'Wonder'ful trip report - Day 4 and going home day

noahsmom

17 and counting
Day 4 – Day at Sea

We woke to a beautiful sunrise. We got our swim suits on and headed up to the buffet for breakfast. I love the chocolate waffles!! After breakfast DS went swimming again. It’s really nice to go right after breakfast because the Mickey pool is practically empty. There were lots of activities in the Oceaneer’s club that Noah wanted to participate in (actually all of them!). So at about 10 we went back to the room and changed, taking DS to the club. I then went back to the room and started packing. DH and I ate lunch at Triton’s again and then I went to the adult pool and read my book in the sun while sipping Pina Coladas. Heaven. The captain made good on his promise to find sun. It was very sunny and very hot. The ship was almost at a standstill so there was very little breeze. After a couple of hours in the hot sun I decided to go back to the cabin. I finished most of the packing then got ready for the kids show.

The show was fun, just like the 1st one. One of the counselors told me that when the ship goes in for dry dock the show will be changing. In fact she said all the kids programming is being redone. She said they had 40 new programs to learn before the ship sails after dry dock. Wonder goes into dry dock sometime in October. Even though the ship is still beautiful and very clean, she really can use some sprucing up.

After the show I went to tell DS what a great job he did and that we’d pick him up after dinner to see the Disney Dreams show. He started to cry. He wanted to be with us and was hungry. We had reservations at Palo! So I checked him out and took him back to the room. During the day he had his face painted (Spiderman theme) the crying made his Spidey face look real interesting! Anyway back in the room he ate a snack and then was very ready to had dinner with the kids in the club. I think he was actually relived that he didn’t have to see the server again.

Palo was amazing. We took our bottle of champagne that came in our gift basket and they were very happy to serve it to us with our meal. Our server in Palo was Serena from Italy. She was fantastic!!! We both had the calamari, best we’ve ever had. Even Serena agreed, she said it’s the best in the world and she should know since she’s eaten it in many different places. The antipasto was interesting, not something we usually would have and the salad was good too. For entrées we both had the Filet Migon, mine with the Gargonzola sauce and DH had the wine reduction sauce. Serena laughed at me because I took pictures of each item before I ate them. I told her there were so beautifully presented that they were worthy of pictures. Of course we finished the meal the chocolate soufflé. DH says next time we should order 4 of them. Just one note, I don’t understand why people can’t dress a little nicer for this restaurant. DH wore a suit coat with tie. But the very 1st table when you come into the restaurant had a group of 8 people; the men were all wearing golf shirts. One had his sun glasses hanging on the back collar. They were also drinking cans of beer in can cozies. It just looked kind of tacky for such a beautiful dining experience.

We finished our meal and stopped in shutters for any last picture purchases. We bought the 10 photo package and 2 8x10’s, that sure does add up fast.

DS was ready to leave the club and we got in line for Disney Dreams. What a great show! DS had just seen Beauty and the Beast for the 1st time so he knew all the characters represented in the show. After the show we went back to our room, it’s very sad to see the luggage in the hallways. The room looked terrific, we had our romantic turndown service! DS thought the kissing swans and rose petals were very cool. Unfortunately we couldn’t really enjoy the scene because it was 10:00 and the last minute packing had to be done. The luggage needed to be out by 11:00! So we got the luggage out, put DS to bed then enjoyed a final evening on the veranda.

Oh about the stateroom noise. We went back and forth with guest services. They wanted us to call when we heard the noise. We would call and they would come but the noise would have stopped. Finally in the afternoon while we were at the pool an engineer supposedly stopped by the room. We had a message from guest services saying the noise was just the typical noise caused by the rough seas. I looked out the veranda window and said to DH “if these are rough seas I sure don’t want to be here when they are”. The seas were just as calm as could be. I found it very annoying that they would give us such a lame response. A short time after the message the noise started again so DH called again, this time the guy came while the noise was still happening. He said it was air conditioning fan and he would replace it. We left the room and figured the problem was fixed. That evening when we came back to the room we didn’t hear the noise.

At 3:00 a.m it started again, this time it was worse. It even woke me up. Thankfully DS didn’t wake up. DH couldn’t go back to sleep so he got up and walked the ship. He stopped by guest services and they offered him a different room but he declined since we would be off the ship in 4 hours. Not a very nice way to end the cruise but we should have complained about the problem when we first heard it. We just didn’t know if it was a normal noise or not. Lesson learned.

We also booked another cruise. This will be the summer of 2006, a 7 night Western. This time Category 3!!! My own Jacuzzi, woo hoo!!

Day 5 – Going Home.

We woke to the alarm since we had to be at breakfast by 6:45. A rather rude way to wake up, it had been so long since we had to be up by a certain time! Breakfast was at Animator’s Palate. Good, basic breakfast stuff. We gave our servers there tips. The server got less then suggested just because he didn’t seem to try hard with the kids (ours or anyone else’s). He was actually much more personable that morning, if only he had been that way earlier. I had to ask for coffee refills and we had to ask to see the Danish tray. Not the kind of service we had on our 1st cruise.

We sadly left our beautiful ship and before you know it you are standing in the parking lot waiting for the car to pick you up. Thankfully they came early and we were off to the airport. The trip home was uneventful and smooth. It was good to be home and we were all very, very tired.

I’ve started the countdown for the next cruise – only 714 days! I told DS that tonight and he said we should start the countdown until it is 300 days. Sounds like a good idea.

Wonder-ful report! Makes me more anxious for our trip! While onboard can you actually book that far out? Or did you book a 2005 date and will change to 2006 when the dates become available?

Lisa

I really enjoyed reading your report. I will agree with you, the jewelry prices in Nassau were not that great!!!
Sorry to hear your server was less than "excellent"! That truly inpacts your entire dinig experience. Good food can not compensate for a lousy server!!
Did you only see the one show? It is a shame if you missed the other two. I thought they were all fantastic!
Thanks for taking the time to share your trip report! I loved your attention to details. You certainly stirred up some good memories for me!!

Thanks for the great trip reports! I have to wait almost a whole year to go on another cruise so I like to imagine I'm there while reading trip reports.

Emmasgrammy, Dh and I went to Golden Mickeys also. We had seen Hercules the 1st time and were just too tired to go this time. DS had no interest in going to any of the shows, but we made him go to Disney Dreams. He loved it again.

I loved reading all your reports !!! Our children will be 5 1/2 when we go in May and it was great to read about your sons experiences on the cruise. I'm glad that he had so much fun in the clubs !! I'm sorry to hear about your waiter, I look forward to our waiters because they make our dining so much more enjoyable. Hopefully, he was just having a bad week or he'll get better. You should have asked him if he was new. I'm sure he'll get the hint when ge gets his tips !!! Thanks for taking the time to write such great reports !!!:wave:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write them! Can't wait to be there myself!

Did I miss it? Did you get the pressed pennies? My kids love collecting them and I would have loved seeing them matted and framed.

oops, sorry. Yes we got the pressed pennies. They look great on our wall. I made a Disney wall next to our fireplace. It looks very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter