Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Express on the DDP?

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
The Express looks like a great value on the DDP for a CS and we have always enjoyed the food here in the past. But my question is concerning the Cafe, are there exclusions for the plan? I don't mean trying to add lobster or anything but can we order anything from the menu? I thought I had read about there being exclusions here.

We ate at the Cafe last week, on the dining plan.

The waiter said that sushi could not be orderd as an appetizer, but could be selected as the entree and with another appeitizer.

He said we could select any entree including the daily specials and then any dessert.

It was great.

This sounds good, we were wondering the same thing.
We have ADR's in May for WGP. Good to know that we can order about anything we want. Thanks. :thumbsup2

I just saw on another thread that they could only get pizza and a cookie when they were there in October. Has anyone else experienced this? This was on our list for May because DW isn't really a burger person so I thought the pasta options would be a great idea.

When I used the Dining Plan at the Express, many items on the menu were not allowed. I know all the pasta dishes and many other meals were excluded. If I remember correctly, they said I could only pick a pizza or a sandwich (plus a drink and dessert). Since the pizzas are really good, I didn't really mind too much. I was surprised though, since there was nothing in the informational booklet that indicated there would be restrictions at the Express. Also, the cashier didn't exactly seem thrilled when he heard the words "Dining Plan".

We had the same experience in Dec. The mgr. was ticked when I said dining plan. :confused3 Also as of April 1, the cafe will no longer be part of DDP. Didn't say anything about express though.

Actually the cafe is not part of DDE, not DDP as of 4/1.

I'm rethinking our plans to eat at the express this summer. I like their pizza, but don't really need the hassle if they don't like people using the DP there.

Just wanted to add our experience, we went to Wolfgang express, and the waitstaff could not have been nicer. We were given many choices, allowed large bottled juice instead of coffee, and had a side with our HUGE breakfast platters. Guess it could just be the timing, but we have never been treated badly on any of the Dining Plans over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter