WL Standard Rooms

nicolem

Mouseketeer
I know the WL standard rooms typically overlook the parking lot or rooftops, but does anyone know of any standard rooms that have a slightly better view?

So far I haven't been able to convince DH that we need to upgrade ...I know requests for certain floors or wings aren't always honored, but I would love to at least try to improve my chances of a good view.

Request a standard room overlooking the lobby. It may still look out over the roof from the balcony but when you open your door to exit, you will be looking at the lobby. Also, I believe there are rocking chairs outside those rooms so you can sit, listen to the music and people watch in the lobby. Plus, (a little inside info) if you request bunk beds (1 queen and a set of bunks), it is possible you will be upgraded at check in since these are the popular rooms and are gone quickly. We requested this and was upgraded to Courtyard view.

We had a standard room at the WL December of 1998. I cannot remember the room number but I believe it was on the 4th floor (???). The room overlooked the loading dock area, the smokehouse and woods/pond. At night we could watch the MK fireworks from our balcony. The view was fine. My only complaint was we heard the "beep, beep, beep" throughout the night of trucks backing up to the loading dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter