• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Baja Cruise October 8th 2017

Hello, happy to be joining this cruise. I will be traveling with my youngest DD (11, by cruise date). 2017 will be her last year in year-round school and taking advantage of her final October off-track time. Unfortunately, we will have to leave DH and older DD behind this time. This is our second cruise. Our first was the Inaugural Fantasy Memorial cruise to the Caribbean in 2012 with the whole family. Excited to be sailing again. We live just south of Sacramento, CA. Looking forward to meeting you onboard and also participating in FE, Mixology, ornament exchange, and whatever else might get set up.

ROLL CALL

1. Disney4me31

2. disneydiane61

3."Got Disney" Robin 56, Billie 62(DH) Michael 19(DS)
Cabin # 2604
Dining: Late seating
From San Diego, ca.

4. chgfan21 Diane(46) DH Jack(48) DS Trace(12) DS Zack(7)
Cabin #s
Dining:
From

5. sarahbearra
6. sarahsmom02 Kelly (48), DH Sophia (11) --these are cruise date ages
Cabin #1074
Dining: Main (early) seating

Hello!

We just booked our 1st Disney Cruise and we are SUPER EXCITED!!! My husband and I are part of a crazy family of 30 who will be traveling together. We (2 of us) are very interested in the FE, Mixology, and Cabin Crawls. Looking forward to making new friends and making the most out of this adventure.

We are in Stateroom 6052 and late Dining.

...so how does this FE work? Cant wait!!!!

welcome aboard :) sarahsmom02 and Cadelario Camacho :)

Candelario...there is a link on page 2 about the FE and how it works :) also if not there I will post a link on how to make or buy an FE :) I just have to hunt down the link for that :) 30 people...WOW how exciting!!!! I know this is your first cruise but is it everyone else's in your party as well?

sarahsmom02...lol...thanks for making it so all I had to do was copy and paste your info to place on page 1 :) I remember when it was that time of year where it would be the last time that the kids had their October break..I have also cruised without older DS and DH being just me and my younger DS...it really was nice...thought that I would miss the other 2 way to much but nope...we were just fine...lol...after all we were on a Disney Cruise :)

please check info to be sure that I have the right info...perfect I'm not and sometimes I make errors in names and info...also if you are celebrating any anniversaries or anything :)

as we get closer more and more will come in...no one in other site made yet so we will stick here at least for now...i like chatting on the DIS anyway :)

I cant wait...Im a Disney addict and if I go longer than 2 years for a cruise I start to melt...lol...when this cruise comes it will be a bit less than 2 years...our last one was Oct as well last year near the 22 ...may a bit later cant remember...for some reason Im thinking that we sailed at Halloween...the adult costumes were really good and the adult costume party and contest was really fun....my BFF and I stayed up all night partying...my 19 year old was like...Mom why didn't you check in like you tell me to...I was about to go out looking for you....OOOOOOPS....lol......he had a taste of his own medicine....

will not be dressing up for pirate party or the Costume party...but will enjoy everyone else...to much time to get ready for what I would like to dress up as :)

so who is still hanging around here? any new info you would like me to add at this time :)

Last edited:

For the FE there are a number of ways to go about it...but the main thing is you make what is called a FE(Fish extender) there are many ways to make them or buy them as well. I made mine and it has lasted for years and looks great and I didn't sew it one bit! :) you attach it to the fish (hence fish extender) outside your cabin door and people that are in the FE place gifts in them :) does not have to be anything fancy or expensive....can buy or make individual gifts ;adults different from kids...or a family gift....you can google pictures of Fish extenders to get an idea...here is mine...

hmmm came out small will have to figure out how to fix that :)

100_1489-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] you cant see it but each pocket has a name on it....Billie top Mickey, Im Tink,Branden and Michael are pirates...I made this with not one stitch...all fabric glue....and the stickers are stickers used for photo books...they stick great and got them at Michaels arts and crafts store....the red bags are small canvas bags glued on...they backing is fabric and iron in quilting stuff from fabric store....the names are iron on names...so easy...Mickey buttons are just sticker buttons as well...

Last edited:
I wish our cruise was this October...its been a year in October since last cruise but feels like 10 years...lol.....I really need me a Disney fix...may have to head over to Disneyland soon ")

welcome aboard :) sarahsmom02 and Cadelario Camacho :)

Candelario...there is a link on page 2 about the FE and how it works :) also if not there I will post a link on how to make or buy an FE :) I just have to hunt down the link for that :) 30 people...WOW how exciting!!!! I know this is your first cruise but is it everyone else's in your party as well?

sarahsmom02...lol...thanks for making it so all I had to do was copy and paste your info to place on page 1 :) I remember when it was that time of year where it would be the last time that the kids had their October break..I have also cruised without older DS and DH being just me and my younger DS...it really was nice...thought that I would miss the other 2 way to much but nope...we were just fine...lol...after all we were on a Disney Cruise :)

please check info to be sure that I have the right info...perfect I'm not and sometimes I make errors in names and info...also if you are celebrating any anniversaries or anything :)

as we get closer more and more will come in...no one in other site made yet so we will stick here at least for now...i like chatting on the DIS anyway :)

I cant wait...Im a Disney addict and if I go longer than 2 years for a cruise I start to melt...lol...when this cruise comes it will be a bit less than 2 years...our last one was Oct as well last year near the 22 ...may a bit later cant remember...for some reason Im thinking that we sailed at Halloween...the adult costumes were really good and the adult costume party and contest was really fun....my BFF and I stayed up all night partying...my 19 year old was like...Mom why didn't you check in like you tell me to...I was about to go out looking for you....OOOOOOPS....lol......he had a taste of his own medicine....

will not be dressing up for pirate party or the Costume party...but will enjoy everyone else...to much time to get ready for what I would like to dress up as :)

so who is still hanging around here? any new info you would like me to add at this time :)
Hello! Thank you for information. Yes, 30 of us. One family has cruised before but they like to do their own fish extender participation. I'm all about getting to know people and having fun with it all. Is this group part of the Facebook - October 8, 2017 Baja Cruise Disney Wonder? Looking forward to being of the FE exchange. Please let me know what additional information you need. Thanks!

My almost 3 year old grandson asked my husband, aka "Papa", if he could go on the "Big Mickey Boat". Papa, of course, said yes...... First grandchild. So here we are. DH and I will be in a balcony cabin. Our Grandson, along with his mommy, daddy and new sister due September 2016 will be next door in an Oceanview cabin.

This will be Disney cruise #5 for me. We are looking forward to spending the whole 5 days on the ship and have no plans to disembark. We are Disney fans. I worked at Disneyland for 5 years, have had annual passes for decades and many WDW trips under my belt as well.
So happy that the Wonder is staying on the West Coast for a while after Alaska. Only a 90 minute drive to the port for us and and an hour for daughter and family.
Looking forward to watching this thread grow. Would love to participate in FE and Christmas Ornament exchange.

Well, it has been 3 months since I first posted and thought I would check in. First, I want to thank "Got Disney" for taking the reins on organizing this board and all that eventually will go with that stewardship.

For more details we are Diane and Jeff in cabin 7516 and we will have 4 year old grandson in our room to sleep at night, while mom, dad and new baby (due in 3 weeks) will be next door in 7514. We are from Redlands CA and daughter lives in Menifee. We have first seating. Yeah!! and booked on opening day. This will be Disney cruise # 5 for me. Last one was just DH and I on the Fantasy for a week. We upgraded at the port ( Learned the tricks to do so on the Disboards) and got a 1bedroom concierge cabin. So much fun!!! This will even more fun, because we will have our grandkids with us.

We have done FE's in the past on a few cruises and would love to do it again as long as the groups are not too big. I would love to make autograph pillowcases ( on day 1 or 2 if you turn in a Pillowcase with Sharpie Markers in a ziplock bag with your cabin number, they will have the Disney Characters aka Cast members sign the pillowcase and return it to your cabin. It makes for a great souvenir) for my FE and can see myself making 10-15, but not 20-30 or more. I would also like to suggest a candy free FE group or groups, IF, this is going to be a Halloween on the High Seas Cruise. There is only so much candy you want in your cabin, especially on a 5 night cruise. Again, would love to do a Christmas ornament exchange. And would be happy to organize this. Looking forward to watching this board grow in the next year.

Well, it has been 3 months since I first posted and thought I would check in. First, I want to thank "Got Disney" for taking the reins on organizing this board and all that eventually will go with that stewardship.

For more details we are Diane and Jeff in cabin 7516 and we will have 4 year old grandson in our room to sleep at night, while mom, dad and new baby (due in 3 weeks) will be next door in 7514. We are from Redlands CA and daughter lives in Menifee. We have first seating. Yeah!! and booked on opening day. This will be Disney cruise # 5 for me. Last one was just DH and I on the Fantasy for a week. We upgraded at the port ( Learned the tricks to do so on the Disboards) and got a 1bedroom concierge cabin. So much fun!!! This will even more fun, because we will have our grandkids with us.

We have done FE's in the past on a few cruises and would love to do it again as long as the groups are not too big. I would love to make autograph pillowcases ( on day 1 or 2 if you turn in a Pillowcase with Sharpie Markers in a ziplock bag with your cabin number, they will have the Disney Characters aka Cast members sign the pillowcase and return it to your cabin. It makes for a great souvenir) for my FE and can see myself making 10-15, but not 20-30 or more. I would also like to suggest a candy free FE group or groups, IF, this is going to be a Halloween on the High Seas Cruise. There is only so much candy you want in your cabin, especially on a 5 night cruise. Again, would love to do a Christmas ornament exchange. And would be happy to organize this. Looking forward to watching this board grow in the next year.

Hi Diane :) Nice to see that you are still on board:) and glad that you are not upset that I started moving forward with info for us all :) as for the pillow cases or any other autographs being left in the begging and having returned to the cabin at end they are no longer allowing :( they stopped that last year.....it was a sad day :( Oh I will add your info by tomorrow :) and anything else that you might like me to add to this thread...since you started it :) Im just the copy and paste person...lol... for all of us..

I cant post the link because it it is from another web site but here is the just of it....
Disney Cruise Line Discontinuing Onboard Mickey Mail Character Autograph Service in August
Posted on July 27, 2015 by Scott Sanders193 Comments ↓

Disney Cruise Line will soon phase out their onboard character autograph request (Mickey Mail), a popular and unadvertised service offered via Guest Services across the fleet. For those unfamiliar with the service passengers could bring a pillow case, photo matting, autograph book or any other item along with markers to Guest Services. A request could be made to have specific characters sign the items during the sailings. On the last night of the cruise the items would magically be returned signed to your stateroom during turn down service.

Discontinuation of the Mickey Mail character autograph request service will begin on all new Disney Cruise sailings embarking after August 7, 2015. The ship by ship discontinuation is as follows:

• Disney Dream – August 7, 2015 | 3-Night Bahamian Cruise – Itinerary A from Port Canaveral
  • Disney Fantasy – August 8, 2015 | 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise – Itinerary C from Port Canaveral
  • Disney Magic – August 10, 2015 | 5-Night Mediterranean Cruise – Itinerary B from Barcelona
  • Disney Wonder – August 10, 2015 | 7-Night Alaskan Cruise – Itinerary A from Vancouver
Additionally, it is being reported by those calling into DCL that only autograph books will be signed during character meet and greets.

It appears DCL is not prohibiting these items from being signed during character meet and greets. However, this could change without notice.

Agree with the candy for the FE.....maybe we can pull a vote from all involved :) Not sure if it was this thread otr the other I started for the 22nd( yes was on that one first than changed to this one) where someone said they wanted to organize the ornaments or something or other....Im happy with anyone doing it :) and look forward to joining it...may not do the FE but will definitely do the ornament exchange :) :) :)

I started one but not many there...someone else may have started another....

Hello to everyone. My name is David, I have been on a total of 10 Disney cruises in my lifetime. I am a U.S. citizen who now lives in Mexico in the beautiful port city of Ensenada. If anyone needs some friendly advice related to Ensenada or Mexico in general please feel free to ask, I am more than happy to help my fellow Disney enthusiasts. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

ROLL CALL

1. Disney4me31

2. disneydiane61

3."Got Disney" Robin 56, Billie 62(DH) Michael 19(DS)
Cabin # 2604
From San Diego, Ca.

4. chgfan21 Diane(46) DH Jack(48) DS Trace(12) DS Zack(7)
Cabin #6133 and 6135
Dining:Main(early) seating

5. sarahbearra DS (11) DD (9) DD(6) DS(4) + parents

6. sarahsmom02 Kelly (48), DH Sophia (11) --these are cruise date ages
Cabin #1074
Dining: Main (early) seating

7. Melinda Browning
Cabin # 6052
Dining: Late Seating

8. Candelario Camacho
Cabin# 6052
Dining: Late Seating

9. MiaCristina Christina 44, Adam 47, Mia 10
Cabin# 7134
Dining: Early

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter