Woman Fakes Cancer to go to Disney

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
Wow,
This is why nothing I hear about about how outragous people act at Disney ever suprises me.
What insane things people do to go makes you shake your head.
Why would they act any better once they are there.:sad2:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38626560/ns/health-cancer/?GT1=43001

Another example...I know a person (thankfully not family) that lost their job last year....so they cashed in their 401K to take a trip to Disney.
All for 1 week at POR.:sad1:

Nevermind acting outrageous just to go to Disney, how about acting outrageous in general in the first place? Why would anyone fake something so serious like having cancer. I'm sorry but I am absolutely disgusted that someone would actually think about faking having cancer. That is just plain sad.

What do these people think - their lies won't catch up to them?

I dunno, if cashing in your 401(k) only pays for a week at Disney, then you have WAY bigger financial problems than that bit of fiscal mismanagement!

For those of us who do have cancer and are paying our own way to go to Disney (or pay for treatments or whatever), these people who "fake it" to get something for free just make me :sick:. They want sympathy and attention!! I think most of us would rather be healthy and anonymous than have the horrible disease and have attention because of being bald and ill looking. Well, I could go on - but I think I'd better end my rant and let my blood pressure return to normal :lmao:

I live in the area and she was in court yesterday and was denied bail until sentencing. It looks good on her, none of her friends are behind her and she was upset because no one in her family went to court and want nothing to do with her. She is the reason why some people hesitate to give because there are people who are just so despicable. I just lost a grandmother to cancer and this makes me sick.:sad2:

What was she thinking? Doesn't she have a conscience?
Just disgusting and very sad! :sad2:

Really truly sick! I read that she was talking to a 9yr old girl who was also battling the disease, but one day she disappeared and made it looked like she had lost her battle and passed. How sick?!? How could you do that to the poor little girl? This little girl is now doing a fund raiser.

I really cannot understand why someone would fake cancer, especially after watching so many of my family members fight the battle, so sick!

This totally sickens me! My mother, by the grace of God, is still with us - a two~time cancer survivor. While I love Disney, I would never, ever consider pulling such a stunt. This would should be ashamed to face anyone after doing this!!!!!

Let's take a look at the bigger picture here...this was not a stunt to get to Disney, that was only part of the whole "scheme". She raised a lot of money for her fake charity and had everyone thinking she was dying. When everyone says this is sick, they are correct..but what it really means is mentally ill. I feel sorry for this woman's family, friends and benefactors that have been affected by this. But, this woman needs help..anyone who is willing to starve themselves, shave their head, eyebrows and pluck their eyelashes to look like a Cancer patient needs mental help. A trip to Disney is the least of everyone's problems IMHO.

I dunno about that. This sounds like a con job, plain and simple. And like most con jobs, for all the effort this woman put into it, she probably could have made the same amount of money in a legitimate job had she the desire.

Let's take a look at the bigger picture here...this was not a stunt to get to Disney, that was only part of the whole "scheme". She raised a lot of money for her fake charity and had everyone thinking she was dying. When everyone says this is sick, they are correct..but what it really means is mentally ill. I feel sorry for this woman's family, friends and benefactors that have been affected by this. But, this woman needs help..anyone who is willing to starve themselves, shave their head, eyebrows and pluck their eyelashes to look like a Cancer patient needs mental help. A trip to Disney is the least of everyone's problems IMHO.

Agreed. This is not a "normal" person, scamming the world for a trip to Disney. This is someone who clearly has mental health issues. This isn't someone using a wheelchair to get to the front of the line. Read the article. She wanted to be noticed. She wanted attention. There's WAY more going on here than scamming people for a trip. She wanted to feel important and cared for. She needs help.

:earsboy:

I dunno about that. This sounds like a con job, plain and simple. And like most con jobs, for all the effort this woman put into it, she probably could have made the same amount of money in a legitimate job had she the desire.

This started with a benign tumor found in her breast...this is how Munchhausen By Proxy starts with Moms and Dads and caregivers of children..not much difference here, just that she faked her own sickness. This is one of the reasons why we have to be careful on punishment...does she need to be incarcerated or does she need to be put into a mental health facility?

I dunno, if cashing in your 401(k) only pays for a week at Disney, then you have WAY bigger financial problems than that bit of fiscal mismanagement!

Actually, this is not an uncommon thing. quite a few people who lose their jobs blow their savings. Evidently shrinks think people have 2 reactions, one is to hunker down and prepare for lean times, the other is to blow what you have thinking it's only going to get worse, so have a bit of enjoyment now. People that saw their retirements disappeared where reportedly known to blow what was left on lifetime trips to Europe etc.

Wow,
This is why nothing I hear about about how outragous people act at Disney ever suprises me.
What insane things people do to go makes you shake your head.
Why would they act any better once they are there.:sad2:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38626560/ns/health-cancer/?GT1=43001

:

Very sad. I think she's got a lot of issues going on, to even fake having cancer to get attention.

My brother had cancer. Why didn't we get a free trip?! We had pretty convincing pictures of him bald without having to shave his head.

Sick, truly sick.

Wow. Words just don't even describe how disgusting and despicible this person is. As someone who watched my father take his chemo treatments (for real) it's not something to throw around lightly. The brave people that fight this horrific disease are my heros. The battle you fight is like nothing that people can even imagine.
So, to fake it.... you're spitting in the face of every cancer survivor. Disgusting.

But Karma is a wonderful thing...it will come back to her and bite her in the ............ :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter