." The reservation program lets you search for a reservation for up to 50 people. I played with our date a little and found that there was still availability for up to 36 people. That meansthat, 2 days after booking opened, only 14 people (our group of 4 plus 10 others) have booked our same night (August 10). Pretty good odds for getting a good table, I'd think. :cool1:

Ok, call me obsessed :confused3- but I'm sure others here on this board will appreciate my obsession

I sure hope that is the case this year too. I made our reservation for 8/10 on the first day reservations opened (around 5 p.m.). I was curious to see how full the event is for that night because I'd like to know what our chances are of getting a good table. In the event description on the Disney Dining website, it says "Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests." The reservation program lets you search for a reservation for up to 50 people. I played with our date a little and found that there was still availability for up to 36 people. That meansthat, 2 days after booking opened, only 14 people (our group of 4 plus 10 others) have booked our same night (August 10). Pretty good odds for getting a good table, I'd think. :cool1:

Ok, call me obsessed :confused3- but I'm sure others here on this board will appreciate my obsession

I DEFINITELY appreciate your obsession, lol! Same for our date, still room for 36. Strange. I didn't even think to check that, lol! I booked within 20 minutes of the window opening so here's hoping for a great table for my DD SWEET (literally sweet, lol) 16th birthday surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter