• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOC Virtual Queue Pass

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
I wanted to share what the VQ pass looked like. Pretty easy to get at 12pm.

Odd that you can choose Blue or Yellow section. Not sure how that works or if the Blue and Yellow sections are the same as they were before.

Pass states to arrive 45-30 minutes early. I would probably recommend 60 if it's anything like it was before. Especially if you want a spot against the rail.

Screenshot_20220426-120027_Disneyland.jpg

I wanted to share what the VQ pass looked like. Pretty easy to get at 12pm.

Odd that you can choose Blue or Yellow section. Not sure how that works or if the Blue and Yellow sections are the same as they were before.

Pass states to arrive 45-30 minutes early. I would probably recommend 60 if it's anything like it was before. Especially if you want a spot against the rail.

View attachment 665050
Which section is the one right up front in the "splash zone"?

We got there about 45 minutes before at 8:15pm (the VQ becomes scan-able at 30 minutes, which is when they started letting people in). We were about in the middle of the line, and we opted to avoid the splash zone and stay in the rear. We were only behind one row of people against that back rail.

I also would advise at least 60 minutes before show time if you want front/rail viewing and it is important to you.

In fact, if it is a top priority for you, I would probably be in the general area 90-120 minutes beforehand so you can glance at the line, grab a bite to eat, and quickly jump in when it is an acceptable length for you.

We got there about 45 minutes before at 8:15pm (the VQ becomes scan-able at 30 minutes, which is when they started letting people in). We were about in the middle of the line, and we opted to avoid the splash zone and stay in the rear. We were only behind one row of people against that back rail.

I also would advise at least 60 minutes before show time if you want front/rail viewing and it is important to you.

In fact, if it is a top priority for you, I would probably be in the general area 90-120 minutes beforehand so you can glance at the line, grab a bite to eat, and quickly jump in when it is an acceptable length for you.

We did the 120 minutes be in area plan - eating some QS snacks and riding Mermaid. It worked out great - we had a spot at the front rail, just to the left of the main splash zone. We were WCT dining package, and I think we ended up getting in line closer to 90 minutes than 60 minutes, as soon as I saw it forming.

We did this wait with a lot of kids - 2, 5, 7, 9 and 11 on that trip, and previously we'd done something similar with 2, 5, 7, and 9, time before that was 6 months, 2, 4, 6 and our first time we did the wait with infant, 2, & 5. One of the years we had the light up Mickey Ears which was fun, but in general we would play I spy with the kids, checkout disney trivia on the phone, the kids would run around a bit and sing and dance, or rest sitting on our laps while we waited. It is definitely doable, even with ansy little ones running around. I think it helps if it comes at the end of a day they have walked a lot! We also always brought blankets to sit on while waiting, as well as water and snacks. And inevetiably we had to do at least one bathroom break.

Which section is the one right up front in the "splash zone"?
The sections seem to be the same as they were before, but it seems you aren't limited to a particular line as you were before. So theoretically, you could peek at both lines, then pick. I have no idea which section the "red" section on the thread is included in....
This old thread has a map from before.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-best-world-of-color-viewing-spots.2655956/

Blue is almost entirely "dry," while Yellow has access to closer "good" viewing areas, but much of them are wet. So I would say if you want to get drenched, choose yellow. This is where I viewed it in 2019, and it was awesome. This time, I'll definitely be packing ponchos, because while being wet during the show wasn't terrible (for me, my sister had a harder time, and lots of the people around us left early due to wet/cold children). But, I was quite cold walking back to the hotel. Even in July, the temps dropped quite a bit after the sun went down.

I had a train wreck of a time getting virtual queue over the weekend and yesterday but I seem to be in the minority. They disappeared in seconds so I wouldn't say it's "easy" compared to FP in the past or the afternoon pull of Web Slingers when that had Virtual Queue.

Right now, you can freely pass through the sections and your code won't load until a certain time. This confuses so many people so they're constantly asking CMs about when stuff will happen.

Yesterday, the areas weren't full at all and the CMs were playing games with the yellow section queue. So people who were waiting would get told they couldn't wait and then all of a sudden, some CM decided they were in control and started scanning people which caused a crowd around them. Eventually, other CMs squeezed their way in to help scan but they were holding people in that holding area until half an hour before the show which makes no sense to me because it takes up over half the paradise garden walkway.

I don't get why they took a fully functional process and then introduced something that's worse. But then again, Disney seems to love doing that lately...

I had a train wreck of a time getting virtual queue over the weekend and yesterday but I seem to be in the minority. They disappeared in seconds so I wouldn't say it's "easy" compared to FP in the past or the afternoon pull of Web Slingers when that had Virtual Queue.
I had the same experience when I tried on Monday. Virtual queue was "not available" yet, and then gone in the next. It was still 12:00.

Was hoping to see it earlier in our trip to replace our dessert party reservation, but at least we have a fall back plan.

Last edited:
Tried VQ for WOC today.
I needed a VQ pass for the second show, but the system does not tell you what show you will get.

So I decided to give it a couple of minutes and by 1203 they were sold out for the day.
I will just get first a mailable next time and ask the plaid CMs to change it for me.

Does Disney not question all possible scenarios before launching? Or do they just not care about the guest experience?

Cannot wait for the Fantasmic VQ system which will probably release at the same time each day making it hard to book Fantasmic and World of Color on the same day.

Tried VQ for WOC today.
I needed a VQ pass for the second show, but the system does not tell you what show you will get.

So I decided to give it a couple of minutes and by 1203 they were sold out for the day.
I will just get first a mailable next time and ask the plaid CMs to change it for me.

Does Disney not question all possible scenarios before launching? Or do they just not care about the guest experience?

Cannot wait for the Fantasmic VQ system which will probably release at the same time each day making it hard to book Fantasmic and World of Color on the same day.

On my days, they were sold out in less than 30 seconds. I agree with the strategy of getting anything and asking a CM to change it. I used to do that all the time when they had Paper FP.

I think Disney either doesn't care about guest experience or they're incompetent. IT issues, ride breakdowns, the reservation system, the list goes on.

I think people will have to double wield for Fantasmic + WOC. If you are in a group, one person does Fantasmic and another does WOC. If not in a group, maybe bring an extra phone.

So tricky not to be able to pick which show time you get. (If you are quick enough to get one at all!)
Does anyone know if you are assigned the first but don’t make it, will they let you in to the second?

Logistically it can be pretty hard to see F! and WoC on the same nights so maybe they legit don't have it in mind as something people do 😅. Sometimes I really wonder how much the decision makers know about how people ACTUALLY tour the parks.

Logistically it can be pretty hard to see F! and WoC on the same nights so maybe they legit don't have it in mind as something people do 😅. Sometimes I really wonder how much the decision makers know about how people ACTUALLY tour the parks.

I remember an interview years ago where the executives said they want people to be forced to choose one night show rather than do them all both for crowd control and so they end up going for more days and spending more money.

They know it's what people want to do but they'd rather guests not do that.

I remember an interview years ago where the executives said they want people to be forced to choose one night show rather than do them all both for crowd control and so they end up going for more days and spending more money.

They know it's what people want to do but they'd rather guests not do that.
Would not doubt your interview, but at the same time they are okay with charging you bank for park hopping and limiting the park hopping to after 1pm.

How hard has it been recently to get a VQ for WOC? I only have one night to try to see it.

How hard has it been recently to get a VQ for WOC? I only have one night to try to see it.

Tested it out last week. Purposely waited 15 seconds and still got the first showing. I then cancelled it, joined again and got the second showing.

That's good news!

How did you test it? Do you need to have an AP?

Tested probably wasnt the right word to use. I was in the park and specifically wanted the second showing so i delayed in joining and once i got the first showing, I cancelled it to get the second showing.

Tested probably wasnt the right word to use. I was in the park and specifically wanted the second showing so i delayed in joining and once i got the first showing, I cancelled it to get the second showing.
Thanks! Very happy to hear it worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter