WL to FW jogging path?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Has anyone run on the jogging path between WL and FW? (I'm not talking the nature trail in back that is sandy, but the one that is near the bus stop.) Paved the entire way? Is it pretty easy to follow? Or will I get lost? :sad2:

Thanks Robert. Is the start of it easy to find? Like is there a sign that I'm on the right sidewalk? I'm gonna have to do four runs on that trip.

Hi Shan....I have run that path and I'm super directionally challenged so if I didn't get lost...no way you will. I ran from WL to FW...then got my additional miles in running around FW. If you need to find another run...just to mix it up while you're at THE WORLD....I'd recommend the BW to MGM route. You can get some decent mileage running around BW and then down the path to MGM. I love that one :goodvibes .

Good luck with your training in WDW...I've had to train there twice before and if ya' have to run...might as well be in someplace cool like Disney!!!

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thanks Robert. Is the start of it easy to find? Like is there a sign that I'm on the right sidewalk? I'm gonna have to do four runs on that trip.

You won't have any problems at all. It's the only paved bike path around.

I agree my fav is the BW/MGM run.

Shan - It is just a tad tricky finding the path when starting at FW. I ended up running around Mickey's BBQ and Judy's stables a little before I found it.

FW is great to add some miles though. Little traffic, generally shady. Even a few water fountains if you know where to look.

Have fun.

Thanks guys. :goodvibes
I will be in training for my first half - not too far into it so my LR won't be that long. I've run before on the Disney cruise and at the Poly so I know I can do it, I think. :rotfl2:

OK, I'm finally getting around to making some plans for our NYE trip based around our ADRs I made a million years back. Looks like I might need to run at night at least once. Any thoughts on this at WL? Is that path lit and if so, would you consider it safe? Would it be better for me to drive over to the Poly or something and run between there and the GF? :confused3

OK, I'm finally getting around to making some plans for our NYE trip based around our ADRs I made a million years back. Looks like I might need to run at night at least once. Any thoughts on this at WL? Is that path lit and if so, would you consider it safe? Would it be better for me to drive over to the Poly or something and run between there and the GF? :confused3

The pathway between WL & FW is lit as are the running/bike trails in FW, I just don't recall the lighting being what I would call well lit. Plus since the pathway loops around in the forest and all campgrounds seem to look the same you could get a little confused as to where you are. Though if you are landmark oriented its not all that bad.

Since you are considering a night run and possbily driving, go to the BWV and run the loop there. You can add the in and out to Dis.Studios and have a blast doing it. Though the time of night would dictate if it is posbile to run the sidewalk to the studios. If you are attempting to run within 30 minutes of the studio's close, avoid the loop out to the studio. You can still get some great miles in and around the BW and Crescent Lake.

The next best place is running at OKW. The resort loop is a nice run but add the nature trail to DTD and you mileage opportunities grow. The trail is little travelled and is lit. There are signs statiing its only open during daylight hours but I have never been challenged on the trail. Just beware that early in the morning the trail is used by golf course workers and you will not be on their mind. Their trucks and mowewrs are gas engine driven so you will hear them well before they get near you.

I have run at all three places in the dark and all are enjoyable.

Thanks Charles. I know the Epcot resort area well. I guess I'll go do that on my night run and keep the WL and FW trail for my day runs. We'll see how committed I stay. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter