Woodfields Florida Foray Day 4

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 4
Everyone gathered at 6014 for breakfasts and a discussion about where to go for the day – Universal was decided so a time was set to meet and then we caught the trolley up to Wet and Wild. From there we all walked to Universal – road crossing in Florida is still not my favourite past time I must admit!! Today there is a bitterly cold wind but the sun is out!! After the trolley ride and the walk everyone votes for the next stop to be a drink so we all go into NASA for a coffee (DD#1 has a beer though!!) after which we all head for Universal. First stop was to go ‘on’ Twister – MIL was spellbound and very nearly speechless!! Luckily it was a walk on as even for MIL to experience it I would not have wanted to wait the 2 hours that we lined up for just after it had opened!! While MIL looked after coats and bags we went on the new ‘Mummy’ ride – this was our longest queue of the whole two weeks at 20 minutes!! We loved it but it was marred by the fact DD#1 had not anticipated the backwards bit and due to the positioning of the safety bar she had caught her scar on it which meant a hasty visit to First Aid!!! Luckily with a plaster on (from my first aid bag) and a long sit down in Richter’s she recovered well and we then went on Earthquake where again MIL was speechless!! It is great taking people that haven’t been before as you see things again like you did the first time you visited!!! MIL again played bag lady while the rest of the clan went on MIB - the photo at the end is a scream as DD#1 looks just like one of Charlie’s Angels!!! We then persuaded MIL to come on ET with us, which is a very gentle ride, and she loved it!! We then experienced The Terminator – good as always but this was the first time I have ever sat near the front and it is something I would never do again as I had real trouble with my breathing due to being so near the smoke machines!! Sat at the back the effect has usually eased off by the time it hits you!! MIL also found this a little overpowering too, which was a great shame as she had really enjoyed ‘the show’. Closing time was 6pm so we were there till closing time!! We got a taxi to the Ponderosa on I drive near Wet n Wild – where we had a really good meal. After we had eaten we went on a very urgent shopping errand to get DD#1 some trainers (she had been told to pack them but of course they hadn’t made it into the case!!). This accomplished we caught the I-ride back to the resort where the girls had a nice relaxing time in the Jacuzzi and us oldies wrote post cards and chatted before a fairly early night!

Also looking forward to trying the Mummy ride soon.Good report

Sue :wave:

Hubby loves the Mummy ride - me, I don't like rollercoasters so I take his word for it ;)

Anz :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter