WL/Poly/BWV -- decisions, decisions!

2_infinity

Earning My Ears
Ok, so if you had asked me last week where we were staying I would have said "The Polynesian!" I should have quit researching then. :rolleyes:

I've heard wonderful things about WL. It looks beautiful. I've heard some not-so-wonderful things about WL bus transportation. Has anyone been lately to give me a report on how the buses were?

Oh, and there's the Boardwalk Villas too (by renting DVC points). That area looks nice. I like the close proximity to Epcot and MGM.

What do I do?? :confused: Here's what I'm thinking, bear with me. We were originally planning a trip in Dec 2003 (that may change, give or take a month, but that's another post ) Would the whole theming of the Poly be lost/wasted in the possibly chilly Dec weather? Does access to the monorail make up for that? I'm imagining the cozy WL would be perfect that time of year. I'm just not thrilled about the bus transportation reports I've read/heard.

We've planned a couple of nights plus one full day at Epcot, since it's open the latest during our stay. The proximity to the BWV sounds appealing.

What would you do?

BTW, we'll have a 5 yo and a 2.5 yo if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much. I appreciate any help I can get.

All 3 of those choices are good choices --

If you're leaning tword WL though, and considering renting pts for boardwalk, you may want to consider renting pts from a dvc member to stay at The villas at WL instead of the regular hotel section at WL. The resort is wonderful but I stayed at the reg.WL in just a regular hotel room this past Oct.and it was quite small. So the Villas would definetly be more comfortable and roomy and you are still at the WL to get to use the pools,resturaunts and everything. We had no problem with the bus service but were there at a different time of year than you are planning to go so that may have been why. The boat service to MK and the Contemporary was great too.

BWV's are a great choice too as it is so convienient to practicly everywhere and the accomodations are spacious. If you plan on going to Epcot alot as you mentioned, you can't beat the location.

And the Poly is always a favorite, if you're leaning tword the WL though, my vote would be to rent pts from a dvc member and stay at the VWL. Have fun deciding!

I think that your best bet at that time of year with two little kids (who will definitely be most interested in the MK) would be renting points from a DVC owner and staying at WLV. We went last January with our two kids (who were 6 and 3 at the time) and they loved the WLV. It was great having the mini kitchen (fridge, microwave, etc.) and all the amenities of the WL at our fingertips. We had a fabulous room overlooking the quiet pool and lake (with a view of the electrical water pageant at night!) and the walk over to the main hotel wasn't too bad at all. The bus situation was really no worse than other properties we've stayed at during the past two years (BWV, BCV), and it's great being able to take the boat ride to the MK and Contemporary.

I really like the BWV as well, but I think that might be more fun during warmer weather. It was pretty chilly when we went last Jan., and the atmosphere of the WL was better suited to that time of year, imo. I've also seen the holiday decorations at WL, and if I were going in Dec., I would definitely opt for that over BW... You can't beat the roaring fireplace and enormous tree!!! :)

When I was a kid, my mom took me and my brother to WDW and we stayed at the Poly. I LOVED that place! When I went back a few years ago (Spring 2001), however, I was really disappointed to see the state it was in... It felt like they hadn't rehabbed it since the 70s! I know they've finished the pool since then and have renovated some of the rooms, but I think it's not as impressive as WL (which would also be less expensive!)... JMO, but I would never stay at the Poly again, despite the fact that it's on the monorail.

Hope you and your kiddies have a great time at WDW, no matter where you decide to stay! :)

Take care,
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter