Wonder - October 24, 2004

We'll be there!

My two sisters and a co-worker are coming with me. I'm calling it the "Girls Week Out" or "Sisters Run Amok" tour.

This will be my 5th Disney Cruise and the first cruise ever for everybody else.

Dizney-cruiser,

Maybe you should try adding your cruise date to the "Cruise Meets" thread at the top of this page. It's a great place to locate fellow DISers cruising with you. It's a way to make some friends before you cruise and possibly to have some pen pals for the kids before you sail!!

I am sooooo sorry!! I thought I was on the other threads section until I clicked out!! I'll just go back to minding my own business. For some reason I was unable to delete this message. SORRY AGAIN!!:rolleyes:

Anyhow, Have a great cruise!!! We loved the Wonder!!!:)

It's all good, EmmasGrammy. It was nice of you to want to help.

Yes, we will be aboard this cruise! It's our first and we are all soooo excited! We are doing the land/sea package. Traveling with 2 boys, ages 10 and 6, and my parents. Our 10-year-old is hoping to make a friend before setting sail. Anyone here have kids this age?

:jumping1:

DH and I will be there! It's the first time we've gone on vacation alone. Usually we go with LOTS of family members.

Looking forward to this one!!!

Just booked my 3rd cruise, (1st on the Wonder) bringing my DS12 (also his 3rd) and 2 friends 5ys & 3 yrs. Their first time cruising and first Disney experience. I am soooo excited. Anyone out there cruising w/o a spouse? My DH is stuck at home this time around.

We're all paid for!!! I put down the last $637.40 this morning. Nothing like waiting to the last minute, eh?

Anybody else put themselves through the same torture by waiting until the very last day to make your final payment?

BTW, in the same spirit that others on the board have announced that they are doing the "document dance" and "single digit dance" I'd like to announce my own variation. It's called the "my bank account is empty dance!" But it's GOOD kind of empty. I'm completely okay with it!

We're going!! My dh and I will be there with our sons, 3 and 5. Also cruising with us are my parents, 5 siblings and their spouses and the other 13 grandchildren! We can't wait!!

Since I found these boards months ago, I am the unofficial (only) information gatherer / answer finder for everyone. I am so excited. I can't believe it is finally getting close.

Okay, if my math is right, that's a total of 29 people!! Wow!

Welcome aboard! But you'll understand if I try to NOT get behind you all at the buffet, right!

hello all!

well, i didnt get the "official cruise documents" yet, but yesterday i did get the package to schedule all excursions!! did anyone else get that?

i have already paid for the "romantic package" so im just waiting for the official stuff to get here so i can schedule my palo reservatons and massages!!

see you all soon!
:earsgirl:

I haven't received my official shore ex info, yet. But I went ahead and booked a banana boat ride at CC for my group over the phone. I had a blast when I went on it in May, but the rest of "the girls" don't know what there in for.

Anymouse, Your math is correct, but I was wrong. There are 13 grandchildren Total, so there will be 26 of us. None the less, a large group!!

Don't worry much about the buffet, LOL. We won't be moving around as one large group all the time. We'll be lucky to get one meal with us all there. I actually don't think there is any chance we'll have a dinner with all the kids there at the same time since we unfortunately got the late seating.

We are having a private reception, so that will be great to have a room to ourselves for a while--with a bar!

As for papers, I haven't gotten anything!! I am jealous and will now be checking my mail hourly. Haha. Since my kids are little, I am not planning any excursions. What is everyone else planning?

Wow, I have not gotten any doc's yet either, but did book shore excursions through TA. Doing the dolphin excursion in Bahamas ( not the swim with, kids too small) and then the snorkeling on Castaway Cay with DS12 and ther glass bottom boat with all of them. (12, 5 & 3). Wishing I had time to do the kayak tour too, went in March and it was Wonderful. On another note, just found out we are going to get to go to the parks fo ra few days before we sail. SOOOOO excited, it will be the DS5 & DD3's first time on both. WHOO HOO!!!

Originally posted by dizney-cruiser
well, i didnt get the "official cruise documents" yet, but yesterday i did get the package to schedule all excursions!! did anyone else get that?

i have already paid for the "romantic package" so im just waiting for the official stuff to get here so i can schedule my palo reservatons and massages!!

Well, we did get the excursions booklet last week (and had been looking online as well), but now I'm confused! Can we make Palo ressies when we receive our "official papers"? I thought we had to wait until we boarded the ship and made a mad rush to make the ressies?

JJsmama, your family renuion cruise sounds like a fun time!

Amymouse, we were considering the BBoat ride, but our DS6 can't go. Something just two could do while the rest do something else? However, we want to go parasailing, and may do that instead (I know, he can't that either :( ) Too many choices!

fleshju, anyone who books the "romantic escape at sea" package (REAS) can book their Palo meal ahead of time. But the rest of us "poor slobs" have to wait until after we board. We'll receive info when we check-in that tells us when and where. It's usually at 1 or 1:30 and reservations go fast.

I'm not sure what to recommend for activities at CC. I usually just enjoy the beach and crystal clear water. I've done both the parasailing and banana boat rides. I had an absolute blast on both!

Originally posted by amymouse
fleshju, anyone who books the "romantic escape at sea" package (REAS) can book their Palo meal ahead of time. But the rest of us "poor slobs" have to wait until after we board.

Aha, now I'm not so confused (my DH would beg to differ of course) ! :crazy: Thanks for clarifying and I guess I won't worry about that until we get there then.

We are looking forward to parasailing and are just trying to talk DH into it too! Our DS6 and his grandparents will hopefully have fun watching! I'll put him in charge of pictures.

Thanks, amymouse!

hey fleshju!

i read that it is a good idea to get one of those disposable underwater cameras and take that up there with you and you will get some great shots of castaway cay!

im debating if im brave enough to try this too . . .

Yes! Yes! Yes! I got some great pictures from my parasailing adventure using a diposable camera. My favorite shot was one that I stuck my feet into. Just picture 10 painted toes with the very blue water way, way, way beneath them.

Another parasailer and I also handed off our regular cameras to each other before we each went up for our "flight." That way we could have pictures of ourselves up in the air on our own cameras. It worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter