Wk Of Sept 8 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Re: Aerosmith playing at the ToT party...taking into account what Aerosmith's personal reservation price is :-)) ) for playing any gig, do you REALLY think they will play this one? Come on, who are we fooling?

Terri: I want to hear more about the SF 1/2 marathon. Any race that runs by Ghiradelli is my kinda race. Do they hand out chocolate at that water stop? Not to mention that SF is my favorite city...ever run the Bay to Breakers? I've always wanted to run that but never have.

Consistent Kristi1357: you go girl!

Shame, shame, shame on all of you who are teasing poor, innocent, little Judy!! It's just not fair. Pick on someone your own size! Oh dear, now I've got a case of the giggles!!!! :rotfl2:

Much good luck to all those racing this weekend! Let us know how it goes!

Martha - according to the e-mail I got this is what's along the course:

coat check at mile 2.5 - Drop off running jacket and pick up at the end
oxygen bar at mile 6.8 (I may need this ;) )
Luna Moons electrolyte energy chews and Luna Bars @ mile 9
Jamba Juice banana station at mile 10.7
Ghiardelli Chocolate station at 11.9 (I believe they do hand out chocolate!)
Pedicare station at 13.4

Most of these stations are offered again later in the marathon course also.
Aid stations are every 2 miles and there will also be Gatorade Endurance Formula.

I'll give you more 1st hand info after the race.

Terri

Ok, how come I have a reputation now?:sad2: That darn Vic and mister wicked PatsFan Bill set me up.

We have some unusual refreshment stops for our local races here in Southern Ky.

Last month I did a race in Franklin Ky and the after race goodies was McDonalds Sasuage Biscuits and orange juice.

Our bigest race is the 10K classic in Oct, the after race goodie bag usually has a PeanutButter and jelly sandwich, a banana, a moon pie and a bag of chips. And all the Royal Crown Cola you can drink.

The half marathon is sponsored by the Ky Fried Chicken so yep you guessed it a chicken dinner box.

We do have a large bakery factory that makes all the store brand cookies and stuff so you usually get a cake or a pie if you place in the race.

One race in Auburn has a pig for the winning male and female runners.

But I can't complain because for a small town area we have a nice race about twice a month within an hours drive. One of these days I have to make the 5K in Morgantown, they have catfish for the after race eats.

Ok Judy here is your next question: In which parks can you get a turkey leg?

Have a wonderful evening y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Ok, how come I have a reputation now?:sad2: That darn Vic and mister wicked PatsFan Bill set me up.

We have some unusual refreshment stops for our local races here in Southern Ky.

Last month I did a race in Franklin Ky and the after race goodies was McDonalds Sasuage Biscuits and orange juice.

Our bigest race is the 10K classic in Oct, the after race goodie bag usually has a PeanutButter and jelly sandwich, a banana, a moon pie and a bag of chips. And all the Royal Crown Cola you can drink.

The half marathon is sponsored by the Ky Fried Chicken so yep you guessed it a chicken dinner box.

We do have a large bakery factory that makes all the store brand cookies and stuff so you usually get a cake or a pie if you place in the race.

One race in Auburn has a pig for the winning male and female runners.

But I can't complain because for a small town area we have a nice race about twice a month within an hours drive. One of these days I have to make the 5K in Morgantown, they have catfish for the after race eats.

Ok Judy here is your next question: In which parks can you get a turkey leg?

Have a wonderful evening y'all.

Turkey legs in all parks? MK & EPCOT.

you have earned your rep not given to you:confused3

Turkey legs in all parks? MK & EPCOT.

you have earned your rep not given to you:confused3

Where in Epcot can you get a turkey leg? I know in MK they are in the Space area. Where in Animal Kingdom might you find one and of course the MGM turkey leg sales is on the road going to ToT.

Earned? I'm the sweetest kindest gentlest person I know.:angel:

at least a couple of years ago, Epcot had turkey legs in the America section across from the funnel cakes.

I want to come do the race with the sausage biscuits!! :yay:

Wow, I went out with the dog this morning and Baby It's Cold Outside. It's 51 degrees with a wind blowing, burrrrrr, I think I'll put on pants and a long sleeve shirt this morning to walk.

Since I get blamed for everything I do, I'm going to behave today.:rolleyes1

We got our free custom Disney Park maps in the mail yesterday. They are nice and free.

Walking song of the day "Whip it" by Devo.

Have an awesome day y'all.

You can get a Turkey Leg in AK somewhere by the Lion King show I think. I know DH got one somewhere around there, because I was making fun of him.

So, got all ready last night for a local 5k this morning. Thought 7:30 a.m. seemed a little excessive, but only when I arrived to sign up and saw NO cars did I realize it was 7:30 P.M.!! I've never been anywhere 12 hours early.:rotfl: Came home to run and my iPod froze. Yes, I could have run without it, but between no race and no iPod, I was a little pushed.

Now we have to go out of town to visit DH's family (AGAIN). DH is already freaking out about how we just have to get there (why do you have to spend 48 hours with relatives? why isn't lunch and a walk on the beach enough?!) so I don't think I'm going to get a run in today. I'm going to do my LR tomorrow and move today's to my rest day on Monday.

I was all about color coding my calendar- you know, GREEN for completed workouts so I can wax in the glow...I have no idea how to color code this weekend! (Hey- I tried, so I don't think I should have to face red ink- maybe purple?!) I'm getting nervous about my family understanding the time committment- it's all fine and good when I can go during work hours and it doesn't have any effect on them, but the weekends are starting off badly... :sad2: ok, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Dave- I got my maps too-- they are very cool. I was thinking about getting some inexpensive frames and putting them in my little boy's room.

Jen in GA

WWDave: whip it gud!

Terri: pedicare station? Do they give foot massage? Oh I can't wait to hear your post-race analysis. Have a Ghiradelli dark chocolate square for me...and a mint one, too! When is that race?

Rainy here this morning and today is a rest day (finally) for me. DH is going out between the storms to get in a short run. I am scheduled to run 10 miles tomorrow and it's supposed to be picture perfect weather! Whee!!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Good morning team.

Sorry I have been MIA again, my computer time this week has beenchanging a bunch of reservations for my March break cruise....we decided to change ships and ports so lots of cancellatons and rebooks.

Hope everyone is doing great with there training.

Quick training update for me....

Last night I did my last LW before my 1/2 on Sept 30th 20K in 3:01:41. I am OK with that time as I think the atmoshere around me will make me go a little quicker. I am OK even on time for Disney's 1/2 so life is good. Little achy this morning but nothing the hottub won't fix.

Kim

WWDave: whip it gud!

Yea baby!

It was chilly this morning, especially after the intense heat, could that have been just a week ago? A week ago it was over 100 degrees and today it's 50 with wind. I dressed in a long sleeve under armor shirt with a Nike short sleeve shirt over it and unlined new balance running pants, addidis socks and Mizuno shoes. I guess you can't say I'm brand loyal. I could ave used gloves. Kim in Canada is probably thinking WUSS!.

I had a nice walk, first mile 13:43 to warm up then 2 miles at just under 12 min pace. I finally warmed up about 2 miles and then it felt very pleasent.

Go after it today Teampirate:

Well I got up this morning and my head and neck were aching a bit but I knew I had to get out there and get my run/walk in. I took some ibuprofen and and grabbed a towel and a water and took off. I must admit I did WAY more walking then running but I got out there and ended up doing 4.2 miles. On the way home I stopped at 7-11 to get creamer for my coffee and the whole thing took me 1 hour so 14.30 per mile but that includes the stop at the store.

Dave - I will have to order maps again - I ordered them once when they first came out - I have to check how often you can get them because I would really like to have special ones for this TOT trip.

While we are on the subject of free things.

When Erica and I were gift shopping at Downtown Disney, one of the cashiers gave us a 25% discount for using the Disney (Chase) Visa to pay. None of the others did and since this was the last time we checked out I didn't ask for it from any of the other cashiers. I was just glad Erica was done shopping.

Does anyone know about discounts in the gift shops? We fit most catagories, retired military, senior citizens, annual pass holders, mentally challanged, ect....

Any pennies saved when Erica is on shopping frenzy would be great.

In which parks can you get a turkey leg?

In addition to those locales mentioned above (and the turkey leg cart by Country Bear Jamboree in MK), don't forget the Toluca Turkey Leg Co. by Rock 'n Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror at MGM.

Martha - The Nike Women's Marathon & 1/2 marathon will be on Sunday, October 21st.

Can't wait to see the Tiffany Necklace!

Terri

Just jumping in real quick to say I did my 8 miles in 1:54:00 this morning. Around 700 calories burned. No running. My hip was bothering me and I am exhausted, so just getting up at 5:30 and getting to the gym at the start of a busy weekend seems miraculous!

Have a great weekend, WISH teammates! :hug:

While we are on the subject of free things.

When Erica and I were gift shopping at Downtown Disney, one of the cashiers gave us a 25% discount for using the Disney (Chase) Visa to pay. None of the others did and since this was the last time we checked out I didn't ask for it from any of the other cashiers. I was just glad Erica was done shopping.

Does anyone know about discounts in the gift shops? We fit most catagories, retired military, senior citizens, annual pass holders, mentally challanged, ect....

Any pennies saved when Erica is on shopping frenzy would be great.

At the World of Disney shop, if you spend enough (either 25 or 50 dollars) and use your Chase Disney Visa, you will get a 10% discount. At least that is what they had as a promotion for quite a while. None of the other stores in Downtown Disney or the parks seem to do this and I ask at all of them.

Bill

Ah well, training didn't happen today.:rolleyes1 We "accidentally" wound up at MK for the passholder preview of the Haunted Mansion. We even took Timmy on it and got a few stares from others but he behaved perfectly and was totally quiet, much better than alot of the other kids on it. Since I had to do the drive, I figured that I should sleep in the morning instead of the afternoon on the way back. It was fun but way way way too hot. We need some of that 50 degree weather that WWDave seems to be hogging right now. We did meet up with Mel and family and had a nice talk. We all agree that the changes are good improvements on the ride. I did get some walking in and a little hill work pushing the stroller around everywhere.

This week hasn't been good for training but next week is a whole new start and perhaps the rest will be good. That's my story and if I repeat it enough it will come true. Speaking of that (it was the topic last week), if you are able to get the comic strip Frazz, it is fairly cute and deals with training for races/triathelons. Some of the things are definately familiar.

I see that Judy is hiding today. Hopefully the queen didn't get chased into hiding for a while. Although if she is hiding with Charlie then perhaps it can be explained. :lmao: Just be careful, she can get on a horse and chase you down without much effort.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Bill

Mel - thanks for telling us about that Ryka contest for free sneakers. Guess what was on my doorstep when I got home just now? The sneakers I won from them!!!!
:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter