Wonder versus Harmony family with teens

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5 (teens aged 19, 16, and 14) planning a summer cruise and trying to decide between the Wonder and the Harmony. They seem pretty similar but can anyone recommend one over the other?

Haven't sailed on the Wonder yet, but have done the Harmony a few times, along with sister ships Oasis and Allure. I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other (even the Wonder) because there are really only little differences.

You might want to base you decision on more abstract things like departure port or cruise itinerary. Or you might just pick according to price. Right now it seems like the Wonder is commanding a premium.

We are a family of 5 (teens aged 19, 16, and 14) planning a summer cruise and trying to decide between the Wonder and the Harmony. They seem pretty similar but can anyone recommend one over the other?
Have cruised on both and they do offer some differences. If you like the itinerary I would personally choose the Wonder. She is newer, larger and some nice additions like a BBQ restaurant and if you enjoy using the Solarium it is climate controlled on the Wonder. Haven't travelled with teens but everything they would find on the Harmony should be available on the Wonder also.

We did the Wonder in March and Harmony in May (will be on Allure in Sept) and have done Oasis in the past so happy to answer any speifics.

There is very much that is similar but as mentioned there are a few differences. Since Harmony has been AMP'ed it has the all the slides (Abyss and Perfect storm), along with the typical Flo-rider, skating rink and climbing walls. The enclosed Solarium on Wonder is a nice difference, but that area is 16 and over.

With the differences for the teens being pretty minimal, itinerary and other details would be my deciding factor.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. I would go with the best price and/or itinerary. Harmony was built in 2016 so is reasonably new although there is no doubt some minor issues that need repair like everything else in this world. Unless you want to take advantage of the Mason Jar or new Suite area/neighborhood that only the Wonder has.

We booked Wonder for summer 2023 for the teen club and activities for our 13 yo DD and kids club for our 10 yo DS. We also want to try the Mason Jar and Hooked seafood.

Whatever one has the better itinerary, departure port and price. I don't dine enough difference to chose one sailing over the other solely based on one ship or the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter