Wk of Aug 5--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Just a drive-by tonight as we're still at CSR. I have not run all week due to WTO, though I did try yesterday afternoon. I came out to the path at CSR and started stretching. It's a Spanish/Mexican themed resort and there was some steel drum music I could hear from across the lake playing a nice accompaniement. I started off on my first walk minute, then hit my first 4min run interval and the music changed. From across the lake, I hear "Dun dun dun da dun, Dun dun dun da dun da da da"...anyway, the Mission Impossible theme with a steel drum twist. I started cracking up while trying to run...perfect music! I ended up trashing the run after about 1.5 miles because there were just too many people around and I had to keep slowing down to a walk until I could get around the large groups. I think I'll still be okay for CDC...maybe will help my foot having a week off.

On our way home tomorrow, then start prepping for CDC. We fly out around 8:30 friday morning!

Good training everyone!

Hi Mel, thanks for starting this every week. Also a huge thank you for the WISH members who take care of getting the shirts and hats done.

I haven't heard back on my request to have a WISH day at WDW. But you know what, remember we asked them to change the time limit for the TOT and they listened. So I an't giving up just yet.

Have a great evening everyone who is still awake.

Dave:hippie:

I'm back from my "vacation", if I can call it that.:rolleyes1
Drove 2536 round trip miles. Visited Northwest Arkansas for 2 1/2 days to take care of some family business (and go to the AQ Chicken Restaurant - Yum!). Then spent 2 days in Branson, MO (saw the Oak Ridge Boys one day and shopped at Banson Landing the next). Then headed home.

Didn't get much work-out time in at all, so I'm ready to get started. Will be increasing my walks to 2 miles this week. Go back to Dr. next week and hoping he'll let me start doing some "light" running.

It's good to be back. I really missed checking in on the boards to see how everyone was doing.

Happy Training! :)

Terri

Welcome back Terri, wow you need a vacation to rest up from that vacation.

Good morning WISH Team.

Today will be easy but brisk walking at the mall while I'm waiting for Erica to get off so we can go to breakfast. Sunday is special to us because it starts our time back together. She is a nurse who works, 12 hour shifts, Thur, Fri and Sat nights. So we only see each other about an hour each of those days. But Sunday we have Breakfast and then after I get off work at 6 pm we are together till Wed.:love:

I hope the rest of you are surviving this darn heat wave we are having. The humidity is like a haze out there. I would think it was smog if we were not so far from the industrial world here.

Jen117, I hope today is happier for you.:flower3:

Judy is coming to grips with the concept of shoes.:upsidedow

Wendy is just amazing.:cheer2:

Steve is "YARC" Warrior of the week. He did the Radiers of the lost "YARC" proud this weekend.

Everyone have an awesome day, remember happy thoughts.

Dave:hippie:

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

I had a great run yesterday! My LR was 12 miles on the Erie Canal trail, and it took me 1:58.36 min/9:52 mpm pace. I did my plan where I go really slow and easy for the first half, and I try to increase my speed a little on the second half. I wanted to run the first 6 miles around 10 min/mile, and then increase the speed of the last 6 miles to somewhere close to 9 min/mile. The first 6 miles I ran in 1:02.34 min/10:25 mpm (not too bad with GU breaks and a potty break). The last 6 miles I ran in 55:56 min/9:19 mpm, and mile 12 I ran in 8:17!!!

Check out my splits:

Mile 1: 10:22 min
Mile 2: 9:57 min
Mile 3: 10:09 min
Mile 4: 10:27 min
Mile 5: 11:33 min (1 min GU walk break and 1 min bathroom break)
Mile 6: 10:05 min
Mile 7: 9:46 min (trying to pick up the pace a little)
Mile 8: 9:43 min
Mile 9: 10:01 (1 min GU walk break)
Mile 10: 9:06 min
Mile 11: 8:59 min
Mile 12: 8:17 min :banana: :banana:

OK, now time to catch up with everyone.

Good morning team!!!!

We are going for a long walk today, but just a easy one. We are going to a town north of us in Barrie and walking the waterfront with the entire family. Tues is DD's birthday and tonight is the only night DS isn't working so we are heading north to a great Mexican Restaurant for her birthday dinner but throwing in this walk to help ward off the calories from the Margaritta.......lol

Hope you are all enjoying your wonderful weekend!!!

Kim

OK time to catch up with everyone.

But first, more about me... I ran 29.22 miles this week. I'm getting close to my 30 mile/week goal.

Second a question: Would anyone be interested in WISH socks? Lat year I bought 2 pairs. I only use 1 pair for special races, and I sometimes train or race in the second pair. My training pair is starting to wear out, and I'd like to get more. However, since it's a custom order I would need to order 50 pairs of socks (too many for me). Would anyone out there be interested in some socks? I know I've asked this before and not gotten a response. Here's a picture of our socks, and I started another thread to gauge interest.

WISHsock2a.jpg

Kim- Oooh, sounds like your walk yesterday was tough. Everyone's getting dehydrated out there. Hope you have a great walk today. Mmmmmm, margaritas, yummy!

WWDave- Good morning. Enjoy your brisk walk with Erica.

Terri- Sounds like you had fun in Branson. Good luck with your Drs appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Mel- CSR sounds like a cool resort. Are there good mexican restaurants there too? Sounds like this was taper week for you before CDC.

Tricia- Wow, 8.1 mile walk on the TM. Great job!!!A 20 mile week is awesome.

Beth- Nice job on your 4.5 mile TM run yesterday. How did your run with your sister's group go?

Nancy- WTG on your 10 miles on the TM. That's awesome!!!

Renee- Nice job on your 10 mile LR. 10:15 mpm pace sounds pretty close to your goal of around 10 min miles. WTG!!

Jackie- I like your no decision strategy of deciding on the full at WDW. Sometimes I just get tired of thinking and having to make decisions. You'll have fun no matter what you do, and if you don't do the full this year you'll be itching to do it next year. Sorry about your stonker run. Sounds like you have a strategy so it doesn't happen next time though. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...

Dana- Where are those pics of you dolled up from your night out last night? Nice job on your 6 miler on the TM. I haven't run on the TM since the snow stopped flying out here, but I found the same thing. I can run faster on the roads than I can on the TM. Your 9:30 mpm TM pace sounds like it would translate to your usual ~9:00 mpm (or under) pace on the roads. Waitin' for those pictures...

Maggie- Good job on your 3.3 mile walk yesterday.

Vic- Thanks for the article on wogging. I'm waiting for the article now on swogging. I think I need to TM that term.

OK, I think I'm caught up with everyone. Hope all my other friends out there are doing well this weekend.

Kristi- How's your Goo training incentive plan going?

Hello Christa, Colleen, Sara, Carrie, Melissa, Judy, Cam, Howard, Krista, Steve, and everyone else out there I might have missed. Have a great day all.

Good morning everyone!

After my 8 mile LR on Friday morning, I've used the last 2 days for some lighter stuff. Yesterday I took a cardio kickbox and a step class at my gym (boy, did I get lost with all that crazy step choreography! :banana: but it was still fun :)), and this morning I did 50 minutes on the elliptical (supposedly 5 miles, but I don't really believe the machine stats), and 20 mins on the treadmill at a 4.0 pace.

Speaking of which...how do you all track your pace when you're out walking on trails and such? I can sort of guesstimate based on my watch as long as I have mile markers, but am sort of lost as to how to figure out how fast I'm going when I'm in places where there are no indicators. Do you guys have any tips or specific equipment I could use?

Thanks for any help, and everyone have a great day!

Can you say STONKER!!!!!:sad2: I only made 11.5 of the scheduled 15 and that was awful--character building at it's best. But part of it was my fault--I talked to my dsis yesterday morning and she invited me to go with a group of girls out to PF Changs and then to a piano bar. Well, I knew that if I went out with the girls that I would be in no shape to get up and run this morning--so in all my wisdom--I decided to jump on the dreadmill about 3:00 yesterday. I felt awful for pretty much the entire time--our treadmill is junk and I also calculated that in the past 7 days I've logged 35+ miles!:scared1: I'm not even sure how long the 11.5 took me, but it wasn't pretty. New week, starting with a clean slate now!

SWDave--WTG on the run! Glad to hear that yours was so much better than mine! Love the socks--might have to look into those as I seem to keep losing my Wright Socks in the wash:confused3

Mel--Kudos to you for getting the weekly thread going even while at WDW! Hope the conference is going well--and I needed that MI music yesterday!

Moon--Garmin! It's a wrist GPS for runners/bikers. The Forerunner 205/305 are the newer models--but you might find the 201 much cheaper. They are kinda spendy, but, IMHO, wonderful! I would be lost w/o it--now I no longer have to drive my route the night before--and I love having my average pace and mile splits.

Okay, gotta run--need to find some Ibuprofen--legs are KILLING me today and so is the head ( must be that pear mojito from PF Changs last night!)

Can you say STONKER!!!!!:sad2: I only made 11.5 of the scheduled 15 and that was awful--character building at it's best. But part of it was my fault--I talked to my dsis yesterday morning and she invited me to go with a group of girls out to PF Changs and then to a piano bar. Well, I knew that if I went out with the girls that I would be in no shape to get up and run this morning--so in all my wisdom--I decided to jump on the dreadmill about 3:00 yesterday. I felt awful for pretty much the entire time--our treadmill is junk and I also calculated that in the past 7 days I've logged 35+ miles!:scared1: I'm not even sure how long the 11.5 took me, but it wasn't pretty. New week, starting with a clean slate now!

SWDave--WTG on the run! Glad to hear that yours was so much better than mine! Love the socks--might have to look into those as I seem to keep losing my Wright Socks in the wash:confused3

Mel--Kudos to you for getting the weekly thread going even while at WDW! Hope the conference is going well--and I needed that MI music yesterday!

Moon--Garmin! It's a wrist GPS for runners/bikers. The Forerunner 205/305 are the newer models--but you might find the 201 much cheaper. They are kinda spendy, but, IMHO, wonderful! I would be lost w/o it--now I no longer have to drive my route the night before--and I love having my average pace and mile splits.

Okay, gotta run--need to find some Ibuprofen--legs are KILLING me today and so is the head ( must be that pear mojito from PF Changs last night!)
Stephanie- Sorry for the stonker run. That's too bad. I had to comment on this though. We went to PF Changs Friday night! Small world. Our DD6 really wanted to go. I was worried about getting enough good fuel for my LR. I seemed to manage OK, but I did stay away from the pear mojitos.

Good morning everyone.

No training to report as I currently have a cold. I hate summer colds. It's always something.

SWDave - Great job with the 29+ miles! I'd be interested in a couple of pairs of socks.

Mel - Good luck at the CDC.

Terri - Hope the Dr. clears you to run.

WWDave - Have a good week.

Kim - Have a great walk.

Kathy - Thanks for the pics!

Moonie - Great job with the training.

Stephanie - Sorry about the stonker.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Y'all have a great Sunday.

:)

Hey all. I went out yesterday afternoon for my run just to get it done. Well I thought since the temps were in the 70's that it would be OK. It wasn't. It was overcast and super humid. I was dripping after 6 miles. And it totally wiped me out. Oh that and I still have this cold. So it kind of stunk and made my foot hurt, but it's done and over and now I get to taper this week. CDC in one week and I am not ready at all!!!!

SWDave - yes my aunt is in therapy and has even checked herself in and out of the clinic. However she is very good at hiding things and convincing people to help her do evil. It is way wacked. What it means for me... watch my back and 1000 times more work at work to keep things going. Her main goal in life is to being our company down. It is very sad and heartbreaking for me.

Big Vic - I hear you on the cold! We can chug Vit. C together!!

Stephanie - at least you tried to get in your run. A Pear Mojito... never had one but sounds good!

Dana - I am very slow on a TM. It frustrates me, but with the winters here I have to use one.

Oh and SWDAVE - My socks are getting a little worn, so I would order a couple more pairs if you were doing a re-order. Thanks!!

OK, it is misty rain here today so we are bailing on the church picnic. Instead I am doing a ton of laundry and cleaning. Oh and working from home to catch up!

Speaking of which...how do you all track your pace when you're out walking on trails and such? I can sort of guesstimate based on my watch as long as I have mile markers, but am sort of lost as to how to figure out how fast I'm going when I'm in places where there are no indicators. Do you guys have any tips or specific equipment I could use?
::yes:: Garmin! Best toy out there for walkers/runners I must say! I've got the 205 and DH is using my 201. He loves it too!

SWDAve, :wave: Glad you had a good run yesterday. Thanks for taking up the socks again this season. I might be looking for a pair or so for DH. I'll post up on the other thread you've got going but here's a pic of them for those who want to see what they look like on feet.
eda7eb46.jpg

Vic, I loved the article. Thanks for posting that.

Terri, glad you are back with us. WISHing for a good doc report.

Kathy, thanks for the link to Lynne's pics. They all came out great.

Vic, get well. Sorry about that summer cold.

Mel, good for you taking the week to taper. You will be fine for CDC! I'm getting excited to meet up with everyone.

I'm going to post up this and work on the WISH Team Calendar in a moment.

Hey group! No training to report since my long run is tonight! My sister's running group is running 2 1/2 hours, so I am tagging along. I am hoping I can keep up ok.....they are all faster than me. If it looks like I can't, I will fall back and be ok with that. I decided to take yesterday off to rest up.

SWDave: good job on your 29.22 last week! Close enough to the 30 miles your looking for. I would like socks if you order.....thanks for doing it!

Jen: great job getting in the six miles! It's certainly been hard to get the miles in with this energy depleting heat :confused3

Nancy: good job on your LW.....I guess we need to be grateful for that blessed TM, huh?

Moonie: sounds like you need a Garmin (don't we all?) I would love one, but certainly don't have the funds for it! And, kick boxing huh? Last year I had a great boxing class (which I loved!) but it wasn't with the kicking thing. I loved 'hitting the bag' and getting all my aggrivation out on it!

Keep up the good work group, we are up for the next HOT week! :eek:

Beth

Hello, team!

Mel - Welcome home; hope your trip was magical!
Terri - PD for the doctor this week; hope you can get back to running
WWDave - Have fun with Erica! It must be great to have that to look forward to every week.
MSDave - Wow! Great run!! You use a Garmin, right? How often do you check your pace?
Kim - Mexican - yummy! Have fun at the birthday dinner
Kathy - I haven't checked the link yet, but I'll go look at the photos in a bit
Moon - For those of us without a Garmin, gmap-pedometer.com works well. That's how I measure my runs.
Stephanie - Sorry about the stonker!
Vic - Hope that cold clears out soon. Zicam?
Jen - It is so hot here that I think if it were misty-raining I'd be running out in it for sure!
Lily - Thanks for updating the calendar!
Beth - 2 1/2 hours is definitely a LONG run! Good luck!

Rest day for me after my 8 miler yesterday. Good news is that legs, feet, etc. are all fine and dandy and ready to get back at it tomorrow.

Happy training, all! :)
Renee

Mel - Hope you're enjoying your stay at CSR! That is funny about the music!

Dave - Congrats on the awesome 12 mile LR! :woohoo:

Stephanie - Sorry about the stonker, but 11.5 miles sounds pretty darn impressive to me! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone with colds feel better soon! :goodvibes
I kinda feel like I'm fighting one off myself.

I ran 5 miles this morning with an average pace of 9:51, also topped my fastest mile from the other day and it was 9:30.

I still can't believe the difference in my pace so I drove it and it came out 4.5. :mad: Course, I usually hug the curb so that might have made a difference. Regardless, I'm gonna go back out and run the track on Tuesday to see if my Nike+ still matches up. I guess I need to put aside some money for a Garmin, course if I get one DH will want one, too.

Can two people use the same Garmin, or no?

MSDave - Wow! Great run!! You use a Garmin, right? How often do you check your pace?

Renee
Hey Renee, How often do I check my pace? Too often... seriously, checking my pace really depends. Depends on how I'm feeling, if I feel horrible I'm usually checking it more often, if I'm feeling good I totally forget about it, if I like the song I'm listening to I don't check it at all either. Usually, I take a glance at my Garmin about every mile. I try to notice my mile splits. If I look at it more often that that, I don't really trust it. It fluctuates so much in between the mile. It gets blocked by trees, and then catches up, etc. So I usually look at it every mile or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter