Wondering About CP Apartments

iSINGalong

Earning My Ears
I've heard so many half-stories, and rumors about rules in the apartments and just want to get things straight.

What are the differences between Vista, Patterson, and Chatham? Price? Size? Party central? Old folks home? Different stores around?

When it comes to kitchen acoutremont, can I bring my own knives? I love to cook and have a few pretty decent blades for around the kitchen, can I bring them? Or will they be considered "weaponry"? I'd hate to have to use the Disney provided (almost assuredly serrated) default knives...

Can I bring and hang art and posters? Is there a limit on how many things I can plaster on my side of the bedroom?

Thanks a bunch, I just want to make sure I don't get down there and need to send half of my stuff back to Ohio... :scared1:

This is what I wrote on another thread and I hope it helps...

In both programs, I had continuously heard the complexes given theses nicknames by most of my fellow cps:

-Vista Way: the ghetto (a lot of parties, drinking, drugs, very noisy and busy because of the buses, the oldest apartments and also the only apartments that does not have balconies, smallest bedrooms and bathrooms, close to some restaurants and Walgreens, very social, and the least expensive)
-Chatham Square: the suburban ( a mixture of quiet peaceful days with a couple of parties happening every so often, the biggest bedrooms, a 10 minute walk to Publix and Walgreens, the second oldest but still seems new and clean)
-Patterson Court: the retirement home ( quiet and calm almost every day, the newest apartments, the biggest living rooms, a 10 minute walk to Publix and Walgreens, no bus stop-you have to take a 2-3 minute walk to Chatham to catch the bus, the most expensive)
-The Commons (for ICPs): party city (only for ICPs, the outlet mall is across the street, some of the apartments are two stories, each apartment have their own washer and dryer for laundry)

I always laugh when I hear theses nicknames. I stayed in both Chatham and Patterson and personally I prefer Patterson. Chatham was great, but I thought Patterson was nicer only because they were newer. I love peace and quiet most of the time, so that is why I picked Patterson. I'm not the party type, so I tended to stay away from Vista. Vista also doesn't have any apartments with balconies which I didn't like because sometimes I like to sit outside on the balcony and read or watch the beautiful lighting storms. If you are lucky, you might get the apartment in Patterson where you can actually watch the fireworks at Disney from your balcony. I was lucky enough to get that apartment. It was amazing! If I get accepted, I am going to chose Patterson again.

For knives, you are only allowed to use the default knife they provide. Any other knives they find will be considered weapons.

For art and posters, the only thing they will allow you to hang up is one bulletin board per person with two small thumb tabs holding it up. If they see anything else up, they will tell you to take it down. If you really want to hang stuff up, do it with some tape that won't mess up the walls and just take them down when they do inspections.

Ah jeez! Is the Commons really party city? I think I'd be placed there since I'd be in the Cultural Rep. Program. I'm a person who likes peace and quite too, but the having the laundry machines in the apartment would be great. So I guess I'll have to pick between party central (but laundry) Commons or quiet (but no laundry) Patterson.

Commons would also be good because it's near the mall and it has it's own bus stop. Is Patterson near anything?

Do you know how much each apartment cost a month? and is it true the less bedrooms you have the more expensive?

Ah jeez! Is the Commons really party city? I think I'd be placed there since I'd be in the Cultural Rep. Program. I'm a person who likes peace and quite too, but the having the laundry machines in the apartment would be great. So I guess I'll have to pick between party central (but laundry) Commons or quiet (but no laundry) Patterson.

Commons would also be good because it's near the mall and it has it's own bus stop. Is Patterson near anything?

Yep, it is definitely party city. I've been to two of the parties there and omg, they were crazy! If you thought Vista Way threw some wild parties, then you had never been to the Commons! Having the laundry in the apartments is what makes the rent so expensive there. Patterson does have laundry, you just have to walk to a separate small building for it. I didn't mind the walk to the laundry when it gave me some peace and quiet in return. I only did laundry once a week so it wasn't bad and I met a lot of cool people in the laundry room while waiting for my clothes to dry. If you really like your peace and quiet, you should definitely pick Patterson. Though, if you really just like doing laundry at home, then you should go with the Commons.

Do you know how much each apartment cost a month? and is it true the less bedrooms you have the more expensive?

I don't remember the exact costs for apartments, only mine, but I do remember that it was only a couple of dollars different. And yes, it is true, the less bedrooms there are, the more expensive the rent is going to be. I remember paying $93 for a three bedroom at Patterson. Vista Way would be the least expensive being in the $85-$90 range, Chatham would be the next expensive being in the $87-$92 range, Patterson would be the most expensive being in the $92-&97 range. The Commons was in the $110-$120 range. This was two years ago and they went up in price since then, but this should give you an idea of how close they are in price to each other.

Thanks for the answer.
Wow! Those are expensive! I was kind of hoping for a two bed (or a one bed if I'm lucky) but it looks like the rent will be through the roof. Did you get much privacy in the three bed? I don't know if I could handle that many girls in one apartment!

Thanks for the answer.
Wow! Those are expensive! I was kind of hoping for a two bed (or a one bed if I'm lucky) but it looks like the rent will be through the roof. Did you get much privacy in the three bed? I don't know if I could handle that many girls in one apartment!

I was in a three bedroom apartment and it wasn't too bad. Most of the time, half of the girls would be working and the other half would be either out somewhere, or in the living room talking or watching a movie, or alone in their bedroom on their computer. And when all of us were together, we would either go out together (usually to Jellyrolls or the parks) or have a big movie night. I think it's the four bedrooms that would have too many girls. I stayed in a two bedroom as well and I thought the three bedroom was a lot more fun. And if I ever wanted some quiet, I would go to my bedroom and be on my Internet or watch some t.v (I had my mom shipped my T.V to me) or go out on the balcony with my computer and enjoy the nice Florida nights. I would never go for a one bedroom because than I would feel too alone when my roommate is working and I'm home alone and what would happen if I hate my roommate? Than I would have no other roommate to hang out with or talk to when I'm home. It would also be really awkward sharing an apartment with a roommate I hated. Because, I know in my first program, I hated all three of my roommates and that was totally awkward, lol.

Great! Thanks for your help, again.
At this point, I'll probably be asking for a two or three bed at Patterson. Having some peace and quiet might be worth parading my dirty clothes in front of everyone at the laundry area. :laughing:

Great! Thanks for your help, again.
At this point, I'll probably be asking for a two or three bed at Patterson. Having some peace and quiet might be worth parading my dirty clothes in front of everyone at the laundry area. :laughing:

Your welcome!
Haha, they are doing the same thing as you if they are in the laundry room! If they are seeing your dirty clothes, you are also seeing theirs as well, :rotfl: !

Are you allowed to hang up curtains in the apartments?

I know you're technically not supposed to hang anything on wall, either, but in the online presentation there are decorations everywhere... is it ok, as long as you take them down for inspection?

And you really can only have one knife? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. How many cases have they had of people going crazy with knives that kitchen knives aren't allowed?

Are you allowed to hang up curtains in the apartments?

I know you're technically not supposed to hang anything on wall, either, but in the online presentation there are decorations everywhere... is it ok, as long as you take them down for inspection?

And you really can only have one knife? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. How many cases have they had of people going crazy with knives that kitchen knives aren't allowed?

Nope, no curtains. They can see them from the street when they drive around in their golf cart, so I wouldn't advise it.

And yep, only that one knife. Not even any fake toy weapons! I think it's ridiculous too!

Wow, thank you Piratechick!! This is perfect. And I'm more than willing to pay an extra $5-10 a month for peace and a balcony apt (I love watching storms myself)

And you really can only have one knife?

I just want to jump in here real quick and say that I am currently in a 3 bedroom in VW and pay $80 a week. Also, Vista is the only complex with hot tubs :)

Second, our apartment actually has more knives. A roommate went out and purchased steak knives and cutting knives for fish, meat, onions, etc. We checked with housing and they said this was totally fine, as long as the knives were kept in the kitchen, lol. You're just not allowed to have like hunting knives, or deboning knives, and definitely don't have them in your bedroom. If it's not made for cooking, you can't have it.

Second, our apartment actually has more knives. A roommate went out and purchased steak knives and cutting knives for fish, meat, onions, etc. We checked with housing and they said this was totally fine, as long as the knives were kept in the kitchen, lol. You're just not allowed to have like hunting knives, or deboning knives, and definitely don't have them in your bedroom. If it's not made for cooking, you can't have it.

Really? So if I get down there, and clear it with housing I can have my Wustoff? Score!:yay:

I just want to jump in here real quick and say that I am currently in a 3 bedroom in VW and pay $80 a week. Also, Vista is the only complex with hot tubs :)

Yeah, Vista Way has hot tubs, but don't ever trust them. Like the saying that is well known by former cps goes, "Don't go in the Vista Way hot tub...you might come out pregnant"' lol! I'd seen things go on in them at night that will burn your eyes! Everybody will always warn you about the hot tub at Vista and to stay away from them and how nasty it is considering all of the things that happens in there and they are right. I'd seen it with my own eyes! When ever I wanted to go to a hot tub, I usually go to the ones at the resorts. They are way much nicer there!

I'm afraid to even go into the pools because of...well you know. Some people can be really dirty. I mean, I don't mind the having a little fun with each other, but not in public! Isn't that supposed to be a private thing? :confused3 But even though Disney says no to it I'm sure there are some pretty dirty stuff going on at the apartments. :laughing:

I'm still hoping to get into Patterson, although I'm afraid they're going to place me in the Commons because of the program I'm in! Has anybody ever seen Cultural Reps living at Patterson?

I'm afraid to even go into the pools because of...well you know. Some people can be really dirty. I mean, I don't mind the having a little fun with each other, but not in public! Isn't that supposed to be a private thing? :confused3 But even though Disney says no to it I'm sure there are some pretty dirty stuff going on at the apartments. :laughing:

I'm still hoping to get into Patterson, although I'm afraid they're going to place me in the Commons because of the program I'm in! Has anybody ever seen Cultural Reps living at Patterson?

Yes, I've seen a few CRPs at Patterson. I never met them, but I always seen them walking to the bus stop from Patterson in their costumes. Also seen them get off the C bus (Epcot bus) and walk towards Patterson at the end of the day. And the CRP's costumes are easily recognizable, so I couldn't had mistaken them with anyone else, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter