Wk Of Sept 1 - WISH Walking/Running Club

BAD NEW BAD NEWS!!!!!!!

So the convention that I have to attend prior to running the Full has moved forward a day..... NOOOOOO.... this means I have to try to find a one way flight from San Diego to Orlando on Friday before. Do you know how hard it is to find a decent flight out of San Diego???? That also means the 5K is out of the question and I am so sad for DH. We can still do the kids races on Saturday, but I am think that this trip may be a little more rushed and chaotic that I would like!!!

Judy and others.... Oh No, I wasn't worrying this time. I was trying to tell Mel not to worry because we are all in the same boat. Yes, I am a huge worrier, but I am not an obsessive worrier... or am I???? :confused3

Cam - Oh I am glad you are talking to Carrie. Tell her we miss her around here!!! Have a great meet with her, whatcha gonna do?? Now that Carrie is accounted for, we just need to find Krista and SWDave!

Me up to somerthing, surely not. I'm just being my sweet kind, blending into the background, self.:rolleyes:

Dave:hippie:

OK, someone else is obviously using your account.

:lmao:

Just picking on you, Dave! :hug: That's what you get for saying "No Princesses Allowed" to the Queen. :snooty:

:rotfl2:

BAD NEW BAD NEWS!!!!!!!

So the convention that I have to attend prior to running the Full has moved forward a day..... NOOOOOO.... this means I have to try to find a one way flight from San Diego to Orlando on Friday before. Do you know how hard it is to find a decent flight out of San Diego???? That also means the 5K is out of the question and I am so sad for DH. We can still do the kids races on Saturday, but I am think that this trip may be a little more rushed and chaotic that I would like!!!

Judy and others.... Oh No, I wasn't worrying this time. I was trying to tell Mel not to worry because we are all in the same boat. Yes, I am a huge worrier, but I am not an obsessive worrier... or am I???? :confused3

Cam - Oh I am glad you are talking to Carrie. Tell her we miss her around here!!! Have a great meet with her, whatcha gonna do?? Now that Carrie is accounted for, we just need to find Krista and SWDave!

Oh, Jen, I am sorry that a kink has been thrown into your plans. I really hope you can find a do-able flight and that plans fall into place.

Carrie is very busy with her new job, which sounds like a place where she is appreciated and treated with respect. :cloud9: But she is very busy and not on-line as much as she'd like. I will definitely tell her she is missed. She is coming to a nearby town for training next week and was willing to come a couple days early so we can visit. She has generously offered to help me pack! :love: I am hoping she'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll be packed by the time she arrives late tomorrow night, so that we can PLAY!!!! :dance3: Poor Howard will be mostly studying! :sad1: I can't believe he is actually trusting the two of us out of his sight much. :rolleyes1 Now that I think about it, he was VERY quick to agree to do our LW/R Saturday morning! ;)

Now that Carrie is accounted for, we just need to find Krista and SWDave!

And Sunny. And Melissa. And Colleen. And Cecilia. And Denny. And Dena. And Lynne. And Bree. and. . . and. . . Oh, the list goes on and on. Can I just tell you how relieved I was that we've recently heard from Anne and Sara? Don't these people know we worry about them? Geez, if they were our neighbors, we'd be knocking on the door with some pretense of borrowing a cup of gatorade to reassure ourselves! :rotfl2:

Cam - Oh I'm glad Howard is going out with you guys Sat am. :thumbsup2

Jen - Noooooooooooo! How far a drive is that?

I am back. I am back to training again too - I had a few weeks where I wasn't motivated to get out there or on the treadmill to do anything. Sad I know. But with the TOT in 8 weeks I figured I had to get my butt moving. Had a nice but boring weekend last weekend in the Florida Keys (no internet or TV) so I am still trying to catch up from that. I was able to take a few walks and got some awesome pictures of the sunsets so I will have to upload those and post them. Well that is all for now but I promise I will be back.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup2 I took your advice and didn't run today. I feel so guilty! I have also gained two pounds this week! :scared1:

Foot and knee still feels sore. I really don't want an injury for RFTT. I have been so excited about running my first race!

Hope everyone else is having a better week! :goodvibes

Hey everyone-

You all must get healthy! Tell those doctors to start earning their keep, and fix you right now! I'm taking a moment to think positive thoughts for our injured WISHers. :grouphug:

So back to me... ;) I actually ran outside TWO times in a row. I'm usually a TM person because I'm not real big on being outside... in the heat... with nature.

On Sunday I ran 3 miles on a sidewalk/road by a marsh (I had to jump over some little crabs- see, nature is scary and stinky). Then I ran down a block towards the beach, and as luck would have it, the tide was out so I could run all the way back on the beach!! The first mile on the sand was sooooo fun. Then I noticed the sand kicking up my legs, realized I was getting a blister, and got crazy hot. But I did make it back for a grand total of 6.53 miles. I tried a gel for the first time just to see if I could deal with it- seemed fine in a disgusting sort of way. Is it just me or does it feel wrong to add calories when you are running?!

Last night, I ran outside for about 30 minutes. I did 3.11 miles. Sweet! I even ran UP hills. Can someone explain to me how I was able to go down about 3 hills, but ran up at least 15? Shouldn't they even out eventually?! The worst part was that I was carrying my iPod in one hand and my water bottle in the other- I hooked my phone to my water bottle which got it out of the way, except when I tried to drink. Yep, antenna in the eye. Looking cool as always.:rolleyes1

Jen in GA

Jen[/B] - Noooooooooooo! How far a drive is that?

Judy????? From San Diego to Orlando??? 3 days-ish??? Remember, I am in Wisconsin, so driving to these places way tooooo long!!!! Are you being silly today or I am confused as to what you are asking!

Oh and Colleen is here, but on the MCM thread. She pops in here every once in awhile. I chatted with her last week about POP Century.

Cam - That is AWESOME about Carrie visiting. Poor little me lives in the middle of no-where. I do travel a bit, but never near another WISHer. OK, I think I need to re-arrange my travel schedule!!! I am booking all my winter travel locations right now and here is where I am going... October is Yakima, WA, November is Las Vegas, January is San Diego, CA and Orlando for Marathon, and Chicago, IL.

OK, I really need to get some work done.

Judy????? From San Diego to Orlando??? 3 days-ish??? Remember, I am in Wisconsin, so driving to these places way tooooo long!!!! Are you being silly today or I am confused as to what you are asking!

:crazy: It's probably work inducted looneyness today! :upsidedow

Plus I just really want you to be there. :yay:

Cam - I can't believe Carrie is coming to visit you & I will be kinda close, but not close enough. And won't have time to come crash your party anyway! :sad1: Please tell her that I miss her posts too. And that I think of her every time that Ok Go song or video is on! :rotfl:

If anyone's interested, Ryka's giving away 50 shirts/pairs of shoes daily for the next month.

http://www.ryka.com/goodforyoursole/index.asp

I think I need an intervention. I've promised my foot that we're not doing the Sarasota half this year since the full is a week late and I really need to rest. But my neighbor just registered...and he seemed surprised that I'm not doing it. So I started thinking about it........

Someone stop me!

Good evening everyone.

It's been WTO the past couple of days, but i did get some training in.

3 miles Tuesday and last night. Last night I road tested a new camelbak with a 70oz bladder. Felt pretty good. We'll see how it works as the mileage increases.

Sorry I missed a lot of folks.

Y'all take care.

:)

Erin and I are finishing week 2 of MFM walk/run marathon program. We will do our 6 mile LW this Saturday in Madison Wisconsin. We will also do our Monday w/r in Madison before heading to the airport to fly home.

It will be the first time we have seen Lynne in 6 weeks. She is busy playing with the kids still. She is in Seattle now and will be for 2 more weeks. She needs lots of good thoughts for a fast Ironman on Sunday.

If anyone's interested, Ryka's giving away 50 shirts/pairs of shoes daily for the next month.

http://www.ryka.com/goodforyoursole/index.asp

Thanks, I registered. You never know!

ETA- I tried Cliff's Shot Blocks today for the first time. :scratchin: It sure is an interesting texture, I'm not sure I like it. It stuck to my teeth, too. I'm going to look for sport beans or some other thing to use. Well, you never know til you try, right?

no speed run for me!

I knew if I procrastinated, it just wouldn't get done.

But on a positive note--I have cute baby pictures!!!

I will have to load them up tomorrow (if I have time!!!:eek: ).

They did one of baby boy where he grabbed onto a football....and since the "little" 5 month old wonder boy is slowly entering size EIGHTEEN month clothes :scared1: ---very appropriate picture. The kid is HUGE!!!

Acronym help--what is "WTO"??

housecleaner starts next Wednesday---that's only 6 days away. But who's counting????:rolleyes1 Oh yeah--ME!!!!!

I have a ton of laundry to fold. (they unfortunately don't do that, though I don't mind since I get all weirded out by other people folding my underwear!)

And I have a cruise to pack for!
(Did I here a few "oh, poor Lisa--she has it so stuff" comments?????:laughing: )

I will walk a mile or 2 on the treadmill tomorrow. I am establishing with a new PCP tomorrow. I had to fill out my paperwork.:eek: I wonder how he feels about marathons?:rolleyes1 :rotfl: I am hoping for a referral to some kind of allergy person. Whatever you call those folks. I had to list allergies and was like "I'm allergic to *some* dogs, but don't know which ones. I am allergic to *some* flowers but not others. Flower scented products send me over the edge even though I am not allergic to the same real life flower. And if I cut the grass, I am allergic. But if I just let it grow into a forest, I am fine." :rotfl: Please please please--put me out of my misery once and for all--send me for testing so I can solve a 2 decade old mystery!

Acronym help--what is "WTO"??

I am hoping for a referral to some kind of allergy person. Whatever you call those folks. I had to list allergies and was like "I'm allergic to *some* dogs, but don't know which ones. I am allergic to *some* flowers but not others. Flower scented products send me over the edge even though I am not allergic to the same real life flower. And if I cut the grass, I am allergic. But if I just let it grow into a forest, I am fine." :rotfl: Please please please--put me out of my misery once and for all--send me for testing so I can solve a 2 decade old mystery!
WTO - work took over (or something close to that)
LTO - Life taking over

Lisa, please find an allergist board certified in allergy!
Long story short, I went to an ENT that liked to give allergy shots to make money. He gave me the wrong shots WEEKLY for 3+ YEARS! I now have a wonderful allergist, am on alot less meds than I was thru the ENT & I am doing so much better. Apparently this is a problem all over the place - other types of docs doing allergy shots as a money making thing.

Kathy - I WISH Lynne lots of pixie dust for the Ironman. I am 2 hours north of Madison and the weather is "supposed" to be nice this weekend. The temps so far this week have been HOT and HUMID, but a cold front is coming through and they say the high for Sat and Sun is 70!! Let's hope the rain really does hold off for Monday. I will be thinking of Lynne since I am so close!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter