Worried about interconnecting room

MsMoneyPenny

Mouseketeer
Have spoken to disney's special needs about having an interconnecting room to my parents (there's 3 of us, me and my parents - I have various medical conditions where I might suddenly become ill and need help quickly - if we have an interconnecting room we'll leave the doors open so I can call for help). Disney were really great and have noted this on our reservations. The thing is we're really worried now as our resort CSR is full for the first weekend we're there and we're worried we won't get the interconnecting rooms which would mean a big problem. Has anyone ever had any problems getting interconnecting rooms?
Thank you.

Since you dealt with the Special Needs Department, you should have very little chance of not getting one.
All the Medical Requests for things like that are filled before the general requests.
I've also been told that the Special Needs people can lock your request to a room assignment and any changes need to go thru them (so the front desk can't just "unblock" your room).

Hope you have a good trip.

Check that your rooms are 'connecting', not simply adjoining. We made that mistake once, but had rooms changed on the spot, once we discovered the difference.

We went in May and stayed at CBR. We got "connecting rooms" - one was disabled equiped and it was a corner room!

are your rooms under one res # or two? if different res #'s, make sure that each res references the other res # on it, too.

a somewhat similar situation happened to us once. our reservation receipt letter stated something like "guaranteed connecting rooms for family" at the comments section at the bottom, where they list cribs, fridges, non-smoking, etc.

take a look at your form, and if it doesn't say something like that, why not call special res. and ask them to send you another receipt that does say that. you could just explain that you're worried and that this will help you feel better so you can relax and enjoy the anticipation of your trip. they are SO helpful. that way you'll have peace of mind.

but that said, i think they do actually block out your specific rooms (from comments a special reservations CM once made), so if they tell you that's what you have, then i think you're on track to get it.

enjoy!

dj

Thanks again everyone - our reservation is one reservation for two rooms (interconnecting), it also says fridge for storing medicines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter