• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WL room request help

FzesandTylersNana

Chaos's Mom
My husband and I will be staying at WL this Dec. We will be spending a lot if time at the resort and love the lobby. I understand some floors have nice sitting areas on them. Also with the construction that is in progress we would like to have as little noise as possible. Any suggestions for our room request?

You might want to check out the "Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Information and Questions" thread. I'm sorry I don't have a link but it appeared under "Resorts"; it was a favorite thread of mine before our WL stay last November. There's also a WL Expansion thread full of good information. It's changed tremendously since our stay and I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Our room was in the South Wing (close to the Villas) and that entire area is now closed down due to construction. The WL is FULL of nice sitting areas and quiet spots and you're free to venture over to the Villas lobby which is also full of "quiet areas" as well as a lot of history and, as the lodge is, beautiful. Check out the elevator doors and "railroad history". One of my favorite outdoor quiet areas was behind the Trout Bar. BEAUTIFUL place to watch the sunrise.

P1040057_zps0nnq6rjr.jpg

Just don't let the first geyser eruption of the day scare you like it did me! :rotfl2: I was sitting there peacefully, enjoying my morning coffee, when the ground starts shaking and I hear this rumble that keeps getting louder and louder :scared1:...(this was our 3rd stay at the Lodge) and I finally remembered...THE GEYSER! :rotfl:

P1040053_zpshtm7qq7d.jpg

It is beyond beautiful decorated for the holidays! Worth a little extra noise from construction to see this beautiful lodge decorated for the holidays! Being there the week before Thanksgiving, we had the extra treat of actually seeing all those decorations go up! We returned from DS around 11 PM and the lobby was filling up with boxes and equipment...by 7 the next morning, it was decorated! DD and I stayed awake until 2 AM watching them put the tree together! :yay: What a treat for us!

P1030312_zpsiipuiprk.jpg

Good luck in finding your perfect room! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter