WoooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

We did a split stay one year at WL and CBR. While the WL is nice...the rooms were just too dark for our taste which made the room seem a lot smaller than CBR rooms. We also didn't care for the offerings at Roaring Forks compared to what you can find at CBR's food court...which is a biggie for me...I want a bunch of different foods to choose from than just a small selection. I believe I expected a lot more from WL because of the cost difference, but felt CBR had a lot more to offer at a lower cost.

YAY ! Congrats on the great deal at CBR!! :cool1: You will have such a great time!! Enjoy that new pool!!

I'm hoping for a great deal on CBR for January! :goodvibes

Please keep in mind that the shuttle launch schedule is subject to change for any number of reasons...so, between now and then, it could be pushed back several more days.

Whether or not you can see the launch from WDW depends on the amount of cloud cover between the KSC and WDW - the KSC is some 50+ miles from WDW.

Your best bet is to head for Titusville for viewing.

See the following for additional info:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1647123

Yep, shuttle launches can be changed at any time. This is the reason why we had to switch our dates once already. We've added on days at Disney for after the shuttle is scheduled to launch in case it gets delayed again. Real quick drive over to KSC. :) Hopefully it won't be delayed past the 16th.

MariaEllerºoº;27656740 said:
We did a split stay one year at WL and CBR. While the WL is nice...the rooms were just too dark for our taste which made the room seem a lot smaller than CBR rooms. We also didn't care for the offerings at Roaring Forks compared to what you can find at CBR's food court...which is a biggie for me...I want a bunch of different foods to choose from than just a small selection. I believe I expected a lot more from WL because of the cost difference, but felt CBR had a lot more to offer at a lower cost.

Oh my gosh. My thoughts on the WL are just about the same as your's. We didn't actually stay at the WL but did visit and check things out. We originally booked at the CBR, then switched to WL ($1,000.00 more!!!) and then switched to Pop when another family decided to go with us. ' Then, I got a new job and had to cancel the whole trip. When the end of summer deal came out, I got a preferred room at the CBR for a $987.00 for an entire week.

When we went over to the WL, we wanted to check out everything. I was disappointed in Roaring Forks' set up and offerings. Everywhere we went in the resort, it was kind of dark. The pool and ground were pretty. I am sooo very glad we saved that extra $1,000.00. I don't know if we just didn't appreciate the resort because we live in a log home and our house is decorated similar to the resort or what.

I would LOVE to see the launch but not sure it's worth the hassle & expense to rent a car. Maybe we'll just hope for clear weather...

I lived in Ft. Myers when the shuttle blew up back in the 80's. We went outside and we could see it in the sky, even 4 hours away. Very sad.

I know, that can't compare to seeing a real launch in person though!!

You should keep a very close eye on the launch schedule, it will be very hard to achieve Nov. 12 at this point. The STS-125 Hubble mission set for Oct. 10 must go on the 10th if the 12th is to be the following launch date; it is likely to slip day for day with this one, and this one is already looking at delaying a day or two. To be determined in the coming week or so.

It's official: STS-125/Atlantis is now due to lift off on Oct. 14 at 10:19pm EDT. STS-126/Endeavour is now due to lift off Nov. 16 at 7:07pm EST.

It's official: STS-125/Atlantis is now due to lift off on Oct. 14 at 10:19pm EDT. STS-126/Endeavour is now due to lift off Nov. 16 at 7:07pm EST.

Well then, I guess I don't need to worry about renting a car and trying to make it to the coast since we leave on the 15th. Bummer, we were really hoping to catch it when we're there. Oh well!

Yep, saw that the shuttle has been delayed again! We won't have to rearrange our dates for Disney thank goodness. Just have to rearrange our dates at Cocoa Beach for after our Disney stay. :) Now, hopefully this will be the last change in schedule for the launch.

Have a great trip. :)

We just got back last night from CBR. My son loved the new Pirate Ship play area.

WooHoo!!! The shuttle launch has been changed again to November 14th!!! In case anyone else is interested they have started selling tickets to view from the closest area possible. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!, that would be so awsome to see, I would deffnetly changed even if the cost was even more.have fun!!:cool1:

Just wanted to say thanks for the link. I see that its scheduled for next Sept 15th. We are going from the 13th - 22nd of Sept so hopefully they will be able to launch it in our time frame. I've seen it once from Disney but will try to get to the coast for next year. thanks for the link.

Chuck

Sure thing! I saw the Apollo Soyez launch and it was unbelievable so I definitely want to get my kidlets as close to the launch of Shuttle Endeavor! Especially since Nasa is suppose to end the shuttle program in the next year or so.

MariaEllerºoº;28098217 said:
WooHoo!!! The shuttle launch has been changed again to November 14th!!! In case anyone else is interested they have started selling tickets to view from the closest area possible. :)

The tickets are sold out to the causeway.

More information on viewing:
http://www.launchphotography.com/Shuttle_Launch_Viewing.html

The launch of STS-126 (was Nov. 16) was able to be moved back up two days because STS-125 has been postponed into 2009.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter