Worst ride to get stuck on?

When I was 8 years old I got stuck in Haunted Mansion facing a scene where one of the ghouls pop up from behind a tombstone. We were there for about 20 minutes and I jumped every time that thing popped out! It took me years to want to ride it again, and even longer to open my eyes at that part!

I've been stuck on Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, People Mover, and Spaceship Earth. Spaceship earth was the worst of them, since the ride stopped near the top just after we had turned backwards and began our descent.

People Mover stopped in the dark. I didn't mind, since I closed my eyes and rested for a few minutes!

Small World. I'm not a fan of the ride to begin with, so for me sitting there listening to the music for any longer than the ride typically is would be maddening.

I always seem to get stuck on the Haunted Mansion, and in the same spot...in front of one of the ghosts that pop up behind the gravestones. So it's always several minutes of bracing myself not to be startled!:scared:

My DH got stuck on HM a few times last trip and I always knew when he did because he would come up to us with this huge smile. Those were his favorite moments.

Years ago we got stuck on Great Movie Ride. My sister had cried before the ride about not wanting to ride it but got on anyway, and of course it broke in the Alien section. We were there for quite some time and eventually had to be walked off the ride. Creepy that the sound was off but all he animatronics were still going.

Not a ride, but I think the worst thing to get stuck on would be the monorail. It the rail loses power, I think those without A/C would be miserable! I know they have a tug that can move the trains, but I don't imagine that would be quick!

No doubt. I have been through this before and it was at the end of the day so the cars were packed. It was also during a wicked June lightning storm to boot. We sat there for a good 30-40 minutes and there was no A/C. It really got to be a panic because it was stifling in there and lighting was bolting down all around us.

When we finally pulled into the station at TTC everybody started running down the ramp like it was the fall of Saigon :scared:. Completely crazy scene :crazy2:. DW and I just looked at each other like "what the heck" :confused: .

Not technically a ride, but hands down Carousel of Progress. We got stuck in it and had to watch the same scene 3 times, and I think another scene twice too. It may have even been more than that. It seems like we were in the thing for an hour. Seems like we were stuck halfway between scenes for a while too. I think they were "rebooting" us, but then it would glitch or stick again. That was several years ago, and we haven't set foot in it since! We felt trapped!

We've also been stuck on Small World for 20 minutes, but right as you are moving into the last area with the signs so not much to look at and that song going over and over and over. We've also been stuck on the Monorail for 20 to 25 minutes, and it gets hot and also a little nerve racking being up high on a rail not moving for that long. Funny, there are multiple posts about being stuck on HM right where the ghost pops out from behind the gravestone- we've been stuck in that spot too- probably not more than 5 minutes- but I still didn't like it!

The only ride I've ever been truly stuck on and evacuated off of was the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. It was just after Wishes ended and was on the outside of the ride.
I don't like heights and of course you ended up walking above Tomorrowland outside to get to the stairs that eventually led to Mickey's Star Traders.
I was very nervous walking on that edge of that ride even though there was a short railing there.

I would hate to be stuck at the top of something like BTMRR or EE.

We have had momentary stops on some of these rides - like Buzz Lightyear...but the only ride we've been evacuated from which I'd say has to be the worst was RnRC. Mostly because they loaded us, sent us over to where you launch...and as it was counting down we just never went...so a lot of built up expectation and a big let down! Also, because there were likely other cars that were elsewhere in the ride, we were not high priority...so we had to sit there...in the harness unable to move for like 10-15 minutes...with loud music playing.

I've never been stuck on ISAW, but I can imagine that being pretty horrific.

We got stuck on Spaceship Earth during the mammoth scene, and we were stuck for a good while. I love the ridge, but that was almost unbearable after a certain period of time.

I've been stuck on Haunted Mansion multiple times, but always 5 minutes or less. Been stuck on Splash a few times, the last time was the longest, it was about 10 minutes. I'm sure there have been other minor delays that I'm not remembering. I've only been evacuated once and that was off of Pooh. We had just loaded and turned the corner to enter inside and it stopped. Good news there was, we were one of the very first to be evacuated, so we were only detained abougt 5 minutes or so.

My dad would say IASW hands down. We did get stopped in it - in the final room with all the languages - for a few minutes once. I don't know how long, but I know he was ready to jump out and walk to the exit.

For me it would be Dinosaur where that bloody carnataur comes out at you. I look about 5 in every ride pic because I am so terrified. Not sure why I keep putting myself through the torture because I'm sure one time I WILL get stuck there and he will just keep popping out.

We got stuck in the "heat" part of test track in previous life for at least half an hour. Thought we would blister!

And once in PoTC for a dismal time between nothing. And it was really cold.

But theo worst was at Sea World Manta, stuck almost an hour in blazing heat, restraining, hanging upside down. I am usually calm. I thought I might lose my mind, my self, and my sentient being forever.

The worst ride for me to get stuck on was It's a Small World. Ugh. I hope it never, ever happens again. :scared::scared:

I would not like to get stuck on Its a Small World, it would be abandon ship for me.

IASW definitely. We've been stuck on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz (which was cool because we kept shooting targets lol), and People Mover. But something about that small world music makes me kookoo!!

I've been stuck on IAW twice. Once for 30 minutes and once for 45 minutes. I will never ride that ride again. I also got stuck on HM at the seance scene during wishes. That lasted about 20 minutes. It sound like we were being bombed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter