World Showcase Help

mickey61607

Earning My Ears
My family will be heading to World Showcase at the end of November. It is our first time in World Showcase. I'm struggling with how to best plan it.

Day 1 in Epcot - Morning in Future World with fastpasses there. Around noon we will head to World Showcase. At 1:50 we have a Candlelight Processional Lunch at San Angel in Mexico for a 5pm show in the American Pavilion. With 4 kids, I don't know how much later we will stay after the Candlelight Processional.

Day 2 in Epcot - later arrival at Epcot around 11am. I have a FEA fastpass for 12:40-1:40. My plan is to stay in World Showcase until we head to MK for a 4:30 BOG dinner reservation.

Ideally on Day 2 we would have started on the Canada side of WS and headed counter clockwise, but with our FEA FP in the middle of our day, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to tour all of the World Showcase when my fastpass and dining reservations feel like I am "stuck" in the Mexico/Norway area.

It's a few minutes walk from anywhere in WS to anywhere else in WS. You could just do Frozen and then go back to whatever you were doing before.

It's just my husband and me (early to mid 50s) but it takes us just a little over a half hour to walk completely around World Showcase. With four kids, I would suggest you just take your time, see what you can, let the kids explore what they want (there is a lot adults don't see but kids at a lower level will see more) and just chill. Quite honestly, if it's your first time in World Showcase, don't focus on "I HAVE to get THIS done!" especially with four kids. Just stroll, see, listen and smell. Don't have a mission. I think you and your kids will appreciate that much more than crossing off all the countries on a list.

How old are the kids? We had a similar schedule. Day one rides and lunch and leave in the afternoon...day 2 more relaxed and finish up WS. My 5 and 8 year old boys were on a mission to get every country stamp for their Duffy cutout. They also wanted some cool signatures for their calendar- some characters, some CMs at countries. We were def done by day 2.

On day 2, since you'll be in WS, you can exit through the IG and catch the bus to MK at the Beach Club. Should be faster than walking through FW to the monorail. And when deciding when to leave, be sure to allow plenty of time (at least an hour; we'd probably be heading out of Epcot around 3:00) - you'll need to walk out of Epcot to BC or the monorail, wait for bus/monorail, ride to MK, get through bag check and the front gate and finally walk through MK to BOG.

My kids are grown now but we always had park hoppers when they were young (still do) and would hit Epcot multiple times over our week at WDW. We always did one rope drop in FW for rides and attractions and several nights we would hop into Epcot for dinner in a country and Illuminations. Our kids always did better doing Epcot in chunks and the evening atmosphere is fun when combined with a dinner. Japan was always a favorite as the gift shop is kid heaven. :thumbsup2

It's just my husband and me (early to mid 50s) but it takes us just a little over a half hour to walk completely around World Showcase. With four kids, I would suggest you just take your time, see what you can, let the kids explore what they want (there is a lot adults don't see but kids at a lower level will see more) and just chill. Quite honestly, if it's your first time in World Showcase, don't focus on "I HAVE to get THIS done!" especially with four kids. Just stroll, see, listen and smell. Don't have a mission. I think you and your kids will appreciate that much more than crossing off all the countries on a list.

This is how we still tour. We start out knowing one or two Countries we especially want to see, but we tend to wander. If my DGD wanted to stop to meet a character we stopped. WE also strolled through the market places of any country we visited, stopping for entertainment whenever.

On day 1, I would start in China at noon, work your way back to Mexico for your 1:50 ADR. After lunch, hit Germany and Italy on your way to American Adventure. Leave after the show.

Day 2, take the boat to Morocco pier. Start in Japan (STORE) and work your way back towards Canada. Allow 25 minutes to get to your FP from that vicinity.

All the countries have something unique, but our favorites are Japan, France, and China, due to the combination of shopping/food/entertainment. You don't have to cover every inch of every country, it will take too much time. Instead, make a list of things you want to do/see/eat and go from there. If you are running out of time in one place, leave, and plan on returning on a future visit.

WS is a LOT of walking, just because there are no real shortcuts if you want to go back and forth. It is best experienced with a relaxed itinerary and realizing that you can't do everything in one or two visits.

How old are the kids? We had a similar schedule. Day one rides and lunch and leave in the afternoon...day 2 more relaxed and finish up WS. My 5 and 8 year old boys were on a mission to get every country stamp for their Duffy cutout. They also wanted some cool signatures for their calendar- some characters, some CMs at countries. We were def done by day 2.
Our kids are 10, 8 , 5, and 3. That being said, the older three will love World Showcase each for a different reason!

The only other thing I would suggest, is as you will be there during the holiday season, each country has Holiday Storytellers. These are cast members, dressed in native clothing, and they tell the story of how the holidays are celebrated in their country. Each story lasts maybe 10 minutes and then after they are available for pictures. Each country does their show at least 4 or 5 times a day, the schedule is the timed sheets you get when you enter the park. We have always done this as adults, but whenever we do it there are a lot of children sitting around enjoying the stories (make sure you see Germany). There is also a Mr. and Mrs. Clause in the American pavilion.

I know you are also planning on leaving Epcot before it closes, but they also add a special holiday ending to IllumiNations which is very moving and I highly recommend trying to stay for it if your children are up to it.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter