Would an all Parks (only) trip be feasible?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
I just heard a podcast with someone that went on the "Around the World" trip, & honestly it sounded exhausting. lol

I would definitely enjoy all the sites they visit, but i think it would be a great itinerary if they skipped some of the "sites" and just did all the parks.
  • Anaheim - 2 days
  • San Francisco - 1 day
  • Tokyo - 2 days
  • Shanghai - 1 day
  • Hong Kong - 1 day
  • Agra - skip
  • Cairo - skip
  • Paris - 2 days
  • Orlando - 4 days
Maybe 16-19 days instead of 24?

I guess cutting only 2 locations the price wouldn't be all that different, but it might feel more relaxing... maybe even skip SF just because it isn't a theme park (should still be visited another time by any Disney fan ;) )

Agra and Cairo are in there partly to break up the flight schedule. Hong Kong to Paris is a 13 hour flight.

Yes, I think some of these are used as re-fueling stops? I don't think they could do a purely global parks trip without putting some of these extra stops in just to re-fuel, but I could be wrong.

This is not a trip I am actually planning on doing for a variety of reasons. If we just playing armchair blue-sky imagineers/trip-planners, I would love to spend more time in the parks at each stop, but I don't know feasible it would be.

Agra and Cairo are in there partly to break up the flight schedule. Hong Kong to Paris is a 13 hour flight.
Very possible… maybe they could just build a new park in Egypt, problem solved. ;)

Yes, I think some of these are used as re-fueling stops? I don't think they could do a purely global parks trip without putting some of these extra stops in just to re-fuel, but I could be wrong.
It may be the only way to actually do it correctly would be to still do it in 24 days, but still skipping the non Disney locations, use them for fueling only. Maybe a redeye flight that stops during the night for fuel?

This is not a trip I am actually planning on doing for a variety of reasons. If we just playing armchair blue-sky imagineers/trip-planners, I would love to spend more time in the parks at each stop, but I don't know feasible it would be.
Agree 110%. That was my takeaway from the itinerary, id want to stay and enjoy the parks more than they get to.

Maybe the answer is make it 2 separate trips.
Trip 1. Asia - DLR to Asia parks then back to DLR.
Trip 2. Euro - WDW to Paris then back to WDW.

Trip to Paris is then just a trip to Paris. lol

Last edited:

Last time I flew to Shanghai from US, it took me 2 days to get over the jet lag and finally had the energy to go to Disneyland there. 😂 Granted I have family there and I was staying for a month, so I was not in a hurry.

I am actually planning a trip for next summer to go to Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo, and also visiting family again. It’s super exciting! All three parks have new lands open.

I've thought about this for a 12 parks in 12 days challenge, and I think it makes more sense to go Shanghai - Hong Kong - Tokyo - Anaheim - Orlando - Paris. The main advantage is the flight from Tokyo to Anaheim crossing the international date line, meaning you can fly 14 hours and not lose a day for the challenge.

If you wanted to go the other direction, the flight from Hong Kong to Paris is a 14 hour long, overnight flight. If you can sleep on planes or splurge for business class, this isn't too bad. But if you don't get much sleep, it would be pretty miserable.

There are people who have done it. A.B.D. has had one as well.

I have planned it, for fun. But if I would ever do it. It would be over a 6-8 week period.

I did Asia in 2 weeks, and that was hard. We didn't take enough time to adjust to the timezone and just relax a bit. Due to this, the last park is now my least favourite out of the 6. Because we were so tired.

Last edited:
In 2016 or 2017, I think, A-b-D offered a tour of all of the Asia parks for WDW and DLR annual pass holders only. There were behind the scenes aspects as well as special parks perks. Only 16 people ended up going. I keep hoping they will offer it again as my schedule didn’t work to go at that time. I know of a couple of people who made the trip and they said it was awesome.

Last edited:
Maybe the answer is make it 2 separate trips.
Trip 1. Asia - DLR to Asia parks then back to DLR.
Trip 2. Euro - WDW to Paris then back to WDW.

Trip to Paris is then just a trip to Paris. lol

That's a great idea. What you do is make the WDW/Paris more like the Backstage Magic Tour. Include a bunch of things you couldn't do if went to Disneyland Paris on your own. Also, there are enough Disney movies set specifically in Paris or inspired by other settings in France, you could probably do a tour based on locations seen in the movies, or locations that inspired the location/setting of different movies.

I typed my message on my phone while commuting home. I did see a link appear, but didn't check it. Interesting that that typing the name of ABD in full will change it into a link to Dreams Unlimited... Now I feel like I am advertising a company I have never used and I am not a fan off.

But.... I guess it's 12K more because Dreams Unlimited has to make a living.

That's a great idea. What you do is make the WDW/Paris more like the Backstage Magic Tour. Include a bunch of things you couldn't do if went to Disneyland Paris on your own. Also, there are enough Disney movies set specifically in Paris or inspired by other settings in France, you could probably do a tour based on locations seen in the movies, or locations that inspired the location/setting of different movies.
Yea, that could make the Euro trip much more worthy for sure... I'd be more interested in the Asia trip personally, but id want minimum of days in the parks, with tours, etc., on top of extra days in the city sites & tours. (I'm thinking 14-20 day trip?)

I'm thinking in this order... starting in SF at the Family museum.
San Francisco - 1 day
DLR - 3 park days
Hong Kong - 2 park days
Shanghai - 2 park days
Tokyo - 3 park days
DLR - 2 days

I typed my message on my phone while commuting home. I did see a link appear, but didn't check it. Interesting that that typing the name of A.B.D in full will change it into a link to Dreams Unlirnited... Now I feel like I am advertising a company I have never used and I am not a fan off.
Wow, that IS interesting. (automatically changing the link is shady as hell. lol)

I guess it's 12K more because Dreams Unlirnited has to make a living.
Don't Disney travel agents usually get paid out of the price, not needing to add anything on top?

Last edited:
Wow, that IS interesting. (automatically changing the link is shady as hell. lol)

Don't Disney travel agents usually get paid out of the price, not needing to add anything on top?
I have never used a travel agent, but based on what I read on these boards, that is the case for US Disney travel agents.

My guess is this trip is so expensive, only those with plenty of money can afford it. So, I wouldn't be surprised if DU thinks "if you can afford a $114K trip, then you can probably also afford a $126K trip". Probably easy money.

typed my message on my phone while commuting home. I did see a link appear, but didn't check it. Interesting that that typing the name of ABD in full will change it into a link to Dreams Unlimited... Now I feel like I am advertising a company I have never used and I am not a fan off.

Totally agree - I just edited my post to use a different reference that would not force a hyperlink I did not include.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter