Worst ride to get stuck on?

we go to Disneyland frequently so these were all there......
Toads wild ride, right at the TNT scene. We got walked off with the lights on through "hell" it was awesome.
Top of Mickeys Wheel of Death for over an HOUR! Got fastpasses for that one
Space mountain about halfway through the ride. Sat for a good 20 minutes then someone came by and pushed us! We glided the rest of the way down with the lights on! So much fun! We pulled into the station and they put us straight through again!
Grizzly River Rapids (like Kali River). We got stopped at the top of a hill in direct sunlight for almost an hour. Gates opened finally and let us down the hill but we then had to climb into the raft in front of us to unload. I was hot, thirsty and dizzy. Not cool. Got fastpasses for that one

While at MNSSHP in 2014, we went on Thunder Mtn for about the 4th time for the night. It was just starting to rain lightly when we entered the queue. It started to pour as we got on. To make things worse, our train got stuck just outside the unloading area in the rain for about 10 minutes. We were totally soaked! But it gave us a good story to talk about.

I have been stuck on a roller coaster before (not at Disney) in awful heat for a couple hours before (stuck for about 45 min before someone came to even talk to us and then had to evacuate the coaster one row at a time/had to walk down to the ground. They started in the back/each row had to be on the ground before they came up to do the next row and I was in the front row, which is why I was stuck for even longer since they got to us last.) It was so traumatic and I am now pretty claustrophobic (was not before that happened.) Being stuck outside in the extreme heat or in a confined space like the monorail would be way worse for me than to be stuck in a dark ride (where it is as least cool and easily can be evacuated.)
At Disney this past September my family and I were evacuated off of the new Frozen ride. We were told we could not take pics or videos of any backstage areas and my kids and I thought it was all so cool.

My husband and 2 daughters were stuck on Splash Mountain for over an hour on an incline (not the largest one). They were one of the last to be let out. Not comfortable at all. We've also been evacuated off Spaceship Earth when we were at the top- lots and lots of stairs, but none have been as bad as them sitting on an incline for over an hour.

My DH and DS got stuck on Mission Space for 30 minutes last summer. They were pretty miserable in that claustrophobic capsule.

This would be the absolute worst for me! I love "Mission Space", but I always fear getting stuck in the capsule. I'm fine with the pre-show/instructions (while sitting inside), fine during the ride and after, but always relieved when the doors and seat harness open and lift up because I think that's always in the back of my mind. I didn't use to be like that - I think the mild claustrophobia I have came within the last few years and I don't know why. It won't stop me from doing any rides though but I also wouldn't like to be stuck on a roller coaster for too long because of the harness would make me feel like I was trapped.

But yeah, "Mission Space" would be my biggest fear in all of Disney World.

Many years ago I got stuck on Test Track in the section where the tested the 'heat resistance' or something of the car and I almost had a panic attack it was getting so hot!

I've also been stuck on Buzz Lightyear on/off... the entire ride took us 40 min! I was kind of freaked out but kept my cool! haha!

Also been stuck on HM and Spaceship Earth for just a few minutes each, I think its more related to loading those that needs wheelchairs/transfer out?
I always thought on the old TT that that'd be a terrible place to get stuck in

We were stuck several times on Splash Mtn when going last year with my parents, who were scared despite having been on it before years ago. So that can be unpleasant

We always seem to get stuck on Winnie the Pooh. Longest time was near the beginning of the ride in the room where Tigger bounces up and down - it went on for at least 15 minutes before a cast member walked us out. Totally ruined the bouncing Tigger toy for my kids.

Got to be The Seas with Nemo & Friends. I got stuck in it with my brother and Dad and the "Big Blue World" was on constant loop.

We always get stuck in POTC, it never fails. There was one time (which was the worst of them all) we were in the scene where they are auctioning off the Red Head, and the ride just stopped moving. All the boats were lining up but nothing was happening. Kept hearing the CM telling us to stay in our seat that the ride will start up momentarily (which was actually 20 minutes). There was a point in time where all the lights came on and they turned off the music so all you heard was the hydrolics of the animatronics. DH decided that he wanted to at least listen to the music, so he put the park music for POTC on through his phone and turned it up so our boat could hear it (everyone laughed and cheered).

The other place (and it really isn't that we got stuck there but a lot of boats get stopped towards the end of the ride) is right next to the waterfall in Splash as you are heading in again after the drop. I always seem to forget that it is there so DH always gets in first knowing really well that I will be the one getting drenched. I have gotten drenched more there then I do from the actual splash down :rotfl:.

When I was about 8 we got stuck on Its a Small World for 30-45 minutes...It was no fun...
In February my mom and I went and got stuck on HM for about ten minutes in two spots, Buzz Light year for about ten minutes in two spots and Spaceship Earth for about ten minutes at the printing press. It was odd how many stops we had. I'm thinking some rides need better maintenance.

We once got stuck on the Great Movie Ride in the scene with the bubbles and synchronized swimmers. It was for a while and they never turned off the music. I thought I was going to lose my mind and they finally came and got us out of the vehicles.

Another time we got stuck on Pirates and it was right near the end right before the exit. I kept saying, but I can just climb out here, I can climb out here. My mother didn't think that was too amusing and told me to keep my butt in the seat.

Big thunder mountain at the very top of the second lift hill,we sat for 25 minutes and were finally walked off the ride.second time was on the people mover,we sat for 35 minutes before being walked off.

About a week ago, we were evacuated off POTC. (June 5th) It took about an 1 1/2hrs. I think there were 5 or 6 boats that had to be unloaded. We were at the fire scene and it was about 30 minutes before they turned the sound off. I love POTC but that song was getting annoying. When the lights came on, I realized that POTC is a lot prettier than I had thought. Tons of color, flowers, etc... you just can't see it in the dim light. Well, I also had plenty of time to study my surroundings. As we exited and walked around the back, the fantasy of magic floats came by without characters on them. We were let back into the park right by the POTC ride where everyone parks their strollers. We were given water, mickey bars (yum), and 2 paper FP each. :teeth:

We've all been there: your ride is going smooth, you're having fun, and suddenly it all grinds to a halt and that message comes over the PA to stay seated because "your ride will resume shortly."

I'd gotten fairly used to it, because if you ride enough rides on a long trip, it's bound to happen once. But today I had an entirely new experience with it:

I was riding Test Track and we'd just passed under the MPH sign on the outside track and entered the steep banking curve when the car completely stopped -- with all of us practically sideways. I honestly thought I was going to fall out at first.

Eventually I settled into a relatively safe and comfy (as could be) position and just waited things out. I bonded with the strangers sharing the ride (I was riding as a single rider) and of course we all took out our phones to share the experience on Instagram and Snapchat.

After about 10 minutes, a maintenance worker came out to do some work on our car, and then gave us a push to get us going, and we finally made it back inside. I've still never had to be evacuated off a ride, but that was definitely as close as I've come.

For those of you who've had similar experiences, what's the worst situation you've been "stuck" in on a ride?
I have some motion sickness issues, so mine will seem strange to many of you but on the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot you go through a tunnel with bubbles rising and then they start t shake and bubble very rapidly. I was stuck there for 10 minutes, and was sick for an hour. It didn't even move, just the sound of the track bubbles, and the few moments I opened my eyes were enough to do me in.

I agree it's a small world is the worst with the song! We got stuck on that once, luckily not for too long but the song was slowly making me go insane!
We also got evacuated off Hollywood rip ride rockit at universal studios. We were fortunate and our car had just about made it back under cover close to where they unloaded but we were stuck in the heat in the middle of the day for about half an hour. I felt sorry for the poor people stuck in the sun!

Reactions: RAD
Never been stuck at WDW but did get stuck once at DLR, on Big Thunder. It was toward the end of the ride anyway, so we actually thought it was pretty neat. And we got free "go to the head of the line" passes out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter