Working on Weight Loss During Training—New Year New Us!

Hi Dave!

I am definitely coming to the Donald, and planning to cheer for the Mickey!

I did 4.3 miles in an hour last night, but I don't think I could keep that up for two hours yet. It is a huge improvement over my 3.5 mph pace, which I now think I could do for quite awhile. It really was kind of sudden -- I went from 3.5-3.8 without blinking, and that felt ok, so now I'm trying to bump it up enough to beat the sweepers, and stabilize that.

Before we leave in January, I'm hoping 4.3 will be the pace I can easily do! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm already planning on the WISH meet at Pop, and whatever else comes along!

Maria

Maria, I am sorry we don't get to meet at ToT, and I am not coming for Marathon weekend....so.....

You asked about popcorn. I think technically, it is yellow and therefore doesn't fall into the white food category. Just remember that it is a starch and that can raise blood sugar too, though. So, I use it as a starch, occasionally.

Maria, I am sorry we don't get to meet at ToT, and I am not coming for Marathon weekend....so.....

You asked about popcorn. I think technically, it is yellow and therefore doesn't fall into the white food category. Just remember that it is a starch and that can raise blood sugar too, though. So, I use it as a starch, occasionally.

Ok walkers we have to all meet somewhere. The last Minnie? Maybe if there is a ToT in 2008?

Erica and I like to do a Glattlinburg trip every year. It's a little resort town in the Smokies, 40 miles or so south of Knottsville Tn. It's a fun town for walk training, lots of hills and awesome views. The prices of stuff is worlds cheaper than WDW. Lots of outlet stores in Pegion Forge right next to it.

We are staying there the 10th thru 13th of Dec. We are staying at one of the best hotels for $69 a night, with breakfast included. We thought this would be nice for our last LSD training for the Goofy: 12 miles monday and 24 on Tuesday. The rest of the time we can relax and wander the park and gift shops and see some good theater.

Dave:hippie:

Rats! I just had this great long post, and now it's lost in cyberspace...

Anyway, the gist was:

Gatlinburg sounds like fun, I've only been to Memphis and Nashville, but my sil in Tampa wants to move to TN. I like her where she is, with her guest room in FL...;)

I've cut way down on my popcorn consumption, I only eat the 100 cal packs, and they don't ever seem to pop much, anyway.

I did 1.5 hrs on the TM last night, and hope to do the same tonight. I'm hoping four days of that workout plus eating right will net me a good result on Friday. I didn't do as well as one would hope over the weekend, but I did manage to stay the same weight as last week, so far.

Am I going to be the only one left here while ya'll are at ToT? That's ok, I expect to hear fantastic tales of your adventures!pirate:

Have a great night!
Maria

Hi Everyone,

I won't be going to ToT either, but I did broach the subject with my husband of taking a trip to Minnie. So it's a possibility. I guess we'll have to see how much he enjoys marathon weekend first.

Eating well has been going a bit better this past week. I've lost 1/2 lb which brings my total to 1.5 lbs since I started the 10 lbs by Halloween challenge. I don't think I'll reach my goal in the next week, but it's better than nothing.

Maria: Good job on keeping it up. I'm sure you'll get your 10 lbs.

Connie and Dave: Have a great time at ToT.

Have a great day everyone.

Ok, here I go with the weigh-in again -- only .5 this week. I didn't count points and took too many days off from walking. I know what I did, but I'm still disappointed in myself. That said, today starts my new week, so I'm ready to work with a fresh clean slate.

I'm at 7.5, so I doubt I'll make 10 by Halloween. On the bright side, I'm alot closer to my goals than I would have been if I hadn't challenged myself. Once I see my actual Halloween weight, I'm setting a new goal for Thanksgiving. I need the motivation! Actually, I can do that now -- there are three weeks, so my goal is 5 more lbs. That's probably more realistic than my last goal, at least I hope so!

Cindy -- You have the right idea -- any weight loss is good! Even if it takes longer than we would like, we are moving in the right direction. We will get there!

Maria

Good Afternoon!

How is everyone? I'm on an artificial high, giddy about the Red Sox and Patriots. If only my fitness level began to approach theirs...

Anyway, I did walk 3 miles yesterday, so I'm hoping for more today. We'll see how tired I am by the end of the day. It's been a really long week of staying up later than I should, and my body isn't exactly thrilled with me.

I'm going to get back to normal this week, even with Halloween. DS has Nov. 1st off, but unfortunately I don't get to stay home with him because I have an important meeting that day. Lucky dh! I have dibs on Dec. 4th, an in-service day for the teachers. That should be the perfect time to make sure my plans are all set for Christmas.

So, do you have any strategies for Halloween? I have my candy in individual bags (can't see it, can ignore it), and any leftovers go to work with dh Nov. 2nd (I'll just have to make it through the 1st, since he'll be home with ds). DS is going to pick 15-20 pieces he really wants, and the rest also go to work with dh. I just wish ds liked chocolate! He leaves all the little candy bars, and I can't help but want them!:rotfl2:

Keep Up the Good Work!
Maria

Good Morning Everyone,

I caved into the lure of the Halloween candy. I really did enjoy it. I figure I did burn some of the calories off while trick or treating with my kids for an hour. I'm allowing myself a few treats today, then back to actually counting points by tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good luck Maria with staying strong until the candy has gone.

Cindy

Congratulations Maria and Cindy! You are still hanging in. Who can really resist ill gotten gains??? That's really what Halloween candy is all about! :) I avoided the whole Halloween thing by being in WDW for the ToT. I even folded up my candy bag at the MNSSHP and stuck it in back pocket. That way, I couldn't collect any. Although, one young man insisted we take some coming out of the Haunted Mansion, but I gave it away to the next ride monitor person! :lmao:

I did remarkably well on my 8 day vacation to WDW! I didn't gain any weight! I am so proud. It's my very first no weight gain vacation. :goodvibes I didn't lose any, but at least I didn't gain. I just stayed with my two favorite rules. Rule 1, No white food. Rule 2, the three bite rule. Oh? What's the three bite rule, you ask?? It works like this, if you just have to taste it, take a bite. If it's good, take another bite. If it's really, really good take one more bite. After the third bite, no matter how good it is, it isn't worth it! :rotfl:

Anyway, back to training and working and being good. My next planned race is in April. I want to lose 20 lbs.....10 lbs.... uhm, I want to lose weight during the run up to this race, again. :banana:

Good Afternoon!

I am mentally preparing for a business trip Wednesday. It's a conference/test, so won't that be fun? All kinds of naughty food, they provide continental (read full fat pastries) breakfast and rubber chicken lunch, and I'll be starving by the time I eat dinner (praying for an Applebee's, so I don't eat a ton of room service). I don't come home until Sunday afternoon, so wish me luck!

I'm taking my workout clothes with, and also Kashi bars and 100 calorie snacks. I stayed the same when I weighed on Friday, and I was actually up on Halloween...on the bright side, I am now 1 lb from my 10 lb Halloween goal, so I'm hoping to get there before Wednesday, when I do my "official" weigh-in for this week. If I make it one week late, I'll consider that pretty good. I think I set the goal too high at the beginning.

Connie -- I am so proud of you for not gaining on the ToT trip! That is a huge accomplishment!:cool1:

Cindy -- That candy is evil I tell you, evil! Bhwaahaha! I ate more than I should have, but actually I seem to have been ok. :goodvibes

Wendy -- I predict great losses in 2008 for you!:cloud9:

Dave -- Ok, you're back from ToT. How is that recovery coming? Did you have enough fun for all of us?!popcorn::

Ok, guys, let's get moving and losing!
Maria

Connie the only problem for me with your three bite rule is that 3 bites for me is a average size burger. Big mouth don't cha know. Just ask anyone.

Maria, yes super fun trip. Loved hanging with the WISHers. Can't wait to collect my hug from you.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Just for you, Dave, we will now refer to the rule as the: 3 little, tiny, itsy bitsy nibbles rule! :lmao:

Maria, thanks! I appreciate all the warm wishes from sweet Wishers I can get!

I just stayed with my two favorite rules. Rule 1, No white food. Rule 2, the three bite rule. Oh? What's the three bite rule, you ask?? It works like this, if you just have to taste it, take a bite. If it's good, take another bite. If it's really, really good take one more bite. After the third bite, no matter how good it is, it isn't worth it!

I love those rules!!!!!

I'm doing well after a momentary "wrong exit" after my return from Disney. I ate very carefully there and came back home with a loss -- only to find my DH had taken the kids to the grocery store while I was gone where they'd stocked up on ice cream, chips, candy -- all the foods I tried to keep out of the house. When I scolded DH about it, he said, "I told the kids they had to eat it all before you came home!" :rotfl:

Needless to say, I helped them clean it up. This week I've done better though and today I'm at 211.6 -- the lowest I've been this year. I'd really like to reach Onederland by the end of the month and my followup blood tests, but I don't know if I can manage that. I think I'm going to shoot for it though. It's a high mileage month for me and if I watch what I eat... well, we'll see.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I am all done with the splurging and back on track. I switched my weigh in day to Wed. Since I do my long runs on Monday, the Tuesday WI wasn't very accurate since I tend to still be a bit dehydrated. I'm expecting to see a bit of a gain this week from all the H'ween candy.

I have just 39 days until my company Holiday party so I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs by then. Everytime I've been tempted I just picture a cute party dress and I'm motivated to resist. The increase in training mileage over the next month should help alot in that department.

Wendy: Congrats on being at your lowest wt this year. Keep up the good work. Good job eating healthy at Disney, sorry you had to help the kids clean up all the goodies.

Connie: The 3 bite rule is a good one, although I have to admit I was thinking along the same lines as Dave, three big bites and that brownie, cake, cookie would be gone. Little bites, that's the key. Great job on not gaining while at Disney.

Maria: Good luck with the business trip. It sounds like you are doing a good job planning ahead. Good luck with the WI this week.

Dave: Glad you had a fun trip.

Cindy

HI everyone,

Long time, no post.

I have been very discouraged lately about my lack of weight loss. I have registered for the half and have been pretty good about getting my miles in (although they are too slow), but I haven't lost any weight. In fact, I even gained some a few weeks ago. Now, to be honest, my eating has not been good, but I don't think it has been any worse than it was before. Oh well.... I'll just keep on going and will hopefully break out of this soon.

I am going to pick up the speed on my miles because I am too slow for Disney, so I need to kick that up a few notches. I have also started to drink more water again, and yes, I'll start eating better, too. Those things together should do the trick.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make my first post back a downer. I just know I need to be back, and I have always found such motivation and inspiration from all of the WISH members here.

So, now I'm off to try and catch up on this thread.

Weight Loss...Need it
Are you doing a weekly weigh in to report pounds loss, etc?

Broke ankle last October training for the Detroit Marathon and have not entered anything over a 5k since.

Need to get back on track with training. I know that is easier more motivated when I am were registered for a race, but :rolleyes:

Age 62; 5' 2" ... would like to lose 30 pounds and keep it off!
I like the South Beach Diet, I like the foods, but the weight just does not come off! :confused3
Struggles: late night eating and portion control

Need to go back and read the posts for ideas.

Enjoy His 'Son' shine!
~ Margie

Weight Loss...Need it

Broke ankle last October training for the Detroit Marathon and have not entered anything over a 5k since.

Need to get back on track with training. I know that is easier more motivated when I am were registered for a race, but :rolleyes:

Age 62; 5' 2" ... would like to lose 30 pounds and keep it off!
I like the South Beach Diet, I like the foods, but the weight just does not come off! :confused3
Struggles: late night eating and portion control

Need to go back and read the posts for ideas.

Enjoy His 'Son' shine!
~ Margie

Hi Margie:cheer2:

I introduced you over on the walkers compare notes thread. Thanks for coming over, this is a fun group and great people.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Hi Margie!! :welcome: Glad to have you join us!

Margie asked:

No, we aren't, but if you would like to do that, we will be glad to listen and encourage. But please share your triumphs and feel free to use us as your accountability reporting team! We will be here to encourage you and offer any ideas and suggestions that we might have.

Like you, I broke my ankle a while back. It is scary for a while when you don't really trust it. I wasn't training for races then, and actually training is how I began to feel more comfortable with it.

CindyLouHow are you progressing on that 10 lbs?? Enquiring minds need to know!

Maria How did that trip go for you?

Wendy! How did the reverse goofy effect your weight loss?? Have you recovered? Great job losing weight in WDW!!! I am truly in the company of greatness.....uhm, make that thin-ness, because you obviously think and act like a thin person!

Minigirl Hi! Looking forward to getting to know you bette!

Dave :wave:

Thanks, my ankle still swells. It is a bit frustrating at times. It started the downhill slide...then my grandson came along and I just was not able to get in much walking time.

Not sure of the Wisdom of starting this with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all grouped in, but it is much needed and we MUST start sometime! :woohoo:

I have not set a goal/time to reach by Christmas yet, but will think about it today. I did get weight this morning, so I at least know my starting point. :eek:

Now I must be off to add to Dave’s 1000 mile Weekend Challenge! :cheer2:

Enjoy His ‘Son’ shine!
~Margie

Say it isn't so! Page 2...the horror! I had to rescue this thread!:rotfl:

How is everyone doing? I am finding out a sad truth. Now that I am religiously following a training schedule, the weight loss just stopped. I was going to be the one to defy the odds and lose weight in those last few weeks, but apparently my body is not with that program.

I'm more concerned about finishing the Disney Half right now, so I will pick up with the lowered calories, etc. after. I seem to need more protein and that's not helping me on the scale...

Anyone have a happy story after my tale of woe?:surfweb:

Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter