World of Color Lines

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
Just wondering about how they will do the seating for the World of Color show. From what I can tell, they are making special stadium type seating for it. If this is the case, will it be closed off until an hour before? Will they let people wander in and sit down at 2pm? Will there be giant lines to get in to the seating area? Or maybe you have to get some sort of ticket ahead of time? I'm looking forward to the show (along with thousands of others) but I'm thinking it might be really crazy to get seats. Does anyone have any ideas about how they think it might work? :)

I have wondered the same thing. I would think it would be like for Fantasmic. Stake your claim for however long you are willing to wait! What I don't understand is this: looking at the models online at Blue Sky Cellar, there are LOTS of trees in that area. How will this not block views?? I realize it needs to have landscaping, etc. to look nice, but it looks to me like there is too much.

We will be going next summer for my oldest DD's high school graduation trip. I wonder if the Disney hotels with a view of WOC will raise their rates. I hope not!!

I just hope there are lots and lots of good spots to view from so that after the initial crowds have died down, it will eventually be a show you can watch with not too much waiting ahead of time. I know, maybe that's just wishful thinking but one can hope, right? It seems like there should be a fair amount of spots around the lagoon to view from besides the "official" seating area. You might not get as good of a view but it looks like you should be able to see pretty good from several different spots. I can't wait to see the show!

I kind of hope they do some sort of "dining package" like they do at F! in FL for the reserved seats. That way you can guarantee a seat without sitting there for several hours. And I can imagine the angry people when one or two people "save" several seats. It will be especially packed the first year when everyone wants to see it. I am so excited, DCA really needs this show more so than the new lands/rides, I feel. I can't wait to see it from the Villas platform!:)

I think it's going to be crazy busy the first year unless it's not as good as F!. Speaking of F! in the link that Zuitzeuge posted WOC looks a lot like F! It appears it's going to have the water screens to project the videos on, in addition to the dancing water things like Bellagio Fountains/Epcot Illuminations. I wish it were a little more like Illuminations w/ the pyro stuff. If they had that, it would be on par with F! or Illuminations and would probably be crazy busy like F! on a never ending, ongoing basis. I'm hoping for the latter, cuz DCA needs it, and it would probably help funnel away some of the people from DL fireworks and F! crowds...maybe...one can hope...If it's not at least on par w/ F! or better, then DL is wasting their money because if people think it's not as good, they are still going to flock to see F! and the DL fireworks, leaving DCA bare.
I think (guessing here) they may have been experimenting with crowd control utilizing these tactics in June when it was crazy busy. They held DEP so late so that people had to make a choice, either DEP or Fireworks, but they weren't going to get to see both, and by the time you figured out you weren't gong to get to see both, it was too late because getting back into DL there were incredibly long lines. (Thereby discouraging people from leaving DCA until it was all over.) Hopefully it will be as good as or better than F! But if there are not live people in it like F! it may not be...F! just has it all...Live characters, water screens, effects and pyro! That's a hard to beat combo...

WoC will be a mystery for awhile yet in many ways. Here is some info I have read (all rumors but from credible sources like Al Lutz at MiceAge) as well as some speculation on my part...

o DLR has restrictions on fireworks because of its Anaheim location. This is why the DL fireworks get cancelled so often. Disney wanted a DCA show that does not use fireworks so that they can show it reliably. Hence no pyro on WoC

o People who have gotten inside info on WoC say it may very well exceed Fantasmic

o DCA needs a night time draw and the DEP was not it. WoC will be it.

o Do not expect stadium seating for WoC. It will be like Fantasmic with terraced concrete to allow people to stand and watch.

o DCA was built on a shoe string budget and there were some who argued for a larger Paradise Pier lagoon at construction. Now they are stuck with the lagoon size that they have. There will be issues with viewing WoC. This happened with Fantasmic as well and Disney had to go back and change the viewing area. They are applying that knowledge to WoC but do not be surprised that they have to go back and make more changes to the WoC viewing after they open it. That will not be possible until Fall 2010.

o WoC will be super popular the first year. Expect the issues next June and August around AP blockouts (like what happened last month) to apply in 2010 in late June and late August. I would avoid these times in 2010. Go when the AP blockouts are in effect. This means the safer time to go starts sometime the last week of June until about August 20.

o DCA nighttime hours will be expanded. I predict DCA will have hours of 10-10PM for all high season times in 2010 and then in 2011 DCA will have its 10th anniversary and DCA may start opening at 9AM and staying open until 11PM for high season hours. A lot will depend on how much traffic DCA pulls. I think they will pull a lot more traffic come 2011 and especially 2012.

o Do not expect stadium seating for WoC. It will be like Fantasmic with terraced concrete to allow people to stand and watch.

I wasn't thinking exactly stadium like "pull down seats", but I got the idea that there were rows of concrete blocks or something to sit on, not just sitting on the ground. I'll have to go back and look at the pic again, but I thought that is what it showed. I just wonder if they will block off that area or let people camp out. And like a PP said, hope those trees don't get in the way.

I already decided that we will not go in June again. Even at the end of June we had some crazy days with Socal passes not yet blocked and all these changes will just make those days worse. Next summer we will go end of July or start of Aug.

although there will not be fireworks, they will be extensive use of fire. I have very high hopes for this show. Since WDW draws me back with Illuminations, I am hoping to fall in love with this show, and really decrease the emotional need to visit WDW!

Yeah I was just going to say that I thought I read somewhere that there would be pyro effects added. At first it didn't have it but they keep adding to this show.

WoC will be a mystery for awhile yet in many ways. Here is some info I have read (all rumors but from credible sources like Al Lutz at MiceAge) as well as some speculation on my part...

o DLR has restrictions on fireworks because of its Anaheim location. This is why the DL fireworks get cancelled so often. Disney wanted a DCA show that does not use fireworks so that they can show it reliably. Hence no pyro on WoC

o People who have gotten inside info on WoC say it may very well exceed Fantasmic

o DCA needs a night time draw and the DEP was not it. WoC will be it.

o DCA was built on a shoe string budget and there were some who argued for a larger Paradise Pier lagoon at construction. Now they are stuck with the lagoon size that they have. There will be issues with viewing WoC. This happened with Fantasmic as well and Disney had to go back and change the viewing area. They are applying that knowledge to WoC but do not be surprised that they have to go back and make more changes to the WoC viewing after they open it. That will not be possible until Fall 2010.

o WoC will be super popular the first year. Expect the issues next June and August around AP blockouts (like what happened last month) to apply in 2010 in late June and late August. I would avoid these times in 2010. Go when the AP blockouts are in effect. This means the safer time to go starts sometime the last week of June until about August 20.

o DCA nighttime hours will be expanded. I predict DCA will have hours of 10-10PM for all high season times in 2010 and then in 2011 DCA will have its 10th anniversary and DCA may start opening at 9AM and staying open until 11PM for high season hours. A lot will depend on how much traffic DCA pulls. I think they will pull a lot more traffic come 2011 and especially 2012.

All excellent points..and I'm very much looking forward to it. Hopefully they will open in Spring (April?) as hoped and many will already have seen it before summer. I'll be there in May and hope it's showing and if crowds are nuts can watch from the VGC viewing area..but..it sounds like this would be a backside view and not as good? :confused3

Probably going to be somewhat similar to the way they do seating at Fantasmic in WDW.
I doubt they will start lettign people in anymore than 1 1/2 hours -2 hours ahead of time

There will be plenty of pyro....special "fire cannons and whips" just not fireworks.

I read somewhere that they designed the show and seating area where no seat is a bad seat, even on the ends/sides. They even say you can watch it from Paradies Pier for a completely different perspective and still enjoy the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter