Wk of Sep 3--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

DId 40 minutes for 2.89 miles, which I think is around 13:54 pace. I ran once for 3 minutes and a few of other times for 2mins each time.

Bill, while in San Diego you should drive over the bridge to Coronado Island. I use to live there in the 80's and thought it was beautiful...check out the Coronado beach, that should cool you off.

wfloyd said:
We made it to San Diego yesterday but this time change killing us. We are up at 3 to 4 in the morning and are ready to go. Then at night we want to go to sleep at 7. This may make it easier to get up early for DL.

I thought it was supposed to be cooler here but it seems just as hot as in Florida. :confused3 We went to the zoo and probably walked around the whole thing a couple of times. I probably won't get a run in today but the hill work here was enough of a workout. Especially carrying a 40 pound weight who is soooooo tired that he can not go any farther.

All the talk about the costs of hair cuts makes me now appreciate my $8. To think I was upset when it went up a dollar a couple of months ago.

Good job on all the training. I am going to try to catch up on people tonight if possible.

Bill

I went to check in on the Wednesday chat and it appears that we aren't having it tonight. Is there a schedule or are we just winging it - anyone know?

Hey everyone! I'm playing on our laptop from sunny San Diego - yea!!! I know I haven't posted much training news lately, but there's been a reason... Bill and I wanted to share our news with our WISH family - please see my ticker! :cloud9:

I am still planning on waddling through the family 5K at DL, but I'm hoping they are not too strict on the time limit! :blush:

I scanned through the posts, and everyone is doing great on their training! I'm headed back to read more. Bill is in the process of typing our trip report, so we'll see how much 'puter time I get... ;)

Well, I'd better start reading and get to bed. Tomorrow is Sea World San Diego, and I need sleep after today's adventure at the Zoo!

Take care! Looking forward to seeing many of you in a few days!!! :cool1:

--Lynnda

CONGRATULATIONS Bill and Lynnda!!!! What wonderful, exciting news. Here's WISHing everything goes well for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Lynnda & Bill- :cool1: Congrats on the news!!!!! And I do not want to hear that it is just as hot there. I have my heart set on the weather being better so that the race is more comfortable. Please tell me it aint so :sad2:

Matt-I think 10 is too much a week before the race, especially since you are still recovering from all those hills. Taper, taper, taper.

Cam-you're getting to be a speed demon :cheer2:

Jen-have a great time! We have a little pop up that we love. We havent been able to go out this year but hoping a weekend will free up sometime soon. Down here we can camp most of the year so we still have time.

Carrie-have a blast on your cruise!

Today is xt, going to the gym. I cant beleive I only have 2 sr & 1 lr before I leave for CA :woohoo:

I'll be back later to post for real, but just have to brag here. DS13 is singing the national anthem on FOX this morning here in Philadelphia with 5 other boys from his Academy Singers boys' choir!
I'll be at work later and posting but wanted to do the mommy-brag! :banana:

keenercam said:
I'll be back later to post for real, but just have to brag here. DS13 is singing the national anthem on FOX this morning here in Philadelphia with 5 other boys from his Academy Singers boys' choir!
I'll be at work later and posting but wanted to do the mommy-brag! :banana:

Woo hoo!

Bill & Lynnda - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Went out yesterday for 3 miles. I KNOW this last mile is wrong - Garmin must have been having a bad day. I did my 1 mile loop around my neighborhood 3 times yesterday. The first 2 miles were fine. Then when I got back to my house, Garmin said I still needed about another .25. Huh? :confused3 So, I did another .25 - but I KNOW that was wrong. But more exercise isn't necessarily a bad thing, right? ;) I was even doing w3.5/r1.5 yesterday - I usually do w4/r1. Weird.
13:00
12:47
15:29 :confused3
41:17

I also did go to the Bill Rogers running store at Fanueil Hall yesterday. I found a new fanny pack, big enough for a camera for DL next week. This is the neatest thing! They only had this one style in 2 colors at the store (and some fuel belts, but I didn't want that). The brand name is "Nathan," stitched right on the front of the pouch. Nathan is the name of my nephew that died this summer! Kind of a neat little way to remember him since he was also on the track team at his high school. (esp. since certain family members will NOT let us order the black "Nate #32" armbands they & every single solitary student at the HS, all have - which Chad & I wanted to wear in DL :furious:. But that's another story... )

Hey everybody! Looks like everyone is working really hard on training. 17 weeks from now we'll be getting ready for the big weekend. I did not run last night because I am a big girlie girl. I got my hair cut last night too, well trimmed (my hair is pretty long, comes down to my shoulder blades) and I got it colored--back to dark brown (tired of the blonde highlights), the girl who colored my hair told me not to wash it for the first 24 hours because it will make the color fade. I couldn't bear the thought of running, getting sweaty and NOT washing my hair, so I skipped the run. BAD, BAD, BAD!!! :teeth: By the way, it cost me $100 at the salon last night. :faint:

Bill and Lynnda--Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! party: :jumping1: That is wonderful news!! Here's some :wizard: for a healthy pregnancy.

Carrie--Have a great time on your cruise! I am very jealous, I would love to do the Alaska cruise, but we just can't seem to tear ourselves away from the Mouse.

Jen--Hines is definitely our baby and we refer to each other as Mom and Dad. Everyone in my family :rolleyes2 when they hear us. I would love to retire, but I think I have to wait until the real baby comes along to do that.

Dave--Are you ready for some football???!!!! I've already been harassed at work for wearing my Steelers polo. I work with some pretty bitter Bengals fans. By the way, you are fast!

Monica--Great job on your 7 miles!

Matt--Great job on the Peachtree. Sorry about the medal!! I would definitely NOT do the 10 miles this weekend, maybe do 5 or 6 at a comfortable pace. Like Tiff said, taper, taper, taper.

Melissa--I keep saying I'm going to get some padded shorts for the stationary bike. Could you see me on the stationary bike at the Community Center wearing padded shorts? I would look like TO (Terrell Owens) when he wore a racing jersey and a bike helmet on a stationary bike on the side of the field. :rotfl2:

Christa--I have an image of you on the treadmill, with the incline at like 80 degrees and hanging on for dear life. I think I laughed at loud. :rotfl:

aladdinsgirl said:
Dave--Are you ready for some football???!!!! I've already been harassed at work for wearing my Steelers polo. I work with some pretty bitter Bengals fans. By the way, you are fast!
:blush: Krista - you're very kind about the comment on being fast. Thank you. I'm not really fast, but I'm getting better. Just gotta keep putting in the steps.

Yes, I am definitely ready for some football!!!!! I slept in an extra hour today (instead of getting up at 5:00am) so I would be awake for the game this evening. I don't want to miss it. I plan on doing my run after work instead of doing it this morning. I'm excited for the game. I think the Steelers will be OK with Batch. Besides, I have Willie Parker on my fantasy team - so I'm hoping he will get more touches and have a huge day.

As far as the Bengals go, I have to say I can't stand them. I'm surprised Marvin Lewis doesn't have that team more under control. Why does everyone else in the Steelers division just seem like a bunch of thugs?

Krista - I keep forgetting to tell you, when my friend Kristi was here from Philly this summer - you came up! She was telling me about how she got some autograph of some former football player that is running for office. This guy was in her firm for some reason, and she was able to meet him and get the autograph for her boyfriend who was a huge fan of his.

Anyway, between that, and her & I going to see my boyfriend Johnny "Goo" - I asked her if she knew this football player Hines guy. She knew says that's her "football husband!" I told her about your pic in your siggie & your dog. Apparently, she has "husbands" from many different fields of work: football, baseball, rock star, movie, etc.

Ok, maybe this story didn't translate too well - but it was cute at the time...

Kristi--I love it!!!! Hines Ward is my football husband too. :love:

Dave--Thank you! I have been saying forever what a bunch of punks the Bengals players are. Everyone says I'm just jealous of Chad Lewis. Umm, no. Sure he has talent, but he has an even bigger ego and attitude. I'd love to see him try to play for the Steelers and carry on like that. Coach Cowher wouldn't put up with it, the Rooney's wouldn't put up with it, and the city would definitely not put up with it; he would have trash in his yard so fast!! (Gotta love Pittsburgh fans. :teeth: ) I just get so frustrated with all the fair weather fans who are only "fans" because the Bengals made the playoffs last year. Let's see what happens on Sunday when their defense can't stop Larry Johnson. Now I'm all fired up!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Hi everyone, I got up this morning and did a pathetic 40 minutes on the dreadmill. I hate getting up super early just to have a rotten dreadmill wog. Ughhh... then DDalmost6 had the worst tantrum this side of the Mississippi, and I am not coined the worst mom in Wisconsin. I just didn't deal well with her today.

So speaking of Wisconsin and football... well, I can only be a Packer Fan. However I have not followed them at all this year except that they STUNK in the last 2 pre-season games. For Shame!! Is it the new coach or just stinky plays????

Bill and Lyndda - Congrats on the baby to be! :goodvibes

Cam - Congrats to Ds. :thumbsup2

Krista - Yep. I've seen Invincible. Went the day after it came out. Now just waiting for the DVD :teeth: A friend of mine left yesterday to drive to P'burgh for tonights came. She was bummed that Big ben won't be playing.

Terri

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to report in that DS was wonderful this morning, even if I am a bit partial. All 6 boys sang beautifully and did their school proud. Sometimes I am so blown away when I hear him sing -- I like having him sing to me in the car and love hearing him sing around the house, but when he is in a performance situation, he is so "on"!

Not sure how I am going to fit in training between now and when we leave a week from tomorrow. :eek: Life is so crazy with DS's cross-country meet Saturday a.m., DD's first performance with the marching band Saturday night, and a birthday party Sunday about 90 minutes away. Howard and Jenn are already experiencing the huge challenge of balancing studies and life, and I imagine it will only get worse.

Getting my hair all chopped off tonight and trying to cover the grey. UGH! Then hoping to catch the new Toby Keith movie premiering at our local theatre. So, I did my 40 minutes last night and am taking tonight off. Everyone have fun with those speed/form drills! :teeth:

Bill and Lyndda - Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!

Krista- I dont blame you for not running and messing up your 100bucks (I mean hair). I was getting really scared reading your hair story. I was afraid that it was going to end w/ you sobbing b/c the hair cut didn't turn out!! I'm glad that was not the outcome! There is nothing like a bad haircut to mess up a girl's week! I dont think there would be anything unusual about wearing bike short in the gym!! The helmet might be a little unnessasary.

Cam - That is great about DS.

Today I did a 40mile road bike ride. It was nice to be away from the ticks and posion ivy!!!! Our ride out was slow and easy and then we realized that if we kept that pace there was not way that I could pick up the boy from preschool on time. We hauled on the way back!!!! I made it on time and was the 1st parent to p/u from the boy's class :goodvibes

Cam - Congrats to DS! That is sooo cool!!!

Lynnda & Bill - COngratulations!!!!

SOrry, only skim time again. :(

What a week! Just trying to keep my head above water. I did do my 40 min lsat night. OK time.

Jen - That's our typical winter here too. Last year was NOT typical, though. There was snow from Novembe rto X-mas Eve. At least we had good weather for the taper. :rolleyes:

Dave & Jen - We stayed in Iron River, about a half hour south of Mackinaw. DOn't know if I mentioned that we did the Mackinc Bridge Walk Monday or not. It's an annual thing for us, but this time we got to brag tha twe ran on teh bridge and were on the other side. :D

OK, must get back to work, but the server's been up for more than 5 minutes, so I thought I'd check in.

DRIVE-BY!

Football home opener this weekend, so I'm swamped. I wanted to wish everyone a great weekend and have great training runs!! (Or trips to Alaska, I guess.. ;) )

I'll check in when I resurface sometime Sunday....

Take Care all!
Happy training!
Kevin :earsboy:

PS: Bill and Lynnda: CONGRATS!!! :goodvibes

Quickie post... :moped:

5 miler this afternoon:
13:30
12:43
13:48
13:41
12:40
1:06:27

The first 2-3 miles are really killing me lately. My calves & shins are SO tight! And I am sooo tired out there. After those 3 miles, I could walk forever though. I am starting to not want to go out, knowing those first miles suck so bad. I have to force myself out the door lately. I am beginning to wonder if the lower leg pain is due to major sleep deprivation. Maybe my body's way of telling me I am not treating it well or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter