Wk of Mar 18--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Perfect running weather down here if anyone's interested :thumbsup2 It was 56 this morning but with a wicked wind. I did 4 miles in 46:24 for a 11:36 pace. My 5K split was 36:09 doing R4/W1. That's only 3 seconds better than running so there doesn't appear to be much advantage for me in straight running vs intervals.

Jackie...congrats on your PR! I am same as you with the cold...can't stand it and I'm always colder than everyone else I tend to start out too layered because I can't stand the pre-run waiting. I'm trying to acclimate myself by not overdressing. Means my first 5 minutes of running involves chattering teeth, but I warm up after that.

Krista...Sanjaya must go!

Dave...great job on your race!

Angie...hope DS feels better soon!

Stephanie...I alternate Wave Riders with ASICs. Love the Mizuno for narrow feet!

BTW, check out brooksrunning.com. If you go to a participating store and try on Brooks shoes, you can get a free tech shirt. DH wears the Adrenaline so we're going to check it out tomorrow.

Leana...great pace! Congrats!

Mike...sorry to hear about your race problem. That would make my crazy :headache:

I did dream that DH and I were going to the half at WDW but slept in because the race start was for 7:30. We got up and found the race had started without us. When I woke up, it was 7:30, which is a lot later than I usually get up for weekend LR. I think the time change has been hard to adjust to this year.

Hi, everyone! Congrats to everyone who raced today. Awesome times!!! :cool1:
I am jealous of anyone who got to do a LR outside today.
Our 5K was cancelled because of the snow and ice we got yesterday. I was really disappointed because it is a nice flat course on which I'd held my 43:33 PR until I did 40:07 on 2 weeks ago. So, I'd thought it would have been fun to see just how much of it I could run and how much I could improve my PR. Alas, it wasn't meant to be! :sad1:

I did make it to the gym this afternoon for some quality TM time. ;o)
I did 6 miles (Minnie training is back on track!) -
Total time 1 hour 19 minutes 35 seconds (overall pace 13:16);

At one hour – 4.55 miles (avg pace 13:11)
Had to re-start the TM at that point and did the last 1.45 in 19:35 (13:30 pace)
That puts me about 11 minutes ahead of the sweepers at the 6 mile point. That is very reassuring. I can only get faster from here and improve my endurance to run further. It would be so nice not to cut it as close as last year when my overall pace was 14:57!
The funny thing is I had to walk down the steps -- 14 floors! in my office building last night because the elevators weren't working. Last night and today my old hip pain was back and I was worried about pushing it to get in my 5 miles. Once I decided to do it, though, 6 seemed like a great idea and there wasn't any noticeable pain. Thank God!

I'll never catch up on last week's posts, but here's a start:
When I signed up for the Allentown event, it was through Active.com. Now I notice I get quasi-regular emails from them (every 2 weeks or so) listing every little running event in my general area in addition to all the major national ones. I had no idea so much was happening around here.

Cam: congrats on the cruise......your daughter will love it. Have you sailed DCL before? Nancy and I have several under our belt...in fact, that's how we met!
Jeanne -- we've never done the 4 day yet. We've done 7 day eastern and the 7 day western twice, so this will be all new to us. I am really looking forward to our two nights at POFQ before hand, too!

Count me in! It will be dh and my first half.
Maggie

Ohhhh, I am soooo wanting to do this! A mid-year WISH meet is just too good to pass up!

I ran it and it felt great the whole way, kept a steady pace and finished in 26:38!!!! :banana: :banana:: :banana:

Colleen -- That is so awesome! Congratulations! :thumbsup2

Just finished my 5K - posted the report on the Race Reports thread - awesome race - finished in 35:14 - 2 minutes off my PR!

Jackie -- That time is amazing! 2 minutes off your PR!!!! You go, girl! :banana:

5 miles, 43:05 min, 8:37 mpm!! :cool1: :cool1:
In the cold? You are a machine!!! :cool1:

Angie -- I hope DS is feeling better tonight. Poor baby. Oh, and to be sick at Disneyworld? That's just not right! Sending him a hug :hug: and pixiedust:

Leana - Awesome time!

Colleen - You were rockin'!

Angie/Christa
- Apparently "protein spills" (as Disney refers to them) aren't so uncommon. DD has thrown up in the pool at the Grand Floridian, the room at the GF, and the room at Wilderness Lodge. The WL episode came when all 3 of us had food poisoning - not a pretty site!

Mel - I have narrow feet too - Fleet Feet just fitted me with Nike Air Zoom Elites. I've always hated Nikes, but these are amazing, except that they're ORANGE!

Jackie

Cam - That really stinks about your race! :mad: But good for you making it to the gym anyway. You are right you are going to kick butt at the Minnie, we still have 7 weeks. I was actually thinking about you last night when we had dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse in Contemporary. Didn't you say that you were having dinner at Chef Mickey's after Minnie? I don't know if they serve alcohol there but the Raspberry Martini I had at concourse was really good.:rolleyes1

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone for DS - he is feeling a lot better already. But I agree with Cam, getting sick at Disney - JUST IS NOT RIGHT!!:guilty:

angie

DUDE! Why can't I sleep....
Went to bed around 8 b/c I was so tired...then woke up at 10 and was wide awake! And I am still up...and I have a show tomorrow morning.....I cannot be tired for tomorrow!

Cam - WTG on getting the run in and WTG on the pace!

Sick @ WDW - As Ron Stoppable says, and I quote, "That is just sick and wrong!" Yeah, DH, DD9, and DD6.5 have also made messes in the room! OUT OF CONTROL!

Christa - Chad says he isn't ready to run Grandfather this year, but he is thinking about 2008. Like a marathon itself is not bad enough, you guys want to do it on a mountain?
Oh MAN! I wanted a WISH meet...well I guess I need to get DH to agree with my running plans!:rotfl:

Perfect running weather down here if anyone's interested :thumbsup2 It was 56 this morning but with a wicked wind. I did 4 miles in 46:24 for a 11:36 pace. My 5K split was 36:09 doing R4/W1. That's only 3 seconds better than running so there doesn't appear to be much advantage for me in straight running vs intervals.

It is amazing how that works.

This week our group changed the 10 miles to 2.5R/1W. We came in at the same time as normally would for a 5R/1W.

We picked up the run pace to make it work and no one really noticed, except for the Garmin.

I am going to start working on the walk pace. The group was doing a 17.5 pace. After seeing some of the paces here I'm going to work for a 13-14 walk pace. That should help out a lot with the time.....that and not spending 10 minutes at each water cooler talking:confused3

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone for DS - he is feeling a lot better already. But I agree with Cam, getting sick at Disney - JUST IS NOT RIGHT!!:guilty:

angie

Just another reason to live close to WDW....we can drive home if the kids are sick and don't have to wait around for airline flights.

DUDE! Why can't I sleep....
Went to bed around 8 b/c I was so tired...then woke up at 10 and was wide awake! And I am still up...and I have a show tomorrow morning.....I cannot be tired for tomorrow!

That happens to me most nights.

I've decided it just gives me more time to DIS! :thumbsup2

I am so jealous of everyone who can be outside training. We had 12" of snow so I spent Sat morning dealing with the snow. My back hurt after all the shoveling so I didn't even try to go to the gym. Will be going this morning to at least go on the TM. I hope by the end of the week, I can start walking again outside.

Congratulations to everyone on the good times with their races.

Jackie- I will only be walking. I tried before to do some running with the walking, but I have a history of back problems so running for any length of time makes my back hurt.

Cam-- Where in Delaware do you live? Would either of these work for you, a full marathon in Harrisburg, Pa www.harrisburgmarathon.com; and a half www.harrisburghalf.com;

Jeanne-- I wish I had an indoor track that I could use. Since it is spring sports season, all the school and college outdoor tracks are being used. Of course right now no one can even find them under the snow. I have adjusted to walking fast on the treadmill and don't struggle with keeping my balance like I used to other than steep inclines.

Off to the gym. Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

**Yawn** I can't believe you guys are already up and working out.:surfweb: I'm just waking up and trying to motivate myself for work...I will have a great day at work, I will have a great day at work.....I plan to w/out afterwards, so that's is something fun to look forward to. I will have a great day at work....lol:rolleyes1

Good morning! Hoping everyone is having a great weekend.

Criminy, I haven't run in a week! Whatever has a hold on me isn't quite ready to let go. The antibiotics to seem to be working though.

Monte - Have a great day at work. ;)

Dave, Colleen, and Leana - Great job on your races.

Cam and Mel - Great job with your training.

Angie - Sorry to hear about DS. Hope he's doing ok.

Krista - How's that sock eating dog of yours? :laughing:

Y'all take care. :)

Morning all!

I'm still nowhere near caught up, but here are a few that stuck out.

Mel - I don't know. 56 is nearing too hot for me. ;) Actually, after al my TM raining, I'm trianingnot to complain about temps and just be happy with dry pavement to run outside on. We slowed down going from R/W to full run. So, if you're going for time, stay with a r/w.

Cam - Sorry about your race and teh nasty weather!

Pat - I whish I could do CDC, but it's always the weekend of a ig festicval out here adn my family comes out. Keving will disagree, but I think the fireworks Saturday night are better than WDW. The ambience isn't there, but the show itself is awesome.

Ceclia - DOn't you just come home from running adn eat bon bons the rest of teh day? ;)

Angie - Hope your ds is feeling better!

Marthat - We took both our cats in for surgery on teh same day. The male got to come home that day but the female had to spend the night. The male was still awfl oto her, even though he smeeled the sdame wasy the day before. Hope you're feeling better!

I ran my 7-miler outside yesterday! It was cold and breezy, but I was outside!!!! My path was clear and life was good. My pace was just ok, but I'm chalking that off to being sick earlier int eh week and the 50 pounds of clothing I was wearing. ;)

Have a great weeke everyone!

Good morning! I, too, dealt with snow and ice yesterday and my back muscles hurt (the rotation ones). I did get to the fitness center and did what I call a cardio circuit. 10 min on the stairmaster, 10 min on the eliptical and 10 min bike. I have a 65 min run today and I'll end up on the TM due to the ice on the streets. Yippeeeeee!

Heard via email from DH and DD in London. They went to the Totenham match against Watford yesterday and had a great time. They are in Paris today then back to London before coming home Thursday.

Cam: sorry your 5K was cancelled. I know you were looking forward to it.

Monica: have fun at work. Keep repeating that montra over and over (you will have fun at work...). There don't you feel better?

Vic: hope the drugs help. Rest and get better!

Mel: glad you got out yesterday. Would you please send some of that lovely weather north? We could sure use it.

Angie: hope DS is feeling better. Nope not fun at all getting sick at Disney!

For everyone racing, have fun and give us a report. Those sick, get better.

Christa - I'll try to work on Chad. But don't hold your breath, ok? The other obstacle we have is that Chad's unemployment runs out in July. So, he will have to get some job, any job by then. A vacation at the beginning of a new job might not be such a good idea. Then again, if something is already planned... ;)

I am sitting here in my pjs procrastinating again. It is so hard for me to get motivated and out the door. I think it has alot to do with having to drive to the Y. We got over a foot of new snow yesterday, so there's no way I am wogging outside today. On the upside, I have been guzzling crystal light (and only 1 diet coke) to get myself hydrated. I was awful yesterday and had only one glass of water all day - not good! I will report back when I finish those pesky 9 miles around the track.

Hi all! Sorry I have not been posting. But I've just been training & then doing nothing like that grocery store comercial implied ;) Let them wear a marathon mom's shoes for a while. Then they will know busy! (especially Christa & her OUT OF CONTROL schedule of things she does :lmao: )

I'm on track for my Minnie training so I will not have a repeat of last year. I have not had any light headedness during training so hopefully that is all behind me. Although we dont have the heat factor yet.

Its spring break week so I'll be entertaining 2 kiddos all week.

Vic-I hope you get to feeling better soon :wizard:

Cam-good job going to the gym even though your race was cancelled.:thumbsup2

Kristi-I'm proud of you for staying out of jail so far!! I'm looking forward to Chef Mickey's & Jellyrolls in a few weeks!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Colleen-Great job on your last minute race!And can I just say.....MINNIE, MINNIE, MINNIE::MinnieMo You definately have time to train for a 15k!

Mel-your pace is awesome!!!!! Is Kailey training for the Minnie too?

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to check the movie listings for later.

Congrats to everyone who competed or trained this weekend. I was just plain lazy, but hey, tomorrow begins another week. It seems like most the people on this thread are runners. Like Nancy, previous back problems mandate that I stick to walking. Are we posting in the right place?

Kristi-I'm proud of you for staying out of jail so far!! I'm looking forward to Chef Mickey's & Jellyrolls in a few weeks!!!!!!!!:woohoo:
Well, save the being proud until after Friday night! :dance3:

And have I missed it, or is Sunny MIA lately?

I am a mostly walker - you guys are definately in the right place!

Just another reason to live close to WDW....we can drive home if the kids are sick and don't have to wait around for airline flights.

Go ahead, rub it in! Where's that clocking-someone-over-the-head-with-my-stuffed-Mickey smilie? :lmao:

Cam-- Where in Delaware do you live? Would either of these work for you, a full marathon in Harrisburg, Pa www.harrisburgmarathon.com; and a half www.harrisburghalf.com;

Nancy – Thanks for the suggestions. I have to confess. I don’t perceive Harrisburg as very scenic! :rotfl: I am really hoping we will be going to Chicago to gather a penguin medal!

Congrats to everyone who competed or trained this weekend. I was just plain lazy, but hey, tomorrow begins another week. It seems like most the people on this thread are runners. Like Nancy, previous back problems mandate that I stick to walking. Are we posting in the right place?

You are definitely in the right place! This is a very diverse group -- everyone from new walkers to accomplished 8 minute pace marathoners. We are all here to support each other at whatever level we each get out there to get some exercise!
Angie – WOW! That martini sounds awesome! Yep, a bunch of us made an ADR for CM’s for Sunday night – since we’re not going in the parks at all I need a picture of me and my favorite mouse with my medal! :goodvibes

Christa – I hope your show went well!

Monte – Have a great day at work! I am heading in to my office shortly, as well, since someone sent me a project last night after 10 pm that should have been to me Friday!

Vic – Sending pixiedust: that you feel 100% soon.

Carrie – I give you a lot of credit for getting out there in the cold! thumbsup2:

Martha – How did you even have the strength to do that circuit after all the snow and ice shoveling you did? So glad Craig and Lesley are having fun!

Kristi – did you get to the track? Nine miles? WTH are you training for, a marathon? Seriously, don’t overdo it, sweetie! We don’t want you wearing yourself out. Oh, and good job on the liquids intake. I am working on that myself.

Tiff – I am so glad you are feeling good during your training! And hopefully it won’t be too hot on May 7. But at least we know we’ll be done before the sun gets too hot, right? YAY for CM’s and Jellyroll’s! I figure if Kristi thinks it’s a fun place, we may all want to start saving bail money! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter