Worried about Sea Sickness

Rich M

DIS Veteran
My sister has gotten sea sick on a couple things in the past. Is a inside stateroom better then an oceanview for someone prone to it? Any other recommendations

What ship? The solstice class on Celebrity are very, very stable. Look at the horizon on an outside deck with fresh air. Also, lay on your back on a bed and not on your side. Finally, there is a liquid you can put behind your ears (Motionease?) that works miracles, is inexpensive and can get at Wal-Mart.

What ship? The solstice class on Celebrity are very, very stable. Look at the horizon on an outside deck with fresh air. Also, lay on your back on a bed and not on your side. Finally, there is a liquid you can put behind your ears (Motionease?) that works miracles, is inexpensive and can get at Wal-Mart.

I am still booking so not sure.

Bigger ship, towards the middle, not too high of a deck.

My husband gets seasick but has never had a problem on a cruise. Even though we live in NY he refuses to try sailing out of NY/NJ after seeing videos and hearing accounts from friends.

Another tip: do not drink alcohol if you/her experience motion sickness. It only adds to the disconnect between the brain/ear.

Ginger is also another excellent anti-motion sickness treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter