Wk Of Sept 1 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Hello all! LTO the past few days so I haven't read many of the posts. And this is a bizzare post from me, cuz I'm actually mid-run. DH and I started out this am at 6:30 for our 20 mile run--we did the first 11.5 and we were in sight of the house and I thought we should finish the 20 on the treadmill. It's in the upper 70s and 91% humidity!:scared1: It is soooo oppresive outside that it just made sense. And b/c we only have one TM, DH is going first--giving me a little break. The first 11 miles were pretty good--sub-10:00 miles including walk/potty breaks. don't know if the 4hr. marathon is in my sights anymore in 3 weeks, but I'm just going to enjoy the experience of DH"s first marathon

Good morning everyone!

3 miles last night. Nothing significant to report. These inserts are actually making my foot feel remarkably good. Glory be! :banana:

Just got back from the grocery. The DW and I swapped chores today. I grocery shop and she cleans the house. Maybe she's telling me something about my house cleaning technique. Isn't that the reason they created closets? :rolleyes1

I'll catch up with everyone later.

:)

Hey everybody--I haven't posted in a LONG time...life has seriously taken over the last month or so. I have just been busy with my summer job, then my summer vacation. Ironically, things are getting back to normal as school started again this week!

Today, I went out for a 7 mile LR and finished in 1:13, most of my miles were between 10:30-10:45, which is where I wanted them to be, so I am happy with my run.

Sorry about not catching up on this week's posts, no time right now, but I will get caught up this week!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hello WISHers!

Well today I was scheduled for my first double digit run since the WDW half in January: 10 miles. I decided to do my standard 5 mile out-and-back twice. I planted a Powerade at the 2.5 mile turn-around (trying to acclimate myself to it for the race) and had sport beans and water at my car for the 5 mile point. I started right at 7 a.m. so it was still relatively cool. One of my main goals was to keep right at about a 10 minute pace; sometimes I go too fast and it's hard to finish. I reached the turn-around at 25:29, so I was pretty well on target. After a bit of Powerade I kept the same pace to the 5 mile point and had 4 or 5 sport beans and some water. The next 2.5 miles I think I slowed up a bit, but I was still feeling good. I had some Powerade (yuck, but at least it sat well with me) and started back. I felt like I was plodding a bit, but when I checked my watch a quarter mile out I realized I could come in at 1:40 so I kicked it up a step (well, maybe just half a step!) and finished at 1:40!! I felt pretty good the whole time. No blisters, no soreness, good breathing. I am really happy and today is the first time I really feel like I can do 26.2 by January. Woo hoo! :banana: :banana: (I was actually thinking about the dancing banana as I finished - how funny is that!?!)

Renee - How old is your DD? Sounds like the did an amazing job with those 4 miles!! And don't worry, your not the only mean mom.
Dana - she's 14, a h.s. freshman. Luckily she realizes I'm mean sometimes because I love her!

Hope everyone's training goes well and you all have a great weekend! :)
Renee

Just wanted to post that both DH and I finished our 20 miles!:cool1: since he finished up on our tm I headed to the gym and finished there. I'm just very glad it's over. The 20 miler has been a huge monkey on my back, since last training I couldn't finish it. Now, Let the Taper Madness begin!

Just wanted to post that both DH and I finished our 20 miles!:cool1: since he finished up on our tm I headed to the gym and finished there. I'm just very glad it's over. The 20 miler has been a huge monkey on my back, since last training I couldn't finish it. Now, Let the Taper Madness begin!

Yeah Stephanie!:banana: I bet it feels good, all the hard work is behind you, now it is coasting to the start line.

I should consider breaking up my LR as well. I have a few nagging pains that I know stretching really helps. I ran 9 today and stretched after about 6 and it was amazing how the last 3 miles flew by.

Enjoy the taper!

Renee, awesome job on your 10 miler. Your pace was exactly the pace I ran this morning!

Yeah Vic, glad you foot is starting to feel better!

Shan, oh, it is so hard to lay off, but the rest will do you good. I was suppose to run 18 this morning, but needed to let my injuries heal, I did 9 miles and feel great right now, but it was soooo hard because I feel I am losing some endurance not doing the 18.

Dana, you once again had a great workout weeK!

Jen, I went to look for running skirts at Target today but they didn't have any. I still don't have one. I thought even if I don't run in them, I could always just wear them to the gym to do weights or elliptical.

Cam and Carrie, I am sure you two are having a great time today!:grouphug:

Oh Krista, I know exactly how you feel! A person really needs to take time off, I have needed a 3 month break after the Disney marathon the last two years. I rarely ran in Jan-March. Take care of yourself. We/I miss you!

Silversteve, I bet the Galloway run/walk method and marathon and nutrition/hydration was great to listen to. There is an article in runnersworld this week taking about BMI, so I went onto runnersworld.com to do the quick check and then I found a lot of great nutrition info.:)

Hi TEAM....just return from the "Kick-Off" meet with Team In Training and it was very inspirational. I am now at my half way mark with my fundraising ($2,085.) and have about $1,915. to go..whew! I love their moto which is: "Saving lives one mile at a time", isn't that neat? I haven't been walking since I'm doing my first full marathon on 9/30th (in Boulder, Co) and I don't want my PF to act up. Have a great weekend!:goodvibes

I am finally home from Soccer games, birthday parties, and taxing my DDs around! AAAHHHHH!

Stephanie - WTG to you and DH on the 20 miler!:cool1:

Renee - WTG on the 10 miles! You will totally be ready for the marathon.:banana:

WOW! I went and met Bree downtown to ride the "Booty Loop" this morning b/4 the taxi service for my DDs began. We rode 26.2 miles. :lmao: Isn't that funny?
Let me rant real quick!
The Booty Loop is a 3 mile loop that bikers LOVE to ride. It is all right turns and wonderful to ride. So this is area is the Meca for runners and riders on Saturday mornings. (THis is the area I do my LR in) There was a TNT group of at least 75 running this morning on the loop. They were on the correct side of the road, but they were running 3 and 4 wide in the road and there are wonderful sidewalks. THis is a 2 lane main road for traffic so ALL the bikers were having to swerve to miss hitting them. THey would not move!:headache: I understand the road is an easier surface to run on, but I do not understand thinking you can run in the road in the way of traffic (cars and bikes).:mad: It also would be safe if just 1 or 2 wide in the lane, but they were taking up the whole right lane of the road.
At one point I was coming up on them and a car was b/side me...I had no where to go and the runners saw me but would not move...and they could have. I swerved but almost ran into the car and runner (even though I slowed). So I yelled to the runners that they almost caused me (and bree, and 2 other bikers) to get hit.:sad2: They finally finished and everyone was safe again. I have nothing against the TNT group....but being a runner and biker, and understanding both aspects of being on the road, I just thought this was not a wise move and very rude and VERY unsafe!
OK, I am good now!

Went out and ran four miles this morning, pace was slow 11:something, but I was not pushing myself cause of my right foot and knee. It was a tad sore at first, then eased up. BUT, when I stopped running to do my five minute walk cool down I could barely walk! I am like limping now. OMG! If I started training back in April to do my first race (RFTT) and I can't do it I'm gonna cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm down to like four weeks. Watch, I've been totally committed and DH has been running here and there and he will be the one to run the RFTT and I'm gonna end up watching from the sidelines. OK, enough of a pity party for me. How is everyone else doing this morning? :lmao:

Shan, sorry you're having troubles! UGH, and with the RFTT so close! I hope that you will take a rest and see if you can still do the race. I understand your frustration at a possible DNS! My knee was giving me troubles too, and I was so worried that it was going to interfere with RFTT. :pixiedust:

I am finally home from Soccer games, birthday parties, and taxing my DDs around! AAAHHHHH!

Stephanie - WTG to you and DH on the 20 miler!:cool1:

Renee - WTG on the 10 miles! You will totally be ready for the marathon.:banana:

WOW! I went and met Bree downtown to ride the "Booty Loop" this morning b/4 the taxi service for my DDs began. We rode 26.2 miles. :lmao: Isn't that funny?
Let me rant real quick!
The Booty Loop is a 3 mile loop that bikers LOVE to ride. It is all right turns and wonderful to ride. So this is area is the Meca for runners and riders on Saturday mornings. (THis is the area I do my LR in) There was a TNT group of at least 75 running this morning on the loop. They were on the correct side of the road, but they were running 3 and 4 wide in the road and there are wonderful sidewalks. THis is a 2 lane main road for traffic so ALL the bikers were having to swerve to miss hitting them. THey would not move!:headache: I understand the road is an easier surface to run on, but I do not understand thinking you can run in the road in the way of traffic (cars and bikes).:mad: It also would be safe if just 1 or 2 wide in the lane, but they were taking up the whole right lane of the road.
At one point I was coming up on them and a car was b/side me...I had no where to go and the runners saw me but would not move...and they could have. I swerved but almost ran into the car and runner (even though I slowed). So I yelled to the runners that they almost caused me (and bree, and 2 other bikers) to get hit.:sad2: They finally finished and everyone was safe again. I have nothing against the TNT group....but being a runner and biker, and understanding both aspects of being on the road, I just thought this was not a wise move and very rude and VERY unsafe!
OK, I am good now!

I'm sorry you had that happen. There are good TNT coaches and NOT so good TNT coaches.

Sounds like that teams coach needs to brush up on their safety.

honestly I would take what you have posted and submit it to your area TNT office.

you can go to www.teamintraining.org to find the one closest to you as that would be the office responsible for that team.

i would definitely report it. Tnt is a great cause--but not worth causing injury to themselves or others.

I'm sorry you had that happen. There are good TNT coaches and NOT so good TNT coaches.

Sounds like that teams coach needs to brush up on their safety.

honestly I would take what you have posted and submit it to your area TNT office.

you can go to www.teamintraining.org to find the one closest to you as that would be the office responsible for that team.

i would definitely report it. Tnt is a great cause--but not worth causing injury to themselves or others.

Lisa that is a wonderful idea. I have tons of friends who are with TNT and think it it one of the mostest wonderfulest groups (added the est:) ). They have a wonderful cause. I see TNT groups running all the time and have never seen any of them doing this...so I was sort of surprised. I did not even think about there being a leader with them or even reporting it.
Thanks!:goodvibes I should have known you would have a good idea b/c you have trained with them b/4.

Good evening all!

Since I was feeling a little better than a few days ago, I went out and did a
5K at the track. I finished in 40 minutes exactly! :)

The 1st mile was probably the fastest time I've had since 1983. Couldn't keep that pace though. I was happy with the final time though. If I could average that pave at WDW, I'd finish the 1/2 in under 3 hours. That would make my day.
Here are my splits:
1st mile 12:48
2nd mile 13:00
Last 3.1 14:12 (I did more walking towards the end)

Tomorrow, I'm planning to do 4 miles and see how the body reacts to two days in a row.

For those doing the Philly Distance Run next Sunday, I'll be looking for you. I'm going to be working the event at oe of the music stops. The event folks contacted my work and were looking for some help, so I signed up. I'll be wearing my WISH visor. So if you see me, give a wave. If I can ID you, I'll give you a cheer! :cheer2:

Renee- Great job on your run!

Dana - you've had a busy week! I can only dream of times like yours. Excellent!

Dave - Love the quote!

GOOD LUCK LYNNE!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter