World Showcase with Kids

tinkie

Mouseketeer
The last time we went to Disney we didn't do the World Showcase in Epcot due to limited time, etc....This time I'm taking my 8 year old only and wonder if its worth doing...we only have 3 days at the regular parks (incl FW) and 1 at USO/IOA so I don't know if I should do it.....do kids enjoy it?

On the other hand, if it were just me or me and my DH I would want to spend a whole day there....you all make the food and drinks and ambience sound just wonderful....

Any thoughts?
:confused:

well my eight year old loved all the outdoor entertainers, like the chinese acrobats. Mostly she loved meeting Belle. I guess it depends on your 8 year old - does he/she like rides more, or shows, etc.

All of EPCOT has been my DS's favorite park since age 4. He's 10 now and still would choose EPCOT if we only have time for 1 park. I definitely think it's worth doing - but it all depends on your child.

Originally posted by poohtown
well my eight year old loved all the outdoor entertainers, like the chinese acrobats. Mostly she loved meeting Belle. I guess it depends on your 8 year old - does he/she like rides more, or shows, etc.

He's a thrill seeker - but he LOVES the history channel (would take it over cartoons any day of the week!) and just loves learning about different places, so maybe I SHOULD take him....how much longer does it stay open than the other parks?

The world showcase is usually open later then all the other parks in the off season when we go.

With passports and KIDCOT last year and pressed pennies this year we have kept our children involved at WS. The rides at Mexico and Norway should be good for an 8 yo. There are lots of neat show and sights (the train in Germany is fun for the kids to see)

If he's an american history buff DO NOT MISS the show at the American Pavillion.

My DS10 loves the WS. As the other posters have mentioned there is always some sort of entertainment going on outside of the different pavilions, and he also enjoys visiting each country to complete a Kidcot mask. As a history buff, he LOVES the show at the America Pavilion...for perspective, he loves the Hall of Presidents at MK too.

I think Epcot (and most especially W.S.) is the most under-rated park. There are so many neat things to see and do......

All 3 of my kids enjoy Epcot - it has become their favorite park! I think maybe the French pastries may have something to do with it..:p The Chinese Acrobats are great, Living Statues, train in Germany, Norway's Viking ship playground - all big draws for us. They have really enjoyed eating at the "country" restaurants as well....their new favorite is Tepanyaki (the *former* #1 favorite was the German Biergarten with the oompah band)

WS open until 9pm - during fall/winter/spring off peak, MK closes typically 7pm, MGM at 7pm and AK at 5pm

thanks
jaysue

This past week, my DW and I took our 4 DDs to EPCOT for one day. We spent a little time in Future World (an area which desperately needs some direction) then headed to the World Showcase. We bought them all passports and stopped in each country to have them stamped and let the kids work on their masks at the kidcot stations. It was great, but one word of advice . . . allow plenty of time. By stopping in each place (and searching for the kidcot stations), it took us a lot more time than we anticipated it would. If we had it to do over again, we would probably try to do it in 2 days. But take them, by all means. They will love it, and learn some things in the process!

This year was our third try at Epcot and the first time we enjoyed it. We let the kids (5, 8 & 10) do the mask craft at each country. They enjoyed it, but we started in Canada at 1pm and didn't finish the countries until almost 7pm. We only ate a dessert, so it does take time.

My 10yr old liked it the most. It was not our favorite park, but it was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter