working my way down...

jaredsmom

Earning My Ears
well i have decided it's time to lose the weight i gained from my son. its been 2 years since i had him and for some reason i just cant stick to a diet or modivate myself to exercise enough. so it would be appreciated if some of you would give me some tips on what you do.

First off welcome to WISH. This is a great place....tons of support

Really, IMO I would say that what you do is up to you. Several people here are on WW, some do Curves, others just do what they want. Me, I am doing this on my own and I am watching what I eat,drinking tons of water, exercising and such. It seems to work for me.

Whatever you chose you have made the first step.

Have a great weekend

:wave2:

I'd like to also welcome you to WISH and the journals. What has been working for me, and what helped me get started, was increasing my water (I drink around 120 ounces a day); writing down everything I put in my mouth so I could what was and was not working with me; and exercising at least an hour a day - they do say you need at least 20-30 minutes of some type of cardio to get your heart moving and your metabolism going. And the rest has just fallen into place. I go to Jazzercise and when I can't go there I do have a 30 minute, 2 mile walking tape I do.

Good luck and keep coming here - this is a great place for motivation and support!!!!

Have a good weekend
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

My friend just lost over 20 pounds with Jenny Craig! And has managed to keep it off for 4 months eating her own food in portions. My problem is def. the portion of what I eat not necessarily the kind of food. SO my advice would be everything in moderation and try to break a sweat atleast 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. GOOD LUCK! Another thing Jenny told my friend to do was put a picture in the kitchen of herself at the weight she likes as a reminder of her goal! Helped alot!

Thanks for all the ideas. So far I have been watching what I eat and cut back on all the pepsi I drink. Been drinking 3-4 8oz of water daily and eating healthier snacks like carrots and tomatoes. Every morning I use my ab lounge for 10-15 mins then use the glider (like a treadmill but looks like skis) and do the same at night when I get home from school. I also have just recently bought a walk along tape that I am going to start tomorrow. Guess I'll just have to wait and see Monday when I weigh myself if it is working. Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

Today:
Exercise: 15 minute on ab lounge 20 on glider
Breakfast: 1/2 bagel with jelly (other half went to my son)
Snack: 1 24oz bottle water w/ 3 peanut butter crackers (i know not so good)
Lunch: south beach diet grilled chicken wrap (these are sooo very good)
Dinner: probaly a salad with dressing and grilled chicken on the side.

Now I'm going to eat my lunch and study for my test I have at school tonight. Wish me luck!!!!!

When I get home which is around 9:00pm I will use the ab lounge and glider and probably start my walk along tape. Not to sure on that one yet.

Welcome to the Wish Boards! You've come to the right place. There's lots of good ideas for workouts & food plans. It looks like you're off to a great start!

well last night i got home late from school about 11:00PM. I had so much to do. exercised for maybe 10 mins then went right to bed. woke up late today was 1/2 hour late for work. didnt get any exercise in. only drank 2 bottles of water so far. i work for an oil company so we always get "presents" for the holidays. like today we got a huge cookie basket (yes i was good didnt eat any of them :) ) then we got a tin of different popcorn and no none of that made it to my mouth. the only good thing i ate was the fruit from the fruit bouquet soemone else sent us. for lunch i had a chicken wrap and sf jello (still dont like the taste it will take some time) just had a couple strawberries for a snack and before school for dinner im not to sure. :confused3 going onto my 3rd bottle of water now. hopefully i leave school early enough tonight to get some exercise in. most likely i will since i did a lot of my check offs last night.

Good job at resisting the "gifts" that you got. That was great!!!!! Keep up the good work, looks like you are on the right track.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Chris

Keep up the good work! There are a lot of great successful people here and I plan on being one of them.

Those gifts are sure hard to resist! But I know you can do it!

Happy Holidays jaredsmom!

Hope things are going good and you are doing well!

Hope you have a great holiday!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter