WISHING my life away - the old life! Comments welcome

flipflopmom

DIS Veteran
I am starting this as I have come to the realization that I have a need to get out my successes, failures, and mental ramblings about this lifestyle journey I am on.

1990's Backstory - Always been overweight, often obese. Graduated high school at 173. Looking back, I didn't look as bad as I thought, but my friends were all skinny minnies, so in comparision, I did. I was a cheerleader, tumbler. Before my senior year, I shattered my leg. Required a bone graft from my hip, screws, plates to fix. That took my exercise away, add the college 15, yada yada.

1999: Gained weight up until pregnancy with DD1 - who will be 11 in September. Lost 18 pounds through morning sickness, left the hospital weighing less than I did when I got pregnant. Jumpstarted a better life, for a while. Caring for a newborn, yada yada. It came back, with a vengance.

2005 Got serious about the way I looked when she was 5, and I weighed in at 238!:scared1: Did Atkins, workout DVD's, lost 60ish pounds and got to 175Felt good about the way I looked.

2006: BOOM! Surprise! The baby we thought we couldn't have was on the way! Gained. Gained. gained.

Feb. 2009: Started planning first trip to Disney. Got down around to 190-195.stayed there for about 2 months. Found out my Daddy, who is larger than life for me, had cancer. We lost him in September. Enter shut down of life.

January 18, 2010. Went to the dr. for double ear infections, strep, sinus infection. Had to weigh. 218??????? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING. Time to return to land of living.

Feb. 8, 2010. Started Couch to 5K. HATED/LOVED EVERY minute. No TM, hate the gym. Ran in the snow, below zero windchills, sleet. Never missed a day.

Feb. 27 - Joined the Biggest Loser Challenge on WISH, weighing in at 202, 20 lbs less than a month prior.

From Jan.18-June 18
- Continued running 3 days a week, did my first 5 mile run. Stuck pretty close to 1200 calories a day. Felt good most of the time.
Went from 218-162. 56 lbs gone! Lots of compliments, people not recognizing me, "you don't need to lose anymore" etc. led to COMPLACENCY!

Jun 19-27. Went to WDW for our first trip home to BLT. ON THE DELUXE DINING PLAN. CAME HOME 15 pounds higher. YES! 15 pounds in 10 days!!!!
Hot, tired, didn't run.

FAST FORWARD TO NOW:
July 9 -2010. Started a weight loss journey. Nothing I have done in the past no longer matters. 56 pound loss is in the past. I started July 9 as a woman weighing 168 pounds, with 20 pounds to lose.

I have a very busy life. I am a Kindergarten Teacher, working on my Master's Degree. Class, homework, projects. 2 girls. Oldest is a competitive gymnast, so I take her 45 minutes each way 3 days a week to the gym to practice for 3 hours, 3 days a week.

DH just started working 3rd shift for 3 months. Long story, he is supervisor and has to get it up and running.

I HAVE NO TIME. But I make it! Regardless of how late I stay up, I am up at 5 to exercise.

EXERCISE PLAN
Right now I am running M-W-F. I havne't done a race yet, no time, but I would love to work up to a half at some point. The plan for the next few weeks, to get back into it, is 4M, 4M, 5M.

T/TH/Sat - Jillian Michaels DVD. Right now, it's Level 2 of 30 day shred. I also alternate in No More Trouble Zones for arms and abs, and a Perfect Abs DVD that's 8-9 minutes of hard core ab.

Food Plan
Sticking to 1200 calories a day, or as close as I can. I am a woman on a mission! Hanging with the BL challenge, love the support and motivation! I also log all my food into sparkpeople, so I know where I am.

Goals:
I have set a lofty goal of 148 by my 35th birthday, Sept. 5. That requires a 3 pound loss each week. I KNOW it seems unrealistic, but if I don't set high, I won't work hard.

I have a bit of upper arm flab to lose, a belly pooch, and a flabby abdomen. GOTTA GET IT GONE!

As of this am, I am 5 pounds from a "Normal" BMI range. I would like to achieve that by the time I have to start back to school school, August 4.

Went clothes shopping yesterday, as I have NOTHING I can wear to work. I was very happy to buy size 8's, for the first time in my life. Is a 6 in reach? Where will these 20 pounds take me?

Okay, that's enough of the overall view.
Feel free to comment, or not. I'm just putting this out there, it seems to help!

:woohoo::cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes for starting a WISH Journal! It was one of the best decisions I made. I don't keep mine too up-to-date anymore, but you've inspired me to make journaling a more regular thing.

I struggled with my weight growing up too. Someday, I will post pictures. My First Communion pic is awful. Thinking about it, I have no idea how my mom found me a dress big enough. But, enough about me, I see 6's in your future. I see you losing 3 pounds in every week. And, even if you don't one week, remember, you are setting an awesome example for your children on how to eat healthily and work toward a difficult goal. IMHO FWIW, that's just as important as losing the weight. :goodvibes

Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow! I'm picturing you on another top 10 list this Tuesday!

CC

:woohoo::cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes for starting a WISH Journal! It was one of the best decisions I made. I don't keep mine too up-to-date anymore, but you've inspired me to make journaling a more regular thing.

I struggled with my weight growing up too. Someday, I will post pictures. My First Communion pic is awful. Thinking about it, I have no idea how my mom found me a dress big enough. But, enough about me, I see 6's in your future. I see you losing 3 pounds in every week. And, even if you don't one week, remember, you are setting an awesome example for your children on how to eat healthily and work toward a difficult goal. IMHO FWIW, that's just as important as losing the weight. :goodvibes

Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow! I'm picturing you on another top 10 list this Tuesday!

CC

Oh honey, you are an :littleangel: I'm trying to spare you all, although if you read my post this evening, you'll know I didn't succeed!

Thanks for reminding me about what my DD's are getting from me. I am very concerned, b/c DD2 is really overweight, but at least she now knows what is healthy, and that MOMMA won't let her eat unhealthily and too much. She also knows that Mommy works out, so hopefully that will be engrained!
Thanks CC!

No, I'm not calling myself a COW! On the BL challenge here on Dis, we have a Challenge of the Week (COW). Since tomorrow is the day I send in my report, I will do this week's all in one post. I am hoping to make my daily COW part of my daily posts.

Spend 10 minutes on yourself (1 point for each day)
Friday - spent time on Dis, sharing with friends
Sat - lounged in the pool, getting some sun!
Sun - chilled on the couch at Mom's, reading a magazine, getting ideas for wall colors
Mon - napped
Tues - napped
Wed - shopped!!!!
Thurs - mini peel on face!

Eat 4 vegetables or fruits each day (1 point for each day)
Friday - orange, apple, spinach, grapes
Saturday - lettuces, cantalope, watermelon, cucumbers, corn
Sun - cantaloupe, watermelon, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
Mon - orange, salad, red cabbage, spinach, grapes
Tues - orange, grapes, spinach, strawberries
Wed - orange, grapes, spinach, cucumbers, red cabbage, carrots
Thurs - grapes - 2 servings, just can't get anything else in today

Drink 6-8 oz of water each day (1 point for each day) ( 1 cup of coffee or tea counts)
Fri -Thurs - EASILY 10-12 each day. All I drink,except my morning joe!

Write 5 positive things about the day each night (1 point for each day)
Friday - I journaled. I made it through class. I wanted chocolate, but didn't eat it. I calmed down over a job change DH will have for a while. I exercised.

Saturday - I didn't laugh at my professor, who is EXACTLY like Roz from Monster's Inc. I went to in law's, even though I didn't want to, and my kids loved my presence. Ate lots of veggies and fruit. I didn't go out for lunch with people in class, even though I wanted to. I snuggled with my girls before bed!

Monday - I did a 4M run!, had a nap, had a GREAT on plan eating day for the first time in a long time, Felt great about myself for the first time in 3 weeks! Started on a project for class.

Tues - Did 30 Day Shred level 2. Another great eating day. Got a lot of research for class done. Played with my girls. We got much needed rain. Had another nap!

Wed - Bought a size 8 pair of capris, and they are a smidge big. Not taking tags off just yet! Bought a size small skirt - yeah, it was a big small with an elastic waist, but the word made me feel good! Watched DD do gymnastics. Talked with DD about life in the car, it was nice. Fell asleep before midnight! Did another 4 mile run.

Thurs - I survived! I got a lot done for class. DD2 had a good day with eating, lots of healthy choices. I am VERY full, and haven't eaten much....Did 30 day shred again.

YAY!!!!!!! 27 out of 28 points!

I am very full today, and I have only had 800 calories. It was the same way yesterday. I'm not sure what is up. Just not hungry. I've been short tempered, moody. PMS? :confused3 A few days early if so. Going to watch this pattern next month to see if it comes back.

Tomorrow is our Biggest Loser Challenge weigh in day. I am really hoping for more than 3 pounds this week. We'll see!

Oh honey, you are an :littleangel: I'm trying to spare you all, although if you read my post this evening, you'll know I didn't succeed!

Thanks for reminding me about what my DD's are getting from me. I am very concerned, b/c DD2 is really overweight, but at least she now knows what is healthy, and that MOMMA won't let her eat unhealthily and too much. She also knows that Mommy works out, so hopefully that will be engrained!
Thanks CC!

You are so very welcome! You are a great mother and I know DD2 is looking up to you so much.

I read you post on the BL thread and :hug:. I can tell this is a very stressful time for you, but I'm very proud of you for hanging in there and talking things out. I have to admit, though, I did laugh a lot, like Bree, about the screwdriver comments. You are doing so well!

No, I'm not calling myself a COW! On the BL challenge here on Dis, we have a Challenge of the Week (COW). Since tomorrow is the day I send in my report, I will do this week's all in one post. I am hoping to make my daily COW part of my daily posts.

Spend 10 minutes on yourself (1 point for each day)
Friday - spent time on Dis, sharing with friends
Sat - lounged in the pool, getting some sun!
Sun - chilled on the couch at Mom's, reading a magazine, getting ideas for wall colors
Mon - napped
Tues - napped
Wed - shopped!!!!
Thurs - mini peel on face!

Eat 4 vegetables or fruits each day (1 point for each day)
Friday - orange, apple, spinach, grapes
Saturday - lettuces, cantalope, watermelon, cucumbers, corn
Sun - cantaloupe, watermelon, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
Mon - orange, salad, red cabbage, spinach, grapes
Tues - orange, grapes, spinach, strawberries
Wed - orange, grapes, spinach, cucumbers, red cabbage, carrots
Thurs - grapes - 2 servings, just can't get anything else in today

Drink 6-8 oz of water each day (1 point for each day) ( 1 cup of coffee or tea counts)
Fri -Thurs - EASILY 10-12 each day. All I drink,except my morning joe!

Write 5 positive things about the day each night (1 point for each day)
Friday - I journaled. I made it through class. I wanted chocolate, but didn't eat it. I calmed down over a job change DH will have for a while. I exercised.

Saturday - I didn't laugh at my professor, who is EXACTLY like Roz from Monster's Inc. I went to in law's, even though I didn't want to, and my kids loved my presence. Ate lots of veggies and fruit. I didn't go out for lunch with people in class, even though I wanted to. I snuggled with my girls before bed!

Monday - I did a 4M run!, had a nap, had a GREAT on plan eating day for the first time in a long time, Felt great about myself for the first time in 3 weeks! Started on a project for class.

Tues - Did 30 Day Shred level 2. Another great eating day. Got a lot of research for class done. Played with my girls. We got much needed rain. Had another nap!

Wed - Bought a size 8 pair of capris, and they are a smidge big. Not taking tags off just yet! Bought a size small skirt - yeah, it was a big small with an elastic waist, but the word made me feel good! Watched DD do gymnastics. Talked with DD about life in the car, it was nice. Fell asleep before midnight! Did another 4 mile run.

Thurs - I survived! I got a lot done for class. DD2 had a good day with eating, lots of healthy choices. I am VERY full, and haven't eaten much....Did 30 day shred again.

YAY!!!!!!! 27 out of 28 points!

I am very full today, and I have only had 800 calories. It was the same way yesterday. I'm not sure what is up. Just not hungry. I've been short tempered, moody. PMS? :confused3 A few days early if so. Going to watch this pattern next month to see if it comes back.

Tomorrow is our Biggest Loser Challenge weigh in day. I am really hoping for more than 3 pounds this week. We'll see!

Congrats on the 6 pound loss! I see you keeping a certain clippie for another week! :cool1:

I love your idea to keep track of your COW points in your WISH Journal. Your 5 positive things are great. I especially love how they are not just about you, but also about your DDs. It shows me that you are wonderful intRApersonally and intERpersonally. Ok, I'll stop being today's psychoanalyst now. Really, you are an amazing mom and BL friend and in the words of one of my middle school's secretaries, "Keep on smiling!"

Hope class, Roz and all, is going well! The offer to review things still stands. My APA Manual sits of my desk as if I'm planning to back to school tonight. :rotfl:

Have a great weekend!

I especially love how they are not just about you, but also about your DDs. It shows me that you are wonderful intRApersonally and intERpersonally. Ok, I'll stop being today's psychoanalyst now. Really, you are an amazing mom and BL friend and in the words of one of my middle school's secretaries, "Keep on smiling!"

That means a lot, hon! I love that you have the APA on your desk. :rotfl: I have another project to do w/ references this week, I just might take you up on it! It's so sweet that you are reading this! The support from my BL friends makes a difference. And yes, I did get my 55 lb clippie back, how awesome that you noticed! I hope by the time I reach maintainer, I'll have a 70lb one....

Well, I went out hoping for a long run of 5M. At about 2.5, my head started hurting and I got dizzy, so I stopped at 3M. Still okay, but not what I was hoping for.

I am trying to be retrospective as to why my run went poorly.
#1. I had 2 800 calorie days prior. I just wasn't hungry. I think my body needed more fuel, the literal "running on empty"
#2. I had less than 5 hours sleep for a couple nights,maybe even 3. Again, not enough energy stores.

So, I know to make sure the days before a run I don't go too far under.

I came home, and felt foggy for most of the day, and ravenous. I did well with eating, lots and lots and lots of fruit, until I got home from class. I mentioned to DH that I was hungry. Called my mom, and he disappeared. 15 minutes later, he comes home with hot wings, cheesy bread, and fried wontons. There goes the plan for the day. :headache: Of course, no one held a gun to my head to eat it.

I ended up, at 9:00, eating 2 pieces of cheesy bread, 4 hot wings, and a wonton. That would not have been too bad if it wasn't too late and I hadn't eaten so much during the day. Again, the day choices were great, but I was near my 1000 calorie mark by then.

I should do okay today, if I can control dinner. I'll be in class all day, so no chance for bad choices, I'll pack good stuff, and probably aim for more fruit and a salad, so that I have some calories left in case he does it again.

I do find that if I can have the majority of my calories by 3pm, I do better, though.

My COW for the day -
eating vegetables and fruit 2 servings of watermelon, 1 serving cantaloupe, 1 apple, 1 orange
drinking water probably 80 oz. minimum
days of writing 5 positive things about the day
1. Finished project on time.
2. Weighed in at 162 again, back to pre WDW weight, 6lb loss for the week.
3. Ran 3 miles
4. took a little nap, which helped after that yucky feeling run
5. Got in the bed earlier
days of exercising for 20 minutes
My 3 miles took me 35 minutes.

Exercise - Level 2 30 Day Shred, with some modification. I change some of the arm movements, as I really need to focus on triceps. I run through the house, sprints, or up and down my stairs occasionally on the cardio to ramp up my heart rate for a bit.

Food - 1400 ish calories, 500 from cantaloupe. Reds came to play today. If you know what that means, great, if not, don't ask. You really don't want to know! :thumbsup2 I couldn't get full. Only "bad" things I had were 2 cream cheese wontons left from last night, and 1 chicken wing. Otherwise I had 2Kashi bars, string cheese, yogurt, broccoli, lotsa water and unsweetened tea! I had class today, so I had to pack quick stuff!

Today's COW:

eating vegetables and fruit 8 c. of cantaloupe enough? If not, I had some broccoli, too. ;)
1. Got 10/10 on powerpoint I did in class last night.
2 Finished my final exam, other than editing
3. Resisted the urge to eat junk, mostly
4. Did a sprint through the house, and managed to put away a week's worth of clean laundry, run dishwasher, wash a load of clothes, do 30 day shred, answer a question for final, and post on dis all before I left for class at 8:45!
5. DD2 went to sleep early, so she'll get caught up. DD1 is already in bed reading. :cloud9:
days of exercising for 20 minutes
shred takes 30 with warm up and cool down, and I could totally count that blitz through the house as sprints!

So, I mentioned this earlier today on BL, but it is important to me, so I am reiterating. A friend said that our assumptions about what we can't do stand in the way of what we can.
When I started this journey, I thought I looked pretty good once I'd lost about 35 pounds. Started getting compliments, needed some new clothes. I said to a friend "my ideal weight is 145ish. I just don't think I can get there. I'm going to try to get to 175 before I leave for Disney, and then I'll go from there."
Well, I worked really hard, and left for Disney at 162. I am very proud that I am now back to that point, and was 13 pounds less than I thought I would be. I am only 14 pounds from a 70 pound loss. That is so incredible. I can't believe I've come so far, and I owe it to the WISH BL challenge. I didn't do weight watchers, instead I learned about spark people from here. I didn't join a gym, I learned about the couch to 5K program from here, and became a runner. Yes. I said it. I AM A RUNNER! Learned about Jillian Michael's DVDs here, too. I am so thankful.

So now, I am right back to where I was 1 month ago. Feeling good. Looking in the mirror at my arms, watching the muscles move. :lmao:......And I fear complacency over how much better I look will set in again. I hope that starting this journal will be the motivator I need to get those last 14 pounds off. In 4 more pounds, I will no longer be overweight. I would love to get those off in the next 2 weeks, since I go back to work Aug. 3. It would be the first time in a very, very, very long time, probably early high school if not ever, that I could say I am starting school not overweight.

So, I am going to start picking a quote to motivate me each night. I like the one about assumptions, but right now I am assuming the best, so I needed something different.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

My dreams of being fit, proud of how I look, and healthy are coming true. It's up to me to have the courage, will power, and self control not only to attain that dream, but MAINTAIN it once it gets here!

Hi Taryn-

Hope you are feeling okay. I feel you on TOM. Birth control helps, but not 100%.

Did I miss something? Did you reach a healthy BMI? You mentioned that you needed to lose 5 pounds to do that, and you lost 6? Does that mean what I hope it means? :cool1::thumbsup2:):yay::woohoo::dance3::banana:

Thanks for the inspiration to do the 30-Day Shred. One of my upper arms is covered in bug bites and I woke up itching. I realized that I have a lot of flub there so I said to myself, "Be like Taryn and do some shred." So, I did. That was my 20 minute of exercise for the day. I'm hoping to do it at least every other day. I am a big fan of cardio and I only have so much time, so that's probably as frequently as I can commit to doing. Of course, I do tend to surprise myself with how much exercising I do a day.

Have a great, OP week!

Feeling blah today!

CC - I needed to lose 5 when I posted that, as of that am. As of Friday - I need to lose 3, I think. Thanks for noticing. Not myself tonight, forgive me. :hug:

TOM hit hard today. Feel terrible! Just doing this b/c I know I should!

Today's COW.

eating vegetables and fruit :banana, plum, watermelon, cantaloupe, raw cabbage

exercise = I AM counting the housework I did, because I made sure to move fast enough to keep my heart rate up. Did some stretching, also.

1. Spent time with mom
2. Didn't go overboard on sweets, despite TOM
3. Got lots of compliments at church, one of the men that is trying to step into Daddy's shoes for me told me "DO NOT LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT YOUNG LADY" in his best Daddy impression. Not sure if that was really a positive, b/c I want to crawl in Daddy's lap and get a hug right now more than just about anything else in the world..
4. Wanted to curl up in a ball and shut out the world, but I did make the effort to spend time with mom, help her cook and clean up.
5. Slept a little later this am, so my body gets more rest. Heading to bed early!

Hi Taryn-

YOU WILL REACH A HEALTHY BMI!!! I am thinking this week too! :goodvibes

Housework definitely counts as exercise in my book. I try to wear my pedometer when I'm cleaning, etc. and I know I rack up quite a few steps that way.

Have a great day tomorrow! Hope things are going well between you and DH. Glad to hear the screwdriver took a hiatus.

CC

Thanks CC. And I am working on research for my project now. If I pm you the way I site the stuff, will you look over? Hope to have that part done by tomorrow. Should be 3-5 sites. I would have to kick butt to get that off this week, not sure TOM's gonna let me. And DH and I are back on an even keel now... I turned from aggressive to voracious! :laughing:

Today's recap = I RAN 5 MILES AGAIN, and it was pleasant!!! First .75 mile was tough, started thinking about numbers - that's how I pass the time. I think "If I lose this by this date, then this by this date... etc." Yes, I have a spreadsheet for this, but it helps motivate me while I am running. Then I started planning my project in my head, and next thing I knew I had 4 miles down. Started to go for 6 since I was in a groove, but decided since I hadn't done 5 in a month not to push too hard. Might try for 6 Friday if I am having a good run.

I am :headache::headache::headache::mad::mad: at myself on eating today, though.

Took DD1 to gymnastics, Mom went with us, and we went to see my new great nephew. :littleangel: My nephew is only 5 years younger than me, so we're really close. He's two weeks old, and such a little doll! Mom made muffins for us to eat on the way, so I did eat one lemon poppyseed one. Not a bad deal.

Lunch - the girls and mom wanted pizza. I drank water, and ate 1.5 teeny slices. Not a great choice, but I could overcome it with a great dinner and still be on plan. Plan was fruit for dinner.

Ate the fruit (orange and watermelon) and then proceeded to eat a string cheese (lowfat, not too bad), AND half a Hershey's Dark Chocolate Bar, and a half a cup of potato chip crumbs. I was desperate! CANNOT BELIEVE I DID THAT TO MYSELF. Yes, when I put it all in sparkpeople, I am in my calorie range - 1451. My range is 1220-1570, so it's not as bad as I thought. But there is no way I'll get to normal BMI this week if I eat on the upper end of the range.

TODAY'S COW:

Today's COW.
eating vegetables and fruit :banana, watermelon, orange - 2 servings of watermelon

exercise = 5 miles!

1. Got to see the baby!
2. Got Mom out of the house, she doesn't enough since Daddy died.
3. Ran 5 miles
4. Getting work done on the project
5. Resisted the urge to buy stuff shopping that I really can't afford!

Night!

First, :hug:. You day yesterday sounds similar to mine. I am learning that everyday can't be perfect, especially with my definition of perfect. I was just reading last night that I can have something like 1500 calories and still lose weight being completely inactive. I was reading Better Homes and Gardens' 3 Steps to Weight Loss. I got it from my library. It's an older book for a science-like topic, but still in the 2000s. Maybe 2001? I don't know why, but reading that made me feel much better. I'm planning to try a few of the recipes in it as well.

Of course you can PM me. I should have plenty of time to review it by the end of the day.

Glad to hear you got to see your great-nephew! Babies always cheer me up! Positive #2 is so wonderful!!!! You are an amazing DD yourself and I know you are raising your DDs to do similar things!

Have an absolutely spectacular day!

CC

Thanks CC!

Too much watermelon today. I was trying to sub it for the sweets I was craving!

Not a lot to report. Got my exercise running up and down the stairs, did ab work, a little arms. Nothing structured or concrete. Everytime I had to go upstairs, I made myself run up and down twice before doing what I needed to, which was often. DH asked me "what do you keep forgetting?" :laughing:

Today's COW.
eating vegetables and fruit watermelon, orange - 2 servings of watermelon, spinach, carrots, pineapple

exercise = dare I call it circuit training??? :confused3

1. Got Sophie's carpet shampooed
2. Got the sheets and duvet covers changed
3. Got the tub scrubbed
4. Knocked out a large part of the assignment due this week!
5. Stayed at the low end of my calorie range for day for a change!
6. Enjoyed reading some new books to Sophie- Fancy Nancy!
7. Anna Kat has been very thoughful and snuggly for a 10 year old, absence made the heart grow fonder.
8. No screwdrivers! Dh seems to be settling in a bit!

I DID ANOTHER 5 MILE RUN THIS AM!!!! For the first time in my life, I have done 2 5Ms in one week!!!! I am so proud of myself!

I was starving afterwards, and ate all my breakfast and lunch food within 3 hours. But it leveled off by mid afternoon, so I feel okay about it. It was just kinda scary!

I really would like to start half marathon training, but I can't settle on one, nor can I really find one that fits my schedule to run. Without that motivation, it will be hard. I haven't even run a 5K yet, can't work it in the schedule!

Took a 2 hour nap this afternoon, which was wonderful for body and soul. Sophie napped, too, so we're all bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Got to work on classwork some, so here's today's COW.
eating vegetables and fruit: watermelon, orange - 2 servings of watermelon, okra, brussels sprouts

drinking water: probably 80 oz. minimum I really don't bother to count this anymore, since I know I get it in!

exercise = 5 miles!

1. I RAN 5 miles for the second time this week! (Did I mention that already?)
2. Finally lost a bit of the water weight gain I'm holding on to. Hopefully the rest will be gone in the am, and I can post a loss this week.
3. Spent time playing in the pool with the girls. It was so fun, and relaxing!
4. Got my nap in!
5. Ate brussels sprouts. That ought to be something to be proud of. :laughing:

Well, I am posting about yesterday early enough that it still feels like today.

I had a terrible day today, just mad at the world. I think it has a lot to do with summer being almost over, time for school to start back, and I've spent all my time on class work. It's been a non-existant summer for me.

My knee starting really bothering me today, so I am going to read up on runner's knee a bit before I head out this morning. I iced it twice yesterday, so we'll see.

Just to keep up, I am going to post my COW from yesterday so I can send in my points.

eating vegetables and fruit: watermelon, orange - 3 servings of watermelon, pineapple, strawberries

drinking water: probably 80 oz. minimum I really don't bother to count this anymore, since I know I get it in!

exercise = 30 day shred level 2

1. I did shred
2. Sophie and I walked a bit and played at the park while AK was at gym
3. found out the class for Mondays in the fall would not have to meet at the same time, sounds self paced. HUGE burden off, as I was trying to figure out how to do class and gymanstics.
4. Got to eat "brunch" with DH and the girls before he went to bed.
5. It is over.

It was really that bad.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

I need this today. Desperately. Overate by a LARGE margin yesterday. I did okay until I got home from class and DH gotten pizza for him and the girls for dinner. I ATE 3 (#$(%^*@#)$(%* pieces. WHy oh why:confused3 I KNOW I can't do that and be successful. I TOLD MYSELF NOT to eat the last 2. I didn't listen. I AM SO MAD today!!!!!

My body is holding water like a SPONGE!!!! I am so frustrated. My knee is really sore, pretty sure it's runner's knee. Which means - I might have to take a break from running. I CAN'T DO THAT RIGHT NOW! I have a goal to get to. I am icing it, and not doing any cardio on it today and tomorrow, we'll see if that helps.

I KNOW I need new running shoes. There are places on my Shox with no tread left. I am sure that will help my knees, as they have been bothering me a bit, more and more, and I can actually hear my shoes squeak when I run b/c of the tread. Hope I can get to the running store, a little over an hour away, in the next week or so.

Our COW this week is a bit different, but I need to keep up good habits, too, so...
fruit and veggies - 2 or 3 servings of cantaloupe - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
water - lots
exercise - 3 mile run.

the pamper for the day was to lie down with cool cloths over our eyes. Didn't get to it. Came home from class, gorged, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. I guess the good news is that I slept through the popcorn DH made! :laughing:

Off to do some research on getting rid of bloating. Hoping for a better day!

Hi Taryn,

Sorry about your bad day. I hope you have a great, OP day today!:goodvibes

Taking a nap can be so rejuvanating. I don't do well with the Pamper COWs either. I did read a book yesterday, though, but I do that pretty much everyday. I guess it counts? :confused3

So happy to hear that class isn't at a fixed time.

Congrat on two 5-mile runs in a week!

I'd love to reply more, but my messages tend to go "poof" lately and I don't want to risk it.

Again, have a great day!

CC

CC- Thanks for stopping in!

I am copying and pasting what I wrote on BL for today, because it is important for me to remember.

Yesterday was my last class for the summer!:banana::cool1: Got up, ate some watermelon and did 20 minutes of circuit training, took some midol, went to class. For lunch, I ate more watermelon, string cheese, and a fat free yogurt. Got home at 4:30, submitted all my assignments, I am done!
DH called and wanted me to come to MIL and FIL's where they were and eat dinner and swim.

I felt really, really tired. Called DH, told him I was going to rest for 15 minutes then come on. Crawled into the recliner, and felt really, really dizzy and hot. Slept for 45 min. until dog barked at something. Got up, and really thought I was going to pass out. Sweating, lightheaded. STUPIDLY, I got into the car, drove to MIL and FIL's house, thinking the whole time about pulling over because I was so light headed. They had cooked burgers, they were very thin, I ate one pattie, some cantaloupe and lettuce and onions. Started to feel a bit better. Drank 2 glasses of water. Then, like Dopey, I ate 2 brownies. They were very small, maybe1.5 inches square? They were so good, I ate 1 more and drank some milk. Went to their couch, still feeling odd. Kids were taking a break from the pool playing with Nana, so I konked out again. Slept on the couch from 7ish until 10:15. They woke me up, they'd been back in the pool, had watermelon, all kinds of stuff. I came home, piddled for an hour, went to sleep at midnight and got up at 6:30.

I was so scared over the way I was feeling. A couple of possibilities: I had taken 2 doses of Midol over the course of the day to help with water weight, even though TOM was pretty much finally gone. Maybe my body doesn't like diuretics? I had only had about 500 calories, mostly watermelon, up to this point of the day? Temp was 99 at 6pm yesterday, heat index of 106. I wasn't outside that much, but we had to go outside to get to a bathroom during class (construction in the school and waxing floors), took the dog out, so in and out a lot? Also, running on 4-5 hours sleep for the last 3 weeks. I wonder if all that just combined.

I feel much better this morning, not at all Dopey, so maybe the crash was what I needed. I am worried, because the first of August is **** for me, getting my room ready, starting school with a new batch of kiddos, etc. Hopefully a schedule and packed meals will help me plan good food combos, I just worry about adequate rest and stress levels. I need to remember that my goal should be health, not a fast track to looking like the girl on the Runner's World cover.

During the hour I was piddling, I looked up effects of not sleeping, sleep and weight loss, etc. I was scared over how much I have needed sleep this weekend. Found this interesting article, thought I would share.

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2009/02/lose-weight-while-you-sleep

So, my lesson = sleep more, eat better, quit trying to trick my body into losing weight. Stop looking at food combinations for weight loss, eat healthy, exercise, and let it happen.

My COw challenge was to read - I read enough in class, and I read mags during the day for 5-10 minutes. Read a bit before bed. Still haven't layed down with cool compresses on my eyes, maybe tonight.

Water - check
Fruits and veggies - 3 servings of watermelon! lettuce, onions, cantaloupe
Exercise - 20 quick minutes of circuit

Time to get ready for church, lunch at mom's. I might skip the exercise today. It's too blooming hot for a walk outside, trying to rest my knee so no big cardio, and my arms are sore from the major workout I gave them yesterday. I think I'll let those muscle tears heal. I have about 30 minutes, so maybe a quick ab workout and a little yoga.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter