WL Honeymoon suite

kathy387

Mouseketeer<br><font color=teal>What ever happened
Can anyone tell me if these rooms are any different from a courtyard view? Also, are these considered part of the concierage part of the resort?

Kathy, I can't answer your question since I am an old married woman ;) , however, I can at least give you a link to our LaughingPlace's wonderful photos of the WL -- and in there are some photos of one of the "honeymoon" rooms: click here for WL photos.

Hopefully someone here can answer your questions.

Janey2K...thanx for the links! I too am an old married woman, we'll be celebrating our 16th Anniversary while we're there! When we go without our girls, we like to splurge on a litle more romance!

Kathy387, wow, you still have romance after all these years? (hee hee) I bet your stay will be wonderful. *Sigh*

I was looking at DU's webpage that is devoted to the WL. It had mentioned that there were 4 "honeymoon rooms" and 25 "junior suites." Within the past few months I think I have read that the "junior suites" are now called "deluxe" rooms. I just took a look at the official WDW website (WL Room Rates webpage) and can only assume that the "honeymoon" and "deluxe" rooms are also part of the "concierge" room category. A simple call to Disney could answer that for certain.

I looked into booking one of the "deluxe" rooms for my upcoming stay but was told that they were all booked up. I was disappointed to hear that so I will be staying in the Villa side of the Wiilderness Lodge instead.

We stayed in one of the 4 rooms on our honeymoon back in 2000. At this time they were not considered part of concierge (I think we paid like $290 a night for it), but its my understanding that they are now part of concierge as they are on the 7th floor.

There are 4 rooms total and they are on two sides of the lobby on the 7th floor. 2 face the MK and 2 face the Villas. We had a MK view which was pretty great!

The room is very spacious and nice - king bed, large tv/armoire. The bathroom is large - the toilet is in with the shower/tub/whirlpool. Its kind of awkward to step into the tub/shower as its a big step, but we worth having the whirlpool aspect of it!

Part of what we loved about the room was how secluded it was - with it now being part of concierge I believe there are tables right outside the doors, which I don't think I would like, but can't say for sure since I haven't stayed there since.

Hope that helps!

Melissa

Thanks for the help ladies! We just decided to go, need the room for December so I'm hoping there's atleast one left! Preferably the one with the MK view. I'm just waiting for Dreams to get back to me! We're taking the girls at the end of August to WL but we loved the way it looked at Christmas when we visited last year! So since we're taking two trips there, I'm reading everything that I can!

Glad to hear that you're using Dreams Unlimited Travel. I have used them a few times now and they have been excellent to work with.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to get one of those rooms. Congrats on the upcoming second honeymoon. ;)

Yeah, they are great! We've used them for our last 5 or 6 trips and we've never been disappointed! Thanks again for the help {loved the pictures!}.

We're normally anti-faxers when it comes to room requests, we just make our requests when we book, but this is one case where we did send a fax letting them know it was our honeymoon and which of the 2 rooms we wanted. I don't remember the numbers, but MK view would suffice.

As always - don't be disappointed as it can't be guaranteed, but just in case it wouldn't hurt to fax on this occasion!

If you do get placed on the MK side - you can see the castle from the small window in the shower - its kind of cool!

Melissa

MelissathePooh, you can see the castle from the shower? Wow! I take long showers as it is -- I would never leave the shower if it had a view like that!

If I manage to get one of these rooms, I'll definately request MK view! I collect crystal castles, all of the Disney snow globes but especially any with a castle on it! This sounds like it was meant to be....!

Hi! We were in one of the MK facing honeymoon rooms for our WDW wedding/honeymoon trip in August 2002. The trees are so high, that you can't see the castle at all now. But we could still see the GF, part of Space Mountain, and the Contemporary. The balcony was great - very private & secluded, and we had a beautiful view of the MK fireworks. And yes, that jacuzzi tub is nice and BIG :)
Cheers!
Heather W

Did you guys book your rooms way ahead of time? I'm just worried that since there's only 4 of these rooms and it's only7 months away that maybe I'm too late?

I think we booked about 8-9 months in advance.

That is a shame about the castle - I remember it was off in the distance and I had to stand on my toes since the window is higher up, but it was really neat!

Melissa

I have a question. When we stayed there the WL didn't have concierge yet, so those four rooms were the only thing on the 7th floor. It was really secluded and at the same time right above everything in the lobby - that was the coolest thing about the honeymoon room, to me.

I noticed that you stayed in 2002, hmp2z, and I'm wondering if the concierge that is now on the 7th floor takes away from that secluded sort of feeling - it looks to me like there are tables and chairs set up right outside those rooms, and I think that must take away from that feeling.

Another thing. I think these are the most special rooms in the wl, but don't make a mistake thinkng that they are suites - they are booked through the suites people, and they are concierge, but really they are just one room. The room seems a little bit larger than typical wl rooms, though, but it may just be because they have only a king bed. Also, the ceiling is a little dormored, and it added to the quaint feeling of it. The bathroom is neat, with a whirlpool tub, but I've seen on the internet that sometimes people find that tub uncomfortable - it didn't bother me, but it was a high step in. And as Melissa said, you can look out at the castle while you shower. There is a special niftyness factor with those rooms, but don't go in execting a big suite or anything.

DR

Yes, there are tables set up near the Honeymoon rooms for concierge guests to eat at.

The deluxe rooms do not come with concierge service but I wish they did.

Does anyone know if there are any deluxe rooms on the 7th floor at the end of the wings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter