• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes from GF?

ironz

DIS Veteran
Not sure of our itinerary for the trip in May for the triathlon, but we are going to have our post-race feast at 1900 Park Fare. In case we don't make it to MK for Wishes, is the view decent at all from the boat dock at GF?
Thanks!

I have a friend who watched Wishes from the GF beach 2 weeks ago. The view was good, but the music and story isn't piped in.

Bobbi:D

I've heard that if you're actually standing on the boat dock, that the music is piped in there. Haven't tried it for myself though. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

We were down in Disney for Christmas and New Years this past year. On our last night we were at the GF and it was getting close to the time for Wishes. We watched the show from the boat dock. The view was great but they did not pipe in the music and naration. Every once in a while you could catch a few words or a few lines of music but not the whole thing. We had seen Wishes a few times already and really missed the naration and music. It really adds to the show.

Thanks! Just curious...
It's really on my must-see list to do at MK anyway, but I wanted a backup plan.

Hey there,

A pre-race feast at 1900 Park Fare. YUM!

I've also read you can hear the Wishes music from the boat dock at GF. IMO, Wishes isn't the same without the music. The music makes Wishes what it is. It's a story and fireworks.

They also pipe the music into 'Ohana's. I would definately try to see it somewhere where you can also hear the music.

Now for a silly question-what time do you usually eat after a race? I made a PS but I'm just not sure how long DH will want to rest, etc. after the tri. Yes, I plan too much and worry too much. :p

Actually the 1900 Park Fare dinner is for that Sunday night...I think the PS is for 6:30 or 7 pm? One of my training buddies made it. She's a Disney person, too...yay!...just last week we were talking about how we would just love to work there and be there all the time.

I saw Wishes from the "hub" in MK when I was there in March...it is so awesome! Definitely want to make sure my friends see it, and it looks like we're doing MK on Monday. Kathy is not sure she'll be up to walking around, but it's WDW!! and that might be her only day in the parks. :( I told her that hobbling is ok...you should see the folks the day after the marathon.

It's hard to know what time to eat after the race...
I figure with a 7am start...I'm looking at a good 6.5 hours race time (and that would be a PR). Will be starving right after the race, so will re-fuel then...and a shower and nap...and then off to a good dinner for more good food! You know us trigeeks...we eat constantly!

I had a good 2.25 hour bike ride today...conquered one of the local hills that will be good training for St. Croix. Thank goodness the WDW course is generally flat! :sunny:

Thanks for the info.

I figured 6:30 or 7:30 for a PS the day of the race. I'm sure DH will also want to rest for a while. He already warned me it will just be the kids and myself if he doesn't feel well (if he has a repeat of what happened at Gulf Coast last year.)

Good luck. Your bike ride sounds wonderful. I promised DH I would ride the bike today (in honor of the bathing suit hanging in my closet) but he didn't hook it up to the trainer.:rolleyes:

Continued luck in your training. :sunny:

Thanks!

And...thanks again for the reminder about the trisports sale last week...I got my order today! yay! They were quick!

:sunny: DH stocked up on the Orca stuff. It wasn't showing in stock but they took his order over the phone and will ship it when it comes in.

He was so tempted to buy a bike. I can't believe they include the bikes as part of that sale.:earseek:

Oh, that bike purchase is inevitable!! :)

And your countdown timer is scaring me! heehee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter