Wk Of Sept 15 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

I had 7 miles scheduled for today, but bagged it in favor of 5 since we were heading up to MK today. Had a good run...1:03:40 so a 12:44 pace. I've found the consistency I've always lacked in the R4/W2 interval...most of my miles are in the 12:40s, except the first and the last. My first is always slowest, but my last was 12:23 today :cool1: Currently on pace for a 5:45 full :banana:

Kristi...you won't believe this, but there was a pair on my doorstep, too! Unfortunately, they're stability shoes and I wear cushioned, but not sure that matters with my orthotics.

Cam...congrats on your 8 miles! :wizard: for your hip.

Bill...hey...havent seen you in ages ;)

Terri...don't you also get guys in tuxes putting the Tiffany bling on you at the end of the race?

Judy...do you wear a heart rate monitor when you cross-train? I bet that burns a LOT of calories :rolleyes1

Jen in GA...looks like you had plenty of time to warm-up ;)

Martha...good luck to you and Craig on your runs!

Kim...congrats on your LW! Get ready for some taper madness! :dance3:

Leana...glad to see you back. Great time on your 10K!

Check out the marathon weekend planning thread!

Good Morning Mel, morning WISH Team.

Since I have to take my Lady to the Minnie next year, I fired off an email to the agent we have at the dreamsunlimited travel. Robert heard that there was a special rate at the value resorts for $74 a night. Since this is a spare of the moment 10 day trip I thought we would try a value resort. A lot of the WISH team speaks highly of them.

The last Minnie and the first ever Tower of Terror race, how much better can you get, we are part of history. We even have a little Goofy stuck in there between. Now if I can just get my Lady to train.... she has Dentist trip on Monday and so hopefully Tuesday I can get her started.

Is anyone else getting this wonderful cool weather? We are 50s in the morning and 70s during the day. Life is good. That spell of day after day with a 100+ degrees was yucky. We are still having our drought, the fish in the lakes are getting sunburned.

Have an awesome day y'all.

Dave:hippie: (Who is staying out of trouble this week)pirate:

Nice run Mel, it sounds a lot like mine!

I did 8 miles yesterday (run/walk) at a 12:50 pace. It has been a while since I could hold that pace without busting my heart rate to near maximum. It must have something to do with the not quite as hot and humid weather down here near Houston. Now, if we could just get some real cool weather... Anyway, I was able to hold fairly constant for 8 miles, other than the first mile which was 14:27 (this is always my slowest mile and include a short personal trip into the woods...) the rest were between 13:03 (mile 4) and 12:07 (mile 8).

I had forgotten how quickly my October 10 mile and HM races were coming up, but I feel just about ready. I have been a bit concerned about finishing time for the HM, but I know I could have held the pace on yesterday's run for another few miles. So, for the first time in a while, I know I will be ready for that distance.

Dave, good luck with the value resort stay. I've always been more of a moderate and DVC stayer. Maybe when it is just the DW and I the value room will seem big enough.

Next race: Ten for Texas, October 13.

Good Sunday Morning Team!!!!!

Mel: Have a awesome day at MK!!!!!!

Dave: Minnie was alot of fun last year. We stayed at Music, not sure I would stay at that resort again at that time of the year as all the school bands stayed there. We didn't have any problems, but the pool was always full, line ups etc. But no noise complaints.

Tiberius: Congrats on your 8M!!!!!

Well after our LW on Friday, we hit our local regional forests yesterday for a few hours, then the apple orchard then the pumpkin patch....whew......then the family decided we should go glow in the dark bowling....I am surprised I have no aches and pains today. It was nice to just spend a day with the family with both kids with part time jobs we rarely get a day when everyone is off work.

Have a super day everyone!!!

Kim

Our kids are grown so we don't have a problem with the rooms being a bit smaller. We usually don't use the pool either, we did use the pool and the hot tub after the marathon to loosen up though. Since it's May we will be going to the Blizzard beach wave pool and the lazy river. Might even swin across the pool with the fish and baby sharks there to.

We usually eat in the Parks or other resort's restraunts so the crowds in the food court aren't an issue either. But if we are spending a $100 less a night for the room that will pay for our dinning in the good restraunts anyway.

Has anyone done a cruise where you go to a resort first and stay a couple of days, do they pick you up at the resort and take you to the cruise boat so you can leave your car on property and then take you back where you can stay a few more days at the resort before you leave for good?

Dave:hippie:

Good morning WISHers! Nice to see everyone getting their steps in! :cool1: :cool1:

I did get my 10 miler in yesterday, but I was expecting to feel better than I did. I did run about 12 min miles, which I am ok with but I just thought it would be an easy run since I ran my 20 miler last week. But, alas, I felt like I was working just as hard! Will it ever seem easier??? :confused3 :confused3

My miles didn't almost happen though.....life getting in the way. Family conflict in the morning, fall baseball game for the boys in the afternoon (and it was a LONGGGGG one), so my mileage came in the early evening. I didn't feel like running either.....sat in my car at the rail trail for about 15 minutes until I got myself together and got out there. Some days its hard to make myself go. I knew I wouldn't be able to get it done today, so off I went.

Have the say that the weather was perfect! Cool, breezy, and very pleasant. That was the up in the whole thing. :banana: :banana:

Hope everyone else is good!

Beth

Good morning Wish Team! What a great place to be on a fine, fine day! I love autumn and I love training in autumn!

Dave, we did a cruise out of Galveston, we stayed in a beach front hotel for a couple of days. They had a parking lot with surveylance and let us leave our vehicle there for free, they shuttled us to and from the dock!

Got to kick the training into high gear or all the other wishers will be partying at ToT and I will still be trying to finish.

Good morning WISH team,

Just checking in; no training today for me, as (L) achilles is a little sore.

Have a great day and a great week of training everyone! :wave2:

Good morning everyone!

What a beautiful morning. I got out the door at 0800 and it was 75 degrees, very low humidity, and not a cloud in the sky. A nice breeze blowing also.

6 miles at a 13:30 pace. Not where I want to be, but I was able to run the majority of the way, and that’s what I was shooting for. No significant foot issues to report, but I felt like I was running on cement blocks.

Mel – WTG with the 5 miler, and the pace.

WWDave – What’s up?

Tiberius – WTG with the 8 miler.

Kim – Glad you and your family had a great day yesterday.

Beth – WTG with the 10 miler, and having the “Want to” to get out there and get it done.

Steffwalks – Good luck with the training.

Steve – Hope the Achilles gets to feeling better soon.

Y'all take care. :)

I was totally going to bail on today's w/o:
1. Chad working, no babysitter
2. Y babysitting not open on Sundays
3. Can't bear to ask Mom since she watches Zack all the time.

WELL, this morning, my Mom calls me from her cell phone. She is in front of my house, has done 2.5 miles and wants me to get my butt moving and walk more with her! I then say "what about Zack." She says, "Dad's home." So, there go all my excuses! She walked Zack to her house while I changed into w/o clothes. :rotfl:

We did 4 miles together, almost all walking since I was dragging. We finished in 58 mins. - really pretty slow for me lately. I do think my asthma brought me down though. I spent Friday night and part of yesterday at my friend's house who has a cat. I am deathly allergic to cats, but for some reason, hers doesn't usually bother me. I did wake up in the middle of the night needing my inhaler - and that hasn't happened in ages. So, I'm thinking the cat did affect me this time.

Sorry for the drive-by. I have to go to my parents' for lunch & to get Zack.

Dave - still thinking about you! :hug:

Mel - eBay those shoes then, and make some $$$ for all those 'accidental' trips to WDW! That's what I am going to do if they don't fit me.

Sunny - where are you, hon? I am getting really worried about you! :hug:

Mel - Men in tuxes?? I didn't know that? I'll have to make sure I have my camera ready so someone can take a pic.

Dave - I llike the value resorts. I've stayed at AsSports and Movies and liked them both. Since I'm not in the room much anyway, the size doesn't bother me. If I wasn't a DVC member, I'd stay at All Stars a lot.

I had my 2nd good workout in a row. :thumbsup2 Friday was 4miles and last night was 5 miles. Finished in 1:07:38. I had a slight problem of my back tightening up around 3 miles in. I actually stopped for a minute to stretch and then finished. That was ggod for me because I always feel if I stop during a race, I won't get started again, so usually I won't stop. At least now I know I can stop for a minute and resume without a problem.:)

Can't remember if I asked this before. What part of the course is the hardest for you? Where is your "wall"? For the 1/2, I think it's that last uphill overpass before getting into the Epcot parking lot. So close, yet so far. I just want to be done at that point.
For the full, I hae two spots. After passing the Poly and turning down that road to go to AK (so lo-o-ong and boring) and the spot around mile 21 where there is a turnaround. If I can get past that point and into MGM, it's a load off my mind.

I worked the Philly Distance Run today. The weather was great! Cool enough, but not cold and sunny. They had a big crowd and everything seemed to go well. But I tink I'm switch my 6 mile r/w to a xt day today. I was on my feet for 5 hours, so I think I'll ride the bike and give my legs a little break.

Terri

Hi, team!!

I'm counting on you all to help me make this a good training week. Have to be accountable to someone! Just back from swimming and have a short bike ride. Will run about 6 miles tomorrow after work.

I'm envious of those getting some cooler temps. Still hot and sticky here, but you can feel that it is going to get better (by November! ha!).

per TEKs post, my tough spot in the full marathon is leaving AK for that long stretch to WWOS and back. That's where my legs fell off in 2004. I was prepared for that section, but my legs just were done. Then the mental stuff started.

TEK, you do tri, too, right? seems like I've seen your screen name by some tri posts in the past.

Happy training everyone!! :cool1:

IronZ - I've tri-d the Fla. 1/2 IM at WDW once (didn't finish):sad2:
I haven't given up on them though. As I can increase my endurance in each discipline, I plan on another. I want to do the 1/2 IM at WDW again (maybe in 2009) just to take care of unfinished business. My ultimate dream would be to finish the Hawaii IM!

Terri

Hey all. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. I'll post about my LR today in a separate post. But I wanted to share this with ya'll.

I just heard from my dad, and a daughter of a professor friend of his (and a past professor of mine) was killed last week while out for an evening jog. She was hit by a car. She was jogging on the side of the street, wearing non-reflective clothing, and using her iPod. She never heard the car coming and crossed the street right into it's path. So tragic! Please ya'll be careful out there! Be aware of what's going on around you--I want to see everyone in Oct/Jan in one piece! I'm an iPod user, but have heeded advice from other WISHers and only use one headphone, so I can hear cars/bikers/etc.

Okay, now for my LR report. It was an awesome morning! 55 degrees and no humidity! I haven't seen the 50s since probably March, and what a difference 20 degrees makes! I think I finally got to that place of Running Nirvana I've heard spoken of before. Didn't think it really existed, but found out it does!

I haven't posted much the past week, b/c I was a in a big funk after last weekend's torturous 20 miler. Running wasn't fun anymore and I was dreading every workout. So this morning was a "come to Jesus" run for me. What a difference a week makes (that and I only had to go 12 miles instead of 20)

Here are the details 12 miles in 1:46:58, 8:55 ave.
Mile 1: 9:08
Mile 2: 9:01
Mile 3: 9:12
Mile 4: 9:34 (walk break/Powerade)
Mile 5: 8:49
Mile 6: 8:48
Mile 7: 10:10 (potty/gu break)
Mile 8: 8:32
Mile 9: 8:30
Mile 10: 8:20 (OMG 1st time ever running negative splits!)
Mile 11: 9:03 (gu/potty break)
Mile 12: 7:44 (WTH!!!!)

I hope everyone else is enjoying nice weather--I'm gonna join DH outside and watch him mow!;) Sorry for the Debbie Downer post before, but I gotta keep my WISH family safe!

Can't remember if I asked this before. What part of the course is the hardest for you? Where is your "wall"? For the 1/2, I think it's that last uphill overpass before getting into the Epcot parking lot. So close, yet so far. I just want to be done at that point.
For the full, I hae two spots. After passing the Poly and turning down that road to go to AK (so lo-o-ong and boring) and the spot around mile 21 where there is a turnaround. If I can get past that point and into MGM, it's a load off my mind.

Terri

This will be my first half, so I don't have an answer, but I will be looking forward to hearing the answers. I was wondering this myself the other day when I was walking.

Mel & Kristi- congrats, I got an email saying I didn't win! But thanks anyway.

WWDave- our fav value resort is POP. We stay there often. We love it!

Wow, Stephanie, that's amazing about the jogger wearing the IPOD. What a shame! Thanks for the warning. I'm in a rural area, but I always try to keep aware of what's going on around me on the road, esp. when I cross. WTG on the 12 miler.

I'm all set for the RFTT and can't wait! 3 weeks from today.

Hey WISH Team,

I just want to report in after running the 2007 Philadelphia Distance Run. This was my first run ever and was pretty exciting. After training all summer in the miserable New Jersey heat/humidity it was a blessing to have 50-60 degree temps during race day with little humidty and lots of sun. I think there were 15,000 people running. They started off the race to the theme from Rocky which had everyone pumped. My knees were shaking and I shot out of the starting gate like I was coming out of the tunnel for an Eagles game.

I was back in corral #13 out of 17 because I anticipated a 2:15 race time because my normal training pace was b/w 9:00 and 10:00. I ended up finishing the race in 1:49:27 at a pace of 8:21! I was pretty psyched about the time and the way I ran.

Being in the back corrals at start time ended up being nice because it felt better running passed most people instead of watching people run passed me.

I felt extremely strong, mentally and physically, all race. I can see why you guys like to run because the adrenaline rush at the start, throughout the race, and at the finish is amazing.

I can't wait until Disney in January but now it seems so far off. More than likely I will run the Philly marathon in November because I can't see myself waiting 3+ more months to run a marathon.

I WILL stay on top of this thread this week.

Mel – WTG on the 5-miler! Hope you have fun at MK!

WWDave – Could you send some of that gorgeous weather our way? It’s still miserable here!

Tiberius – Great 8-miler!

Kim – Glow in the dark bowling? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Beth – Good job on getting those miles in!

SilverSteve – Hope your Achilles feels better! :wizard:

Vic – Great job on the 6-miler!

Kristi – That’s so cool that your mom will train with you! So much for having any excuse to skip out, eh?

Terri – Yay for two good workouts in a row!

Ironz – Where in TX are you? We’re in Austin, and yup, still miserable.

Stephanie – How tragic! I’m so sorry for your professor friend and his family.

Lourodrigis – Awesome job at the race! You were FLYING!

Well, my grand plan of at least getting some walking in got sidelined. I had the world's worst charley horse ever on Wednesday morning. I've had them before, and usually my leg will be a little sore the day it happened, and then fine the next day.

Would you believe that it was still sore until yesterday? What's up with that? :confused3 Never had that happen before.

It's better now, so once it cools down enough, I'm going to drag DH out and try to at least get a mile done. If we can do more, we will, but this baby has been a real energy-sucker, so I'm just going to aim for the mile. :)

Hey all, this is a quicky because I am tired. Yesterday I worked, but left early because it was quiet. I decided to run on the TM and the family went with me to the Y. They swam, I ran. I still can not run much outside because of the drama I live in!!! So, instead of worrying while I ran, I did the TM. My pace was 13:20, but that included my warm up and cool down, which brought my overall pace down. I was pretty happy with my run. This is the first long run since maybe May that I have not taped my foot because of PF. After my run I was a little sore, today I am fine. DH thinks that maybe the road/concrete running was irritating my PF, I am starting to think maybe he is right!!

Today I was at my parents picking produce out of their garden. They are out of town and we have already had our first frost!!! So I picked tomatoes, cucumbers and a few others things before they were lost. I also canned a pile of tomatoes this afternoon, I am just spent!!

Congrats to all the runs this weekend! I will try to catch up more later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter